Author Topic: Any Texas members have any info on this  (Read 3148 times)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Any Texas members have any info on this
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 03:15:54 PM »
Don't know anything about it. 

If it was a no-knock, dude deserves to get off as an example to others who might try to pull such stupid human tricks.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 03:21:13 PM »
Be curious if race is the factor in the two different cases. 

Based on the "facts" presented in the article I would love to be sitting on the jury.  I would at least hang it.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 03:24:08 PM »
It's interesting too in that there is no mention of a criminal history for the shooter. If there was one we would likely have heard by now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 03:31:23 PM »
Sounds like Cory Maye all over again.  (except in Maye's case the warrant was for next-door; in other words, no warrant)  He was just recently released after years on death row in Mississippi.
"It's good, though..."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 03:51:43 PM »
The WoD has caused a rise in a violent street gang- known as SWAT.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 05:39:41 PM »
It's interesting too in that there is no mention of a criminal history for the shooter. If there was one we would likely have heard by now

His "criminal history" doesn't mean *expletive deleted*it.
1) did he have reason to believe he was having his home invaded or

2) did the police have a valid warrant and identify themselves loudly and properly
3) given the propensity of the criminals to immitate the police, 2 probably doesn't really matter anyway.

No knocks need to go away.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 05:48:28 PM »

I was thinking, why not stake out places the "bad guy" is supposed to frequent, when they are present, then have the "team" serve a warrant by knocking on the door and handing the person who answers the door a warrant. If the "team" is big enough all exits will be covered and if the guy hides, wait him out. If that costs too much money to do, then the crime they are supposedly guilty of isn't that serious of a crime.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

• friends
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 05:53:29 PM »
That sounds real good. So long as you ignore the underlying reason they do no knocks

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 06:05:41 PM »
That sounds real good. So long as you ignore the underlying reason they do no knocks

He may only have an ounce* of pot or 1 bottle of illicit pain pills, and he can flush that much -- then they can't asset forfeiture (that's a verb now) all his guns, cash, and other valuables.

*(an ounce isn't much is it?  I have no experience with these things)
"It's good, though..."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 06:45:44 PM »

So they can have prolonged erections then have hot man on man sex back at the station after dressing up in fetish gear and kicking people around?
I knew it!

Barack Obama

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2014, 07:07:10 PM »

LOL Nice try. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2014, 08:02:20 PM »
The desperate attempt to manufacture evidence is palpable.

A glass pipe (Ohhhh da ebil rite?  Perhaps one of those Vapeing things? )
A grinder (What they hell kind of grinder?  A coffee grinder?  A pestle and mortar?  A mini-food processor/grinder?)
Let's run through the rest of the incriminating list:

A safe (What kind?  Most everyone here has at least one)
A laptop (Using one right now to type this)
walkie-talkies (My son has two or three sets)
three cellphones (If you dug through my drawers you'd find my old Blackberry, a Nextel, and one of the early flip phones, in addition to the one I have now)

It's like the Sherlock Holmes mystery "The Dog that Didn't Bark".  What's missing from all the stories I read (all the ones from news stations, not blogs or magazines) is there's no mention of Mr. Guy having a record of any kind.  Normally that's what screamed in the first few paragraphs, his rap sheet.  Since there's no mention of what a nefarious character Mr. Guy is, I'd bet anything he wasn't.  

So it really makes me wonder what we're missing here.  Or is the DA simply trying to railroad this man for having the temerity to defend himself from the police.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

• friends
Any Texas members have any info on this
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2014, 08:04:43 PM »
Well he's got a shot.http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Man-who-shot-at-cops-acquitted-5608077.php

I wonder what the surveillance video shows. And if the cops were taping.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2014, 08:25:10 PM »
The desperate attempt to manufacture evidence is palpable.

