Author Topic: Breaking news: SCOTUS facilitates gay marriage  (Read 912 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Breaking news: SCOTUS facilitates gay marriage
« on: October 06, 2014, 10:26:17 AM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/06/supreme-court-gay-marriage/16546959/

SCOTUS declines to hear gay marriage cases, thus allowing several Federal appellate circuit cases legalizing it to stand.  The prediction is that more Federal appellate circuits will issue decisions legalizing it, eventually resulting in de-facto legalization for most, if not all, of the country.

PS: of course, the Court may decide to hear these cases in the future.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 10:30:26 AM by MillCreek »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Breaking news: SCOTUS facilitates gay marriage
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 02:05:30 PM »
I heard a preacher a while back say he thought legalizing it was inevitable.  He was just hoping no one would try to force him to marry gay couples.  That is likely one of the next steps on the gay lobby's list.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 02:24:25 PM »
Maybe, just maybe, SCOTUS has said something that I've read here a few times...marriage is a contract between two people with government blessing required.  Why should it matter what two people enter that contract?
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: Re: Breaking news: SCOTUS facilitates gay marriage
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 04:57:21 PM »
Maybe, just maybe, SCOTUS has said something that I've read here a few times...marriage is a contract between two people with government blessing required.  Why should it matter what two people enter that contract?

Why should it matter that it be two?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 05:50:20 PM »
I doubt many preachers would agree.  I also doubt the SCOTUS of 200 years ago would agree.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge