Author Topic: Half Baked Bread  (Read 1313 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Half Baked Bread
« on: September 16, 2014, 01:23:14 PM »
Why did I not know about this before? I recently saw it at Trader Blows and also at the local supermarket. I really like it. After 10min in the toaster oven, it's nearly as good as fresh baked bread.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Half Baked Bread
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 01:44:50 PM »
We get it now to make pizza bread.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 01:54:02 PM »
Another sign of growing old: you delight on the concept of par-baked bread. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 02:31:17 PM »
Love par-baked bread.  TJ's has some yummy Naan as well.

Hey Ben, the next time you are at TJ's, pick up this to put on your par-baked bread.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 02:42:33 PM »
Love par-baked bread.  TJ's has some yummy Naan as well.

Hey Ben, the next time you are at TJ's, pick up this to put on your par-baked bread.

Thanks Andy! Another thing I didn't know TJ's has. I've been getting German butter a few times of year for the folks from Igourmet (also grass fed) and everyone loves it. I'm gonna give this stuff a try - it sounds like it's the same, but likely not as outrageously expensive.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 02:51:55 PM »
Thanks Andy! Another thing I didn't know TJ's has. I've been getting German butter a few times of year for the folks from Igourmet (also grass fed) and everyone loves it. I'm gonna give this stuff a try - it sounds like it's the same, but likely not as outrageously expensive.

Ben you are welcome.  If you want to get into fresh baked bread without that much hassle let me know.  Par-baked is good and you can even par-bake this bread.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 04:05:27 PM »
Ben you are welcome.  If you want to get into fresh baked bread without that much hassle let me know.  Par-baked is good and you can even par-bake this bread.

Do tell. The consensus appears to be that I have time on my hands.  :laugh:

Like cornbread, which I only recently figured out, I've not yet been able to bake what I would give the thumbs up on as a decent loaf of bread.

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 04:37:29 PM »
I will PM you a link.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 06:50:32 PM »

Don't lead the old guy to more salt, that's the last thing (maybe not the last but close) he needs, more salt.   ;)

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 08:08:56 PM »
Don't lead the old guy to more salt, that's the last thing (maybe not the last but close) he needs, more salt.   ;)

bob

It can't be any worse than the cigars and whiskey (and hookers and blow).  =D

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 08:17:22 PM »
It can't be any worse than the cigars and whiskey (and hookers and blow).  =D

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 08:35:13 PM »
I've been known to partake of the parbake a time or two. It's handy and convenient.

I also make quite a lot of my own bread using the wet dough/no knead/dutch oven method. Comes out lovely. About three minutes of mixing is the hardest part about it, just takes some forethought for the rise.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 09:34:28 PM »
You can parbake pies too... I know this because my grandmother had a chest freezer full of frozen pies when she died.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 10:15:57 PM »
If you're interested in learning how to bake bread, this book is the best way I've found =) it's been redone to work with bread machines so the older printing might be better if you're not using one. [tinfoil]

If not you can get unbaked frozen loaves of bread. [popcorn] next to the frozen breakfast stuff, bag of 5 loaves or so. You do have to plan ahead more though.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2014, 11:27:16 AM »
The "rise and bake" yeast rolls in most markets' frozen foods section usually come out pretty well... unless you do like my ex wife and try to force-proof them in a 200 deg oven.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: Re: Half Baked Bread
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2014, 04:15:36 PM »
Don't lead the old guy to more salt, that's the last thing (maybe not the last but close) he needs, more salt.   ;)

bob

Everything we've been told about salt is wrong.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2014, 04:25:12 PM »
Thanks Andy! Another thing I didn't know TJ's has. I've been getting German butter a few times of year for the folks from Igourmet (also grass fed) and everyone loves it.

The people or the butter?  Never fed butter grass or anything else, myself.