Author Topic: Dr. Phil causes panties to wad  (Read 2402 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Dr. Phil causes panties to wad
« on: October 31, 2014, 12:24:23 PM »
http://www.aol.com/article/2014/10/31/dr-phil-calls-female-prisoners-on-jimmy-kimmel-liv/20986711/

On "Jimmy Kimmel Live," Dr. Phil described his recent trip to Riker's Island prison complex in New York.
He said he was there to interview an inmate who is on trial for murdering her 8-year-old son. The segment is set to air on his show Friday.
But Dr. Phil's story went from tragic to controversial with this comment...
"I'm telling you, even I could get laid in a women's prison."
"What?!"
"I am big in women's prison, let me tell you. But I mean, these women, I've never seen creatures like this."
"Wow!"
Needless to say, "Jimmy Kimmel Live" fans on Twitter weren't happy with Dr. Phil's comments.

So it seems Dr. Phil got exposed to the same sort of treatment a lot of women are exposed to, and was pretty much taken aback by it.  He was hit by the role-reversal experience of just about every B - through Z-movie scene of the pretty girl walking past the construction site.  (Except what he probably got would, by comparison, make those scenes qualify for a G rating.  Been there.  Had it done to me.  And $diety help if if you try to come back with some zingers of your own.  No, not me.  I was there to investigate the complaints of sexual harassment/attempted rape made against the new clerical type who did that on his first day's indoctrination tour and was never let back passt the sallyport again.)

Dr. Phil's failing, IMHO, was in not pointing out how it was like what "all women have to endure from some men".  (Quote from NPR this morning)  That would have soothed all the liberal breasts palpitating over the word "creatures" and made the whole thing a non-event.  I might google the subject again in a few days to see how/what he did on his show.  (No, I won't even watch videos of him or his show.)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Dr. Phil causes panties to wad
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 01:55:29 PM »
Hell, as a man you can get the same treatment in an all male lockup. I had to go into a county jail once to work on the PBX system once and even my fat ugly ass was seriously propositioned......and that was by the male guard.
The cat calls I got from the inmates were pretty tame considering my background.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 02:11:54 PM »
Hell, as a man you can get the same treatment in an all male lockup. I had to go into a county jail once to work on the PBX system once and even my fat ugly ass was seriously propositioned......and that was by the male guard.
The cat calls I got from the inmates were pretty tame considering my background.

Showed 'em you dolphin belt buckle eh? Sorry boys, already hitched.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 03:31:11 PM »
Of all of Oprah's spawn, he's the worst. Under the guise of "therapy" he's running the new version of the carnival side-show.

If one of the meth-rage teenage sorority sisters or whatever it is he has on his shows were to lunge out and decapitate him faster than the stage security could react, the collective IQ of America would jump 10 points instantly.

Sure, there's other shows that are even "worse", however I think they do far less damage, because they make no attempt to pass themselves off as having any redeeming social value.
I promise not to duck.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 03:46:15 PM »
*snort* when it comes to sexual harassment, woman are much worse, in terms of intensity, than men.

Men generally stop at benign catcalls. Sometimes they escalate to suggestion, especially if the woman reacts to his BS. Most just know better than to go further.

But when woman get going (especially if they are in a pack) they can get vicious and escalate more quickly into stuff like grabbing asses and whatnot.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 04:17:04 PM »
*snort* when it comes to sexual harassment, woman are much worse, in terms of intensity, than men.

Men generally stop at benign catcalls. Sometimes they escalate to suggestion, especially if the woman reacts to his BS. Most just know better than to go further.

But when woman get going (especially if they are in a pack) they can get vicious and escalate more quickly into stuff like grabbing asses and whatnot.

I've never witnessed this behavior outside of fictional accounts of women in male-for-women strip-clubs, or at batchelorette parties. Although that doesn't mean it does not happen.
I promise not to duck.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 05:19:22 PM »
I've never witnessed this behavior outside of fictional accounts of women in male-for-women strip-clubs, or at batchelorette parties. Although that doesn't mean it does not happen.

I've witnessed and been "victim"* of it.  It isn't restricted to fiction, strip clubs, or bachelorette parties.

*hardly bragging, it isn't exactly flattering when it isn't welcome.

Chris

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 05:24:27 PM »
I've witnessed and been "victim"* of it.  It isn't restricted to fiction, strip clubs, or bachelorette parties.

Chris

But I bet you're not scarred for life either. Not that it makes it any more right, just that the genders are indeed wired differently.
I promise not to duck.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 05:27:33 PM »

I worked security at a bar for a decade.  It happens.  Every G-D week.  Bitch I don't grab your boobs, don't grab my junk!

That said:
But I bet you're not scarred for life either. Not that it makes it any more right, just that the genders are indeed wired differently.

Yep.  15 min later I had moved on.  It didn't affect my self esteem (either way) an iota.  There were a couple of interesting nights where my wife was in the bar when girls got grabby however........

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 05:35:42 PM »

You obviously need to spend more time in women's prisons.... ;) =D =D
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 05:37:55 PM »
it isn't exactly flattering when it isn't welcome.

Speak for yourself!   :lol:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2014, 08:50:31 PM »

Chris

Yeah, the cougar attack was not enjoyable or desirable. 
Formerly sumpnz

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2014, 09:22:04 PM »

Chris

And at least a guy will be sorry when he sobers up.
Women ? Not so much

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2014, 09:49:13 PM »
When I did apartment maintenance, I had a couple of raunchy notes slipped under my office door - but I can't say for sure that they came from women.

...liberal breasts palpitating over the word "creatures"...

A lot of people seem to think that "creature" is an insult. They think it means something like beast, or animal.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2014, 10:37:48 PM »
Yeah, the cougar attack was not enjoyable or desirable.  

And cougars aren't always hot like TV would leave you to believe...I doubt many would complain about a 40 year old hottie hitting on them, but the 48 year old chainsmoker white trash turkey vulture with three teeth, well, you aren't going to like that at all...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Re: Dr. Phil causes panties to wad
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2014, 10:43:43 PM »
And cougars aren't always hot like TV would leave you to believe...I doubt many would complain about a 40 year old hottie hitting on them, but the 48 year old chainsmoker white trash turkey vulture with three teeth, well, you aren't going to like that at all...
So when's the wedding?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2014, 10:55:26 PM »

You've spent time in submariner bars.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2014, 10:59:49 PM »
So when's the wedding?

Nah, I gave her your number...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2014, 11:01:43 PM »

There's a sig line in there somewhere...  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Re: Dr. Phil causes panties to wad
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2014, 11:08:52 PM »
Nah, I gave her your number...
Already married. And since the poly lobby hasn't gained much ground I'm afraid I'll have to refer her back at ya.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2014, 11:23:35 PM »

Standards would have to have been pretty damn low to hit that one.
Formerly sumpnz

• friends
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2014, 11:26:00 PM »
Tequila

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2014, 11:40:40 PM »

oh, it's for real, AJ. It's for real.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2014, 11:52:29 PM »

Could also be that most guys actually aren't all that physically threatened in these situations.

Face it. It's a little different when your harasser is bigger, stronger and faster than you.

and it's scary as hell when he's drunk (BTDT)

Guys getting such attentions from woman just aren't in the same potential physical situation. Even if she is a 300 pound she-beast. Yeah, she'd squash you if she got a hold on you, but I'm pretty sure most guys can run faster than the blob.

Yeah, sure, it's just words, but when you've been taught to be very aware of few times it isn't just talk, it gets the nerves jumping.

And before anyone jumps on me for saying all this, I live in a town that has just become very aware of potential threats from seemingly "harmless" attention paid to young ladies. Multiple woman have been kidnapped, raped and murdered, and it's been made pretty clear that Jesse Mathews did some catcalling of his own.

• friends
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2014, 12:16:09 AM »
I was in fear for my honor once and she was indeed a 300 pound she beast. 1/2 sister of my roommate and they certainly thought me running away from her down the beach was funny. I finally moved to soft sand and got away since she sank in deeper. Most unfortunately my current wife was there and I still get teased 20 years later