Author Topic: For our younger members  (Read 606 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
For our younger members
« on: October 16, 2014, 03:45:45 PM »
http://www.adweek.com/news/advertising-branding/are-these-12-types-millennials-160688

Which type of millennial are you?

PS: the Portlandia babe is hot.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 03:49:06 PM by MillCreek »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: For our younger members
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 05:50:25 PM »
I look at the "problems" of millennials the same way as I do our welfare underclass.

(That is after you strip away all the usual boilerplate "What will the next generation ever do with themselves?" existential angst that's gone on with the boomers, gen x & y, and now the millennials as a new passtime for filling column-inches in news publications, electronic or paper...)

Whatever the "real" concerns of millennials are, like the welfare underclass, I'm sure some of them are genuine, however, in the harshest economic terms, if you subsidize something, you get more of it. Therefore I do not condone any kind of buying into the "problems" or "unique nature" of millennials.
I promise not to duck.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 07:23:12 PM »
Millenials have, for the most part, learned to pull their pants all the way up.  None of them know how to wear either a hat or a cap properly.
They have pretty much gotten off my lawn and now congregate at places called Starbucks.

They either shop for groceries on line, use some sort of delivery service, or at least stay out of the stores between midnight and 4 AM, thus leaving me to deal with The People of WalMart for space in the checkout line.

From what little attention I have paid to the financial end of Millenial-hood it seems they pay taxes.  Maybe not much, but some.

Thus, no problem.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 07:46:39 PM »
I look at the "problems" of millennials the same way as I do our welfare underclass.

(That is after you strip away all the usual boilerplate "What will the next generation ever do with themselves?" existential angst that's gone on with the boomers, gen x & y, and now the millennials as a new passtime for filling column-inches in news publications, electronic or paper...)

Whatever the "real" concerns of millennials are, like the welfare underclass, I'm sure some of them are genuine, however, in the harshest economic terms, if you subsidize something, you get more of it. Therefore I do not condone any kind of buying into the "problems" or "unique nature" of millennials.

I think the problems of millenials are mostly the economic chickens of the boomers coming home to roost on their watch.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 09:43:11 PM »
I think the problems of millenials are mostly the economic chickens of the boomers coming home to roost on their watch.

True,  to a degree.

OTOH, that's like arguing that Johnsons "Great Society" would have been "good" for those suffering the Great Depression.
I promise not to duck.