Author Topic: Dog sees marathon going past his home, joins in, raises $44,500 for charity  (Read 755 times)

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

MechAg94

• friend
I liked the dog I saw on TV a few years ago that helped push his master's wheel chair in marathons.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
That was sooo cool.  =)
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
I liked his "Gary Larson dog" expression. He acted like he ran marathons all the time. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
Cute story, but fake. If you look at the scenes early in the race, Dozer's feet are uncovered. Look at the shots at and near the finish, and he's wearing doggie running shoes.

Sort of like this one: http://www.etv-hellas.net/videos/2014-03-05.html

I sent it to a friend in Greece. The language is Greek, and he said the video is actually a promotional, fund raising video for a group that wants to stop Norwegians and Fins from killing dolphins. It's a touching story -- but it's just a story.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Dannyboy

• friend
Some of that video might have been recreated but the story isn't fake. He also wasn't wearing shoes, that was mud on his paws.

This is a different video showing him crossing the finish line.

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/index?id=6567417
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Some of that video might have been recreated but the story isn't fake. He also wasn't wearing shoes, that was mud on his paws.

This is a different video showing him crossing the finish line.

Well, that makes me feel better about it. Thank you.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design