Author Topic: Playing with the new camera.  (Read 1609 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Playing with the new camera.
« on: November 02, 2014, 10:01:29 PM »
A few weeks ago I posted that I was looking for a new camera.
picked up a Canon EOS 70d, it came packaged with a 1 8 -135mm  lense and I added a 55-250mm for good measure.

Incredible camera. WiFi capable, I can link it to my phone and tablet and not only view pictures on the camera but use them to control the camera.

Pics of the boats are close to a mile away. In the high resolution images I can read the names on the boats.

URL=http://s23.photobucket.com/user/FLHRI-OK/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20141102141657_IMG_0283.jpg.html][/URL]

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Playing with the new camera.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 11:47:30 PM »
Nice!

Now play with the video. It's just as impressive. I've been playing with the 60 fps settings and it makes for some neat effects.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 12:47:52 AM »
I have yet to shoot a single frame of video. I wish I'd done some Saturday while shooting the sailboat race could have had some good "footage".
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 09:51:43 AM »
I have yet to shoot a single frame of video. I wish I'd done some Saturday while shooting the sailboat race could have had some good "footage".

The problem was that you were taking pictures instead of sailing  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 01:12:24 PM »
Incredible camera. WiFi capable, I can link it to my phone and tablet and not only view pictures on the camera but use them to control the camera.

Is that for when you just "accidentally" leave your camera somewhere?   =D

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 07:31:13 PM »
The problem was that you were taking pictures instead of sailing  ;)

For our club races the committee boat is manned by volunteers. Racers take turns on the committee boat and their score for the day is an average of the series. They guy a crew for was taking his turn so a good chance for me to see the how the other side works. I'm thinking about campaigning my boat next year so I'll have to take my turn in the race committee boat.

Samuel Adams

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 01:48:26 PM »
70 D is a nice piece of kit

i just shot an opening image for a major magazine with a canon rebel xsi and my kit lens from my dead 40d

i farking hate not having 2 wheels on my cameras but f8 and be here still works!
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 06:50:33 PM »
I'm real happy with it.
Unfortunately I'm probably going to have to invest in a newer computer to run any imaging software.
Even though I've been playing with digital photography for over a decade I'm still tickled with the fact that hundreds and hundreds of images cost nothing so experimenting with all the different settings is easy.

Samuel Adams

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 10:26:36 PM »
lightroom, bridge and photoshop on a 3 year old mac laptop is quite fine
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 10:39:15 PM »
lightroom, bridge and photoshop on a 3 year old mac laptop is quite fine

No doubt, but my 7 year old net book ain't gonna cut it.  The wife has the full Adobe creative cloud package running on her 2 machines so I'm covered till I get something fresher for myself.
The camera also came with Canon's EOS software which seems pretty good but I haven't played with it too much yet.

Samuel Adams

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2014, 04:58:03 PM »
i just shot an opening image for a major magazine with a canon rebel xsi and my kit lens from my dead 40d

Red Hot Biker Grandmas isn't exactly known for being picky about the quality of the photography   :P