Author Topic: Walking dead season 5 (Spoilers)  (Read 54457 times)

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Walking dead season 5 (Spoilers)
« Reply #175 on: March 14, 2015, 09:43:50 PM »
"What were you arrested for, kid?"
And I said, "Littering." And they all moved away from me on the bench
there, and the hairy eyeball and all kinds of mean nasty things, till I
said, "And creating a nuisance." And they all came back, shook my hand,
and we had a great time on the bench, talkin about crime, mother stabbing,
father raping, all kinds of groovy things that we was talking about on the
bench. And everything was fine,
 >:D :old: :rofl:

There ya go!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #176 on: March 16, 2015, 04:04:07 AM »
HOLY *expletive deleted*it HOLY *expletive deleted*it HOLY *expletive deleted*it
THAT
WAS
BRUTAL
 :O
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

erictank

• friends
« Reply #177 on: March 16, 2015, 09:00:13 AM »
No spoilers, but that was more brutal than anything I think I've EVER seen on the show! :O

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #178 on: March 16, 2015, 11:57:17 AM »
'The revolving Door of Death.'    Ha ha ha.

Oh yea, that was   .....  BRUTAL!
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #179 on: March 16, 2015, 12:04:56 PM »
Spoilers are allowed.

Holy crap.

Ok seriously I thought they weren't gonna bring Aiden back and that was going to make them extra suspicious.  But with him and Noah dying and the girl taking a serious thump to the head....
Wow
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #180 on: March 16, 2015, 01:38:23 PM »
Nasty death toll this season:  Bob, Beth, Tyreese, and now Noah.  Our merry band of survivors keeps shrinking.

Nice to see Eugene finally growing a pair.

Anyone besides me thinking someone should have capped Aiden before the walkers devoured him? Glenn was out of ammo so he couldn't do the merciful thing for Noah.  Deanna's reaction will be interesting to watch.

And, what others have said:  brutal.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #181 on: March 16, 2015, 02:35:34 PM »
I'm interested to see where they take the show.  I didn't read the comic book version, but my understanding is that Alexandria became the place where Rick and company settled down, and some major events took place that included significant deaths and dismemberment.  So, with that in mind, I see the show at a crossroads here.  They can follow the path of the comics, more or less, but that will alter the show from an on-going quest looking for sanctuary (which may no longer exist) to a show about life in Alexandria.  Or, they can take the show completely away from the comics and chart their own course.  Kind of hoping for the latter. 
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #182 on: March 16, 2015, 03:44:19 PM »
that was a fantastic episode!
however it is a bit unbelievable that a group of cowards like that would have held onto alexandria as long as they did - it should be clear to the ricktator that the time has come to make them obey.
all hail Queen Carol
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #183 on: March 16, 2015, 04:06:11 PM »
Walls.  Walls made them soft.

I think that the group realizes just how soft this place is. 

And I see the plot paralleling and honoring the comics without actually copying them.  Some of the plot twists are directly from it, while otherwise it bounces off the comics and takes it's own course.  Many of the character lives are completely different.  People who have died are still alive in the comics, relationships that do and don't form, etc.
JD

JN01

• friend
« Reply #184 on: March 16, 2015, 04:36:03 PM »
They have been killing off characters for a while, and it has become almost routine.  I believe the brutality of Noah's death was done to give a stronger emotional reaction to the event, even though he is a newer and less beloved character.  Imagine the impact if they had done the same scene with Glen as the victim instead.

