Author Topic: Truly useful information  (Read 726 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Truly useful information
« on: October 13, 2014, 04:38:09 PM »
http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/the-science-of-why-beer-is-so-delicious-17297163?click=pp

Even has a reference to how beer was probably made tens of thousands of years ago.

Strain it through a used hanky to get the cadavers out, and don't tell me how you got them out, and I'm good to go.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

brimic

• friends
Re: Truly useful information
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 08:38:28 PM »
http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/the-science-of-why-beer-is-so-delicious-17297163?click=pp

Even has a reference to how beer was probably made tens of thousands of years ago.

Strain it through a used hanky to get the cadavers out, and don't tell me how you got them out, and I'm good to go.

stay safe.

Their final conclusion sounded awfully sophomoric. Yeast doesn't need insects to spread it far and wide anymore than any other fungus does. I doubt that early man had any notions about flies=alcohol any more than flies =vinegar, which is the more likeky result if you alliw insects access go your fermentation.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 08:41:29 PM by brimic »
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Truly useful information
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 09:10:14 PM »
Their final conclusion sounded awfully sophomoric. Yeast doesn't need insects to spread it far and wide anymore than any other fungus does. I doubt that early man had any notions about flies=alcohol any more than flies =vinegar, which is the more likeky result if you alliw insects access go your fermentation.

It's beer. Leave it be. And hand me another one...

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB