Author Topic: Mercenaries being deployed to Ferguson  (Read 2104 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Mercenaries being deployed to Ferguson
« on: August 20, 2014, 12:56:07 PM »
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/08/breaking-special-ops-contractors-former-navy-seals-deploying-to-ferguson/

A rather poorly written article, but it seems legitimate. First time I know of a merc firm being hired to do security in the states. Never would have thought I'd see the day...
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Mercenaries being deployed to Ferguson
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 12:58:33 PM »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 01:17:26 PM »
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/08/breaking-special-ops-contractors-former-navy-seals-deploying-to-ferguson/

A rather poorly written article, but it seems legitimate. First time I know of a merc firm being hired to do security in the states. Never would have thought I'd see the day...

Doesn't mean it hasn't happened before. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 01:33:07 PM »
I know in 2005 after Katrina there were companies looking to hire anyone with a concealed carry to go to work as security.  I almost did so after my unit left there.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
jeff w

I like onions!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 01:35:35 PM »
It's still private armed security guards.  Wonder if their guys actually have been approved as armed security guards ---

Oh, hell!  http://www.securityguardtraininghq.com/armed-security-guard-training-missouri/

In Missouri, there are no requirements in place to become an armed security guard on the state level. However, there may be some requirements to carry a firearm on the city and county levels in which case you must contact the local City Clerk’s office. The hiring company may also have criteria that you must meet.

What's this?!?  No government regulation of folks walking around with guns on their hips and wannabe badges on their chests?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 01:37:26 PM »
Company I worked for in KC that did crowd control and such had a security division.  The only reason that we didn't get to be armed is they didn't want to purchase the insurance.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 02:51:41 PM »
Oh, hell!  http://www.securityguardtraininghq.com/armed-security-guard-training-missouri/

What's this?!?  No government regulation of folks walking around with guns on their hips and wannabe badges on their chests?
Do you think that this lack of government regulation is good or bad?

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 02:54:03 PM »
The iron mines in northern WI and the UP of Michigan have hired them in the past when the bunny huggers got frisky.
I promise not to duck.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 03:19:18 PM »
Do you think that this lack of government regulation is good or bad?

Actually, just surprised that the Stassi statists had not gotten around to it.  As for good/bad?  Look what we get by making folks go through an academy before they can play a cop on TV/YouTube.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 04:08:39 PM »

They have no qualified immunity. If said mercs do something exceptionally stupid, they, their company, their contractee and insurance companies of everyone involved will be taken behind the woodshed and given an experience that would make certain scenes from Deliverance look like a candle lit dinner with fine wine, roses and music. 

Ergo, I have no problems with them.

If they were granted qualified immunity (ain't happening), then yes, if I was a local, I'd be absolutely furious.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 11:15:51 PM »
In Missouri, there are no requirements in place to become an armed security guard on the state level. However, there may be some requirements to carry a firearm on the city and county levels in which case you must contact the local City Clerk’s office. The hiring company may also have criteria that you must meet.

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but they're right to mention the county government. I'm fairly certain that security guards (even unarmed) need licenses to work in St. Louis County (where Ferguson is located). The security guards at the mall all had them, and I know the StL County govt. issues security guards' licenses out of the same office where I went to get my CCW. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2014, 06:36:21 AM »
When I got put on a security for the company I worked for there was a license, $50 a year at the time I believe, I had to have.  That was for being unarmed, but there were no training requirements.  Only a background check I believe.

Now here in Oklahoma to do either armed or unarmed there is CLEET certification that is required.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2014, 07:43:09 AM »
I don't know if it's still the case, but as of ten years ago, Massachusetts of all places did not have a security guard license.  I did armed security with my LTC being the only documentation.

When I moved to New Hampshire, I had to get a guard license.  It was no big deal, I think it was around $30.  I had to qualify with the weapon I intended to carry (same thing here in Connecticut) but the instructor only charged me $40. The pistol permit itself was $10.