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #185 on: March 16, 2015, 05:35:12 PM »
I know its been mentioned here before but the wall braces on the outside bug me. That's got to come back & bite them. I wondered if the walls hadn't been built to keep people in and Deanna & husband are taking credit for something that existed.  Its always bothered me that every place they go with a big fenced yard there's dozens of walker., Like a bunch of people were herded in there "for their own good" until something goes horribly wrong.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #186 on: March 16, 2015, 05:45:28 PM »
The stage is set. Rise of the Ricktatorship!  :police:
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #187 on: March 16, 2015, 06:36:59 PM »
Notice how Gabriel was bad-mouthing the rest of Rick's group to Deanna? He's been half a bubble off plumb from the beginning, and he's going to be trouble . . . wonder who'll deal with him. (Michonne? or maybe Deanna?)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #188 on: March 16, 2015, 06:45:03 PM »
I really wanted to see Maggie pop up the stairs and ask him to explain to Deanna exactly what happened to his previous congregation...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #189 on: March 17, 2015, 04:35:49 PM »
I really wanted to see Maggie pop up the stairs and ask him to explain to Deanna exactly what happened to his previous congregation...

Think of all the times frank and honest discussions; sharing of information, would have significantly altered what transpired. 
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #190 on: March 19, 2015, 03:46:41 AM »
They have been killing off characters for a while, and it has become almost routine.  I believe the brutality of Noah's death was done to give a stronger emotional reaction to the event, even though he is a newer and less beloved character.  Imagine the impact if they had done the same scene with Glen as the victim instead.

Or Beth??!!!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

JN01

• friend
« Reply #191 on: March 19, 2015, 04:12:24 PM »
Yeah, Beth's killing was a bit shocking as it was a surprise, but was relatively sterile. Doing her like Noah would have really been over the top.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #192 on: March 19, 2015, 04:50:39 PM »
Beth's death can best be described as an accident, or a natural reaction from a former police officer to being stabbed. Beth was culpable in it because she wanted to stab what's her name to make a point.

Noah's death had all of the hallmarks of Alexandria's malice and cowardice that came out in that episode. I'm really surprised that Glenn didn't simply kill the guy. I was TRULY expecting Eugene to finally grow a set and cap the guy.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #193 on: March 19, 2015, 07:53:31 PM »
I know we're supposed to expect and be over it, but Glen's uncocked 1911 bugged me.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #194 on: March 21, 2015, 05:04:09 AM »
so- who dies first?
abusive husband of hair cutter gal or rat fink priest?
I say husband first because he didn't take the opportunity  to sober up and stop being a drunk after the apocalypse - the priest is a two faced rat but not as dangerous

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #195 on: March 21, 2015, 08:02:17 AM »
I know we're supposed to expect and be over it, but Glen's uncocked 1911 bugged me.

I'm just glad all the guns grew optics/sights this year.  Seems they sprang for a new weapons adviser.
JD

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #196 on: March 21, 2015, 08:39:34 AM »
I think Father Gabriel is actually very close to being nuts at this point.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #197 on: March 22, 2015, 09:36:33 AM »
so- who dies first?
abusive husband of hair cutter gal or rat fink priest?
I say husband first because he didn't take the opportunity  to sober up and stop being a drunk after the apocalypse - the priest is a two faced rat but not as dangerous

The group already doesn't trust Gabriel - even before his talk with Deanna, they knew he was off his rocker.

The abusive guy will go first. I'm not sure if it's Rick or Carol who'll do it, though I'm leaning towards Carol.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #198 on: March 22, 2015, 12:17:12 PM »
The group already doesn't trust Gabriel - even before his talk with Deanna, they knew he was off his rocker.

The abusive guy will go first. I'm not sure if it's Rick or Carol who'll do it, though I'm leaning towards Carol.

Carol. Cookies. Sweet smile. Blade... :O
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #199 on: March 22, 2015, 01:14:01 PM »
Moral question:
Drunk McWifebeater is a surgeon/doctor.  Can you afford to kill him in the post-apocalypse?  I mean, Carol's husband was worthless. But this guy....
Maybe he's redeemable.  A trip to beat-down-town, maybe some public shaming of some kind?
Also, besides her gut, Carol has no proof.  Maybe he's a controlling jerk but never actually hits them.
I almost wonder if Pastor McCoward is onto something.  Rick seems ready to take the place over regardless of cost.  Carol wants to kill the camp doctor because she thinks he's a wife beater.
Maybe they have slipped their moral crackers?

Oh, and in the preview for this week, I think there were more graves than were killed on the supply run?
JD