Author Topic: Colorado residents openly defying mag ban  (Read 1296 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Colorado residents openly defying mag ban
« on: October 31, 2014, 12:20:35 PM »
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/10/30/many-circumventing-colorado-high-capacity-magazine-ban/

Good for them. Let's hope they take out the trash this election and get this repealed.

https://www.facebook.com/Colorado2ndAmendmentAssociation?fref=nf

While not inaccurate, the word "circumventing" implies some discretion, guile or sneakiness. We are not "circumventing" the new laws. We are openly, willfully, and actively defying them. They are wrong, they were passed without the consent of the governed and we, overwhelmingly, are refusing to comply.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Colorado residents openly defying mag ban
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 02:25:00 PM »
Funny how the anti-2A folks are genuinely surprised by this.

When Prohibition was enacted, did alcoholic beverages magically disappear?  No, people found ways to make or obtain booze because they wanted it.  The same applies to "high capacity" magazines.

I expect the antis in CO will try to ban the kits next, and this will have minimal impact on the residents' ability to obtain magazines (drive to Wyoming, drive to Utah, etc.).  California already went through this: gun dealers in southern Oregon, western Nevada, and western Arizona sell a lot of magazines.

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 02:41:38 PM »
^^^I also know several Oregon residents visiting Kalifornistan occasionally lose a magazine or 3
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 02:45:04 PM »
^^^I also know several Oregon residents visiting Kalifornistan occasionally lose a magazine or 3

Really?  Gosh, that's a shame.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 03:30:47 PM »
Really?  Gosh, that's a shame.

I know...   At least I would hope that those poor lost magazines would find a good home be turned in to the proper authorities when found, of course.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 05:22:34 PM »
Won't America be an interesting place when average folks treat gun laws like they treat speed limits?

Were the anti's to get their way that is what I would expect, and Colorado and California* would seem to prove my point.  Right now no one make machine guns or SBR's because "OMG!! NFA!!!!!"  If simply having the firearm were a crime, why not make it a good one?  Or: If all Glocks are illegal, why not get a G18?

*A couple years ago I transferred to a reserve unit in CA, and started drilling over there. (long story)  I was honestly a little shocked when we started talking guns.  My new comrades literally laughed at me when I asked about AR's.  "We make whatever we want and don't keep it assembled", "I buy mag repair kits and make 30 rd mags"  I only install my bullet button when I go to a range.  Out in the desert it's game on."  I think Calguns members are the only folks in the whole state of California who follow the law.  What the SEALS stationed in Coronado told me about their weapons in best left off the net.  Let's just say CA's AWB is less than effective.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 05:40:41 PM »
Let's just say CA's AWB is less than effective.

Connecticut's is even more stupid.

Before April of 2013, Connecticut still had in force an AWB that pretty much mirrored the old federal AWB: limit of two "evil" features. On an AR-pattern rifle, the pistol grip and the detachable magazine are the two, so no flash hiders, no folding/telescoping stocks, no bayonet lugs, no vertical forward grips, etc.

I have a friend in Connecticut who owns a pre-ban AR, which was (and is) grandfathered in Connecticut but had to be registered. Since it's already registered, he didn't have to register it again. Now that Connecticut has reduced the limit of "evil" features to one AND required that all previously owned ARs (and similar firearms) be registered, I was commiserating about the plight of all the post-ban AR owners who had to register their "assault weapons."

My friend pointed out that this actually opened a lot of doors. Previously, it was illegal in Connecticut to import or to make an "assault" weapon. Only those pre-ban firearms that were registered were legal. As my friend rather succinctly expressed it, "Now that they're all registered as 'assault weapons' we can do anything we want with them. It's an assault weapon, so adding some more features can't make it any assaultier."

Unintended consequences ... the predictable result of people who don't know anything about guns presuming to write laws about guns.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 06:31:03 PM »
Won't America be an interesting place when average folks treat gun laws like they treat speed limits?

You think they don't?

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 07:55:26 PM »
You think they don't?

I know for a fact they don't. 

Read the opinions and posts of our members in 41magsnub's recent driving speed thread towards speed limits, or better the members of a driving enthusiast site, and then compare it to the vapors THR or TFL if someone posts a picture of a VFG on a pistol.

What do you think public outcry would be like if a No-Knock was conducted on a house because they had evidence he was driving without a license?

brimic

• friends
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 08:44:48 PM »
I know for a fact they don't. 

Read the opinions and posts of our members in 41magsnub's recent driving speed thread towards speed limits, or better the members of a driving enthusiast site, and then compare it to the vapors THR or TFL if someone posts a picture of a VFG on a pistol.

What do you think public outcry would be like if a No-Knock was conducted on a house because they had evidence he was driving without a license?

Pretty much right. There aren't to many left in the last generation that widely ignored gun/nfa laws
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama