Author Topic: Britain being held responsible for migrants at Port of Calais  (Read 1135 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Britain being held responsible for migrants at Port of Calais
« on: September 04, 2014, 09:39:17 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2743136/Hundreds-migrants-storm-P-O-ferry-Calais-bid-to-Britain.html

News of the ferry storming comes as Ms Bouchart [Mayor of Calais] demanded Britain compensate Calais residents whose lives have been made a misery by immigrant camps in the area.
She blames Britain for having a lax immigration policy which encourages people to try and travel there in the hope they will be given a warmer welcome than in other parts of Europe.

French police armed with submachine guns were ineffective in stopping the rush of the mob - ,ost likely because they never fired those submachine guns.

Yes, firing on the unwashed masses yearning to receive welfare might well have caused an even larger disturbance.  Or then maybe not.  Had the French followed the example of their then-soon-to-be savior Ike Eisenhower on not only using tear gas, bayonets, tanks, and flamethrowers on the residents of Hooverville but burning the place to the ground, the would-be immigrants might also be forced to return to from whence they came.

I'm wondering if P&O Ferries will any time soon be using "The Sand Pebbles" as a training film - "Repel boarders port" with live steam works even better than firehoses.

No, I'm not inherently bloodthirsty, in spite of all the evidence suggesting otherwise.  But if you finally want to stop people who up till now you have been dealing with via appeasement it seems to me you must convince them that you now finally mean business and will not be cowed any further.  All of which is the argument against appeasement in the first place - but it seems to be almost hardwired to try that instead of standing up to the bully from the very beginning.  (Yes, I know all the arguments about pitchforks and spades against spears and swords.)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Britain being held responsible for migrants at Port of Calais
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 12:07:34 PM »
From the pictures it doen't look like a bunch of Germans or Poles or Greeks that are the "Migrants".  One wonders how they got to be in France?
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 12:40:59 PM »
Is that a side effect of the eu?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 01:56:41 PM »
From the pictures it doen't look like a bunch of Germans or Poles or Greeks that are the "Migrants".  One wonders how they got to be in France?

Lack of any significant border security at most of the nations between their starting location and the UK. Sounds like mostly Africa and Middle East nationals. 

http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21612152-rich-countries-must-take-more-migration-burden-europes-huddled-masses

Their annual numbers are less than two or three months of our southern border.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 01:59:26 PM »

Etrians, Sudanese, and Afghanis along with some Iraqui Kurds.  The first two groups cross from Africa to ports like Marseilles with almost no interference or paperwork.  Most likely the Afghanis and Kurds follow their lead.

France, in case you forgot, has a large Muslim population and many of their "enclaves" have been no-go zones for the police for decades.  But apparently it gets tiring living under sharia law with no chance for sex and being totally at the mercy of somebody else for all your need (food, clothing, shelter).  UK offers excellent welfare benefits, and as has been sort of in the news of late, a pretty decent (from the perspective of a pedophile/pederast goatherder) sex scene.  Britain has police no-go zones, but not because of a fear of violence - they (the Brits) do not want to upset the multi-culti situation vis-a-vis the "Asians".

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 02:06:18 PM »
Which one is the sarcasm smilie again?   :P =D

Is it this one ? ;/

If it is, that's the one I forgot.   =D :rofl: :rofl:
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 06:25:48 PM »
So the mayor of Calais - in France - is upset because a bunch of illegal immigrants are trying to LEAVE Calais and get to Britain?   ???

Well, first off, it's France's own fault for letting them in, in the first place.  :facepalm:

And it seems that if a bunch of illegals/migrants/whatever want to LEAVE - you help them.

But it seems as if the Euros don't have any more stomach for dealing with illegals than we do.  :mad:

Similar scenes coming soon to a port near you . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain