Author Topic: Ebay seller issue opinion.  (Read 673 times)

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
Ebay seller issue opinion.
« on: August 10, 2014, 06:16:47 PM »
I'm having an issue with an Ebay seller over a broken tablet pc. I want to get the opinion of the collective.

Below is a transcript of the emails redacted (for now) of personal info.

This involved an Android 10.1" dual core tablet.

Me;
"First off, thanks for the prompt shipping. I am impressed. Upon opening the package the screen is cracked. The way it was packed was all soft padding. The packaging was not damaged. The tablet seems to work. It's charging now. It looks like the actual display is ok. I cant feel the crack. I don't know if it came with a screen protector. What can be done?"
You've requested:
A refund. The refund amount includes the purchase price plus original shipping.

Seller;
""1) Please return the product firstly, and email us the tracking number.2) When we get the return, we refund or resend you another, OK? As the rules of eBay, buyers have to pay for the return cost.Our receiver´s information:Contact Name: *****redacted***** ChinaProvince: Guangdong,City:   *** redacted***   " next to the Contact Name.It is our company internal order number, used to identify different customer orders, so that we can determine that the parcel is from you. Best regards,""

Seller;
""Sorry to hear of this, but please do not worry, any problem of the item, we will resend you another or refund after confirmation.1) Please send photos / video of broken (wrong) product in eBay message or send to our email""****redacted**** "" OR upload to our website:http://photobucket.com.2) After you sent the photo /video, please remind us by eBay message we need following information: - Your email address? - The LINK of the video? eBay case really has a bad influence to our store's reputation, please kindly help us close it.We hope to solve problem peacefully, waiting for your soon reply.Best regards

Me;
"I have uploaded pictures of the screen. Also the screen will not respond to touch. At all. I would like to have another one. Did I read your message correct that you will send another one as soon as I provide you with shipper tracking number? Also not real happy about having to pay return shipping."

Seller;
"Dear friend, there are two way to solve the problem well.1, we will full refund you or resend you a new one, if you can send it back to us.2,we agree to refund you partial money and you can repair it in the local store. which one do you prefer?"

Me;
"I want a new tablet. Can we exchange only the tablet? I think the way the charger was packaged is why the screen was cracked. It was on top of the screen. So, can we exchange the tablet only to reduce the chance of this happening again?"

Seller;
"Yes, we agree. but could you send it back to us first? after we receive that one,we will send you a new replacement. do you agree?"

Me;
"After weighing the chances of the next one also being damaged, I have decided to return all of it for a full refund. I can't keep paying for return shipping. I will cut my losses and return for full refund."

Seller;
""1) Please return the product firstly, and email us the tracking number. 2) When we get the return, we refund or resend you another, OK? As the rules of eBay, buyers have to pay for the return cost. Our receiver´s information: Contact Name: ***redacted***** Country: China Province: Guangdong, City: Shenzhen, ***** redacted***** . It is our company internal order number, used to identify different customer orders, so that we can determine that the parcel is from you. Best regards," "

At this point I shipped and sent him the tracking info. And this is where it gets weird.

Seller;
"OKSincerely hope you'll receive soon.If you still don't get it until the above date, please email us before you Escalate the case, we will provide you an emergent solution. Your understanding would be highly appreciated.Best regards,

Me;
"I don't understand the last message. YOu said "sincerely hop you"ll receive soon. If you still don't get it until the above date, please email us before you Escalate the case," Besides an electronic refund of the purchase price what exactly am I to be receiving?"

Seller;
"I think you are happy to wait them for more days since they are on it's way."

Me;
"I would be happy if you would go ahead and refund the money now since you have the tracking number. I would be happier if you would also reimburse me for the return shipping."

Seller:
Dear friend

This is a shipping information message, in order to let you know the status of your parcel.

We have shipped your item out within 24 hours after you placed the order.

Shipped by: Airmail service
There is no tracking number if item price is under US$50.
The usual delivery time is 15-35 days after the shipment.

The postal delivery time to different countries and areas is different.

Me;
Dear Friend,

Just what have you shipped to me? I returned the broken tablet with the cords and charger for a refund, and you have sent me a parcel. What part of the word  "refund" do you not understand?

Am I missing something here?

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Ebay seller issue opinion.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 06:39:29 PM »
I would get eBay and your credit card company involved.  It is obvious that they are from here.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 11:45:02 PM »
Hit them with both barrels with negative feedback.

In my experience with Chinese Ebay companies,  they will bend over backwards and beg you to reverse the negative feedback.

I once ordered a couple flashlight parts on ebay (before discovering Light Hound),  and  left negative when I discovered my item didn't work. 
I'd  sent them one message which was ignored.
The minute the negative feedback hit them,  they were already shipping me a new one and offering to refund my money  if I would just  reverse the negative feedback.

I'm having an issue with an Ebay seller over a broken tablet pc. I want to get the opinion of the collective.

Below is a transcript of the emails redacted (for now) of personal info.

This involved an Android 10.1" dual core tablet.

Me;
"First off, thanks for the prompt shipping. I am impressed. Upon opening the package the screen is cracked. The way it was packed was all soft padding. The packaging was not damaged. The tablet seems to work. It's charging now. It looks like the actual display is ok. I cant feel the crack. I don't know if it came with a screen protector. What can be done?"
You've requested:
A refund. The refund amount includes the purchase price plus original shipping.

Seller;
""1) Please return the product firstly, and email us the tracking number.2) When we get the return, we refund or resend you another, OK? As the rules of eBay, buyers have to pay for the return cost.Our receiver´s information:Contact Name: *****redacted***** ChinaProvince: Guangdong,City:   *** redacted***   " next to the Contact Name.It is our company internal order number, used to identify different customer orders, so that we can determine that the parcel is from you. Best regards,""

Seller;
""Sorry to hear of this, but please do not worry, any problem of the item, we will resend you another or refund after confirmation.1) Please send photos / video of broken (wrong) product in eBay message or send to our email""****redacted**** "" OR upload to our website:http://photobucket.com.2) After you sent the photo /video, please remind us by eBay message we need following information: - Your email address? - The LINK of the video? eBay case really has a bad influence to our store's reputation, please kindly help us close it.We hope to solve problem peacefully, waiting for your soon reply.Best regards

Me;
"I have uploaded pictures of the screen. Also the screen will not respond to touch. At all. I would like to have another one. Did I read your message correct that you will send another one as soon as I provide you with shipper tracking number? Also not real happy about having to pay return shipping."

Seller;
"Dear friend, there are two way to solve the problem well.1, we will full refund you or resend you a new one, if you can send it back to us.2,we agree to refund you partial money and you can repair it in the local store. which one do you prefer?"

Me;
"I want a new tablet. Can we exchange only the tablet? I think the way the charger was packaged is why the screen was cracked. It was on top of the screen. So, can we exchange the tablet only to reduce the chance of this happening again?"

Seller;
"Yes, we agree. but could you send it back to us first? after we receive that one,we will send you a new replacement. do you agree?"

Me;
"After weighing the chances of the next one also being damaged, I have decided to return all of it for a full refund. I can't keep paying for return shipping. I will cut my losses and return for full refund."

Seller;
""1) Please return the product firstly, and email us the tracking number. 2) When we get the return, we refund or resend you another, OK? As the rules of eBay, buyers have to pay for the return cost. Our receiver´s information: Contact Name: ***redacted***** Country: China Province: Guangdong, City: Shenzhen, ***** redacted***** . It is our company internal order number, used to identify different customer orders, so that we can determine that the parcel is from you. Best regards," "

At this point I shipped and sent him the tracking info. And this is where it gets weird.

Seller;
"OKSincerely hope you'll receive soon.If you still don't get it until the above date, please email us before you Escalate the case, we will provide you an emergent solution. Your understanding would be highly appreciated.Best regards,

Me;
"I don't understand the last message. YOu said "sincerely hop you"ll receive soon. If you still don't get it until the above date, please email us before you Escalate the case," Besides an electronic refund of the purchase price what exactly am I to be receiving?"

Seller;
"I think you are happy to wait them for more days since they are on it's way."

Me;
"I would be happy if you would go ahead and refund the money now since you have the tracking number. I would be happier if you would also reimburse me for the return shipping."

Seller:
Dear friend

This is a shipping information message, in order to let you know the status of your parcel.

We have shipped your item out within 24 hours after you placed the order.

Shipped by: Airmail service
There is no tracking number if item price is under US$50.
The usual delivery time is 15-35 days after the shipment.

The postal delivery time to different countries and areas is different.

Me;
Dear Friend,

Just what have you shipped to me? I returned the broken tablet with the cords and charger for a refund, and you have sent me a parcel. What part of the word  "refund" do you not understand?

Am I missing something here?

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 01:47:38 PM »
It's even better now. Don't have time to update right now but will tonight.

This dude is a piece of work.