Connecticut is the worst.  You have to have a basic security guard license, which is $100 for five years.  You have to have a pistol permit, $70 for five years, and you have to qualify with the pistol you carry every year and shell out another $62 to keep your "blue card" endorsement.  This year, I have to renew everything, so that's $232 down the drain if I don't get another job soon.

And that's not even counting the actual pistol qual.  When I was doing civilian security for the Air Guard, I qualified with one of their M9s.  When I had to branch out to another state site, I needed to qualify again with the weapon I intended to carry.  Fortunately I found an instructor who did it for $40; most in CT charge around $200 for the same course.  So if you're a brand new guard and you don't know anybody cheaper, you'd have to shell out almost $450 before you could even start working.  Just another reason Malloy can go sit on a tack.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2014, 09:51:19 AM »
They have no qualified immunity. If said mercs do something exceptionally stupid, they, their company, their contractee and insurance companies of everyone involved will be taken behind the woodshed and given an experience that would make certain scenes from Deliverance look like a candle lit dinner with fine wine, roses and music. 

Ergo, I have no problems with them.

If they were granted qualified immunity (ain't happening), then yes, if I was a local, I'd be absolutely furious.

You pretty much summed up why I have no problem whatsoever with this.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2014, 12:02:08 PM »
Going through all sorts of hoops to be employed to observe and report with a gun on your hip is just another dodge for increasing the government coffers.  On the other hand, if the hired help are going to be tasked with detaining and arresting people they need training and accountability comensurate with what the cops get.

stay safe.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2014, 02:32:41 PM »
Going through all sorts of hoops to be employed to observe and report with a gun on your hip is just another dodge for increasing the government coffers.  On the other hand, if the hired help are going to be tasked with detaining and arresting people they need training and accountability comensurate with what the cops get.

stay safe.

Or someone has the balls to try a really generous ROE for the mercs, a very uncomfortable but hopefully brief period of 1-2 years while everyone adjusts, the MSM and SJW's wail and gnash teeth, and the "OPFOR Demographic" learns "Don't do that..." in a much more visceral fashion than any laws or our revolving door justice system that's over-packed with non-violent offenders on mandated sentences... could ever accomplish.

Fortunately/unfortunately it would require co-opting almost the entire American judiciary with bribes or blackmail to pull it off. (Chris... what kind of kinky stuff are you into?  =D ) Of course, that would be yet another "cure is worse than the disease" solution ultimately, much like most Civil War II/SHTF scenarios would realistically wind up as well.

However, it holds a certain appeal if you're convinced it's all going to hell no matter what happens, and would at least like to see the people responsible or who have it coming pay for it Darwin style.
I promise not to duck.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2014, 03:15:35 PM »
Best thing would be for the cops to pull out completely so that the halfway decent local folks could band together and fix the problem  >:D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2014, 03:53:57 PM »
Best thing would be for the cops to pull out completely so that the halfway decent local folks could band together and fix the problem  >:D

Won't work. Numbers are too skewed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2014, 03:54:53 PM »
Won't work. Numbers are too skewed

Depends on the folks, their aim, and their ammo stashes.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2014, 04:57:41 PM »
HiPoint'll kill you just as dead as an HK VP9 will.
I promise not to duck.

saltydog452

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2014, 05:23:21 PM »
If I remember a bit of History right, the USA as we know it would not have happened as it did w/o paid combat solders.  German troops were paid mercinaries, French troops were sent here in order to prevent the English from capturing the prize of the NA Continent.

Having hired help to go into harms way, or political visibility  is a long standing politicaly denyable tactic.

salty

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2014, 06:53:33 AM »
If I remember a bit of History right, the USA as we know it would not have happened as it did w/o paid combat solders.  German troops were paid mercinaries, French troops were sent here in order to prevent the English from capturing the prize of the NA Continent.

Having hired help to go into harms way, or political visibility  is a long standing politicaly denyable tactic.

salty

Well what a lot of people don't realize is that the American Revolutionary War was for the British a World War.  They were fighting uprisings in most of their colonies at that time and a lot of other countries were trying to help stop the spread of the British Empire.