A glass pipe (Ohhhh da ebil rite?  Perhaps one of those Vapeing things? )
A grinder (What they hell kind of grinder?  A coffee grinder?  A pestle and mortar?  A mini-food processor/grinder?)
Let's run through the rest of the incriminating list:

A safe (What kind?  Most everyone here has at least one)
A laptop (Using one right now to type this)
walkie-talkies (My son has two or three sets)
three cellphones (If you dug through my drawers you'd find my old Blackberry, a Nextel, and one of the early flip phones, in addition to the one I have now)

It's like the Sherlock Holmes mystery "The Dog that Didn't Bark".  What's missing from all the stories I read (all the ones from news stations, not blogs or magazines) is there's no mention of Mr. Guy having a record of any kind.  Normally that's what screamed in the first few paragraphs, his rap sheet.  Since there's no mention of what a nefarious character Mr. Guy is, I'd bet anything he wasn't.  

So it really makes me wonder what we're missing here.  Or is the DA simply trying to railroad this man for having the temerity to defend himself from the police.

My money says he liked to smoke a little pot, maybe even split a little pinch off for a few buddies.  Someone got busted and said they bought it from him and he was a big dealer.  Yeah, i'd love to see the affidavit for the raid....
JD

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2014, 08:36:07 PM »
My money says he liked to smoke a little pot, maybe even split a little pinch off for a few buddies.  Someone got busted and said they bought it from him and he was a big dealer.  Yeah, i'd love to see the affidavit for the raid....

Or someone was looking to settle a score?

But given the paucity of evidence, I'm betting that he didn't even smoke any pot.   I'd sure like to know more about him.  Occupation, background, etc.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2014, 08:41:42 PM »
Or someone was looking to settle a score?

But given the paucity of evidence, I'm betting that he didn't even smoke any pot.   I'd sure like to know more about him.  Occupation, background, etc.

He's black.  And not very photogenic.  That doesn't mean much to me, but apparently it does to the DA.

(BTW, in Texas doesn't this have to go to a grand jury first?)
"It's good, though..."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2014, 09:05:07 PM »
He's 49.
Whenever I  see a black male with graying hair, I usually assume he's not a criminal.
If he made it to 49 without being killed or or incarcerated long term, it usually means he's making more good life choices than bad.

Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2014, 12:49:39 AM »

^^^ This says it all.

The entire concept of a no-knock warrant (or the fictitious "knock and announce" warrants, where the SWAT team knocks on the door, counts to 2.73, then breaches the door because "The occupants did not respond to our knocks") is contrary to the concept of search warrants. What good is a warrant if the police are going to smash in the door of house next door to the address they have a warrant for? What good is a warrant when the person they want to find moved out six months or a year ago and the SWAT team terrorizes an innocent family who have no clue what the raid is all about?

The CATO Institute tracks the number of bad raids like this nationally, and the number is growing. No-knock and "knock and announce" dynamic entry warrants should simply not be allowed. Using Cory Maye as an example, if the cops had just knocked on the door like civilized people and handed him the piece of paper, he could have told them that the address they wanted was next door. But no, they had to go all Expendables and smash through the door -- thereby getting one of their own killed.

DUMB! Unconstitutional, and DUMB!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2014, 01:01:21 AM »
I would love it if a grand jury in one of these cases indicted the judge who signed a no-knock warrant for criminal negligence or even manslaughter.  AFAIK, sovereign immunity in the US is only immunity from civil actions.
"It's good, though..."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2014, 11:18:47 AM »
Guys climbing through his WINDOW at o'dark thirty, and he's supposed to know they're police, even though they've made NO effort to present him with a warrant or identify themselves before forcing entry? Heck, every surviving cop on the raid ought to be charged with murder because someone died!!

If the victim had a criminal history, I would expect charges like "felon in possession of a firearm" would have been filed as a matter of course.

He's 49.
Whenever I  see a black male with graying hair, I usually assume he's not a criminal.
If he made it to 49 without being killed or or incarcerated long term, it usually means he's making more good life choices than bad.
Sadly, I suspect there's a lot of truth to that stereotype.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2014, 01:17:18 PM »
Sadly, he only got one of them  >:D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2014, 02:53:48 PM »
Sadly, he only got one of them  >:D

Seriously??

Closed.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536