Author Topic: Schwarzenegger has lost his mind...latest goofy bill signed into law.  (Read 1147 times)

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/bill/sen/sb_1551-1600/sb_1578_bill_20060420_amended_sen.html

The gist is that it is now a infraction/misdemeanor(in CA) to leave a dog tethered to an immoveable object for longer than three hours in a 24 hour period.
While I'm sure at least part of this bill was started with good intentions, it's stupid.
Great Odin's Ravens! My beagle(RIP) absolutely would not stay in his yard when we were gone unless we tethered him. He stayed just fine so long as he didn't hear the car leave. Let us start it and go, he would be out in a heartbeat. Through fences and chicken wire and all manner of obstacles. He even tunneled under concrete I poured just for him.
So, if I still lived in CA, I would have to hire a dogsitter in order to care for my dog while I went to work, or risk him being run over or biting someone. Or pay the fine/do the time.
Stupid.
Hi.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Schwarzenegger has lost his mind...latest goofy bill signed into law.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 03:06:30 PM »
The sub author is Koretz a flabby minded idiot, he also does most of the anti gun stuff too.
Koretz is thee definition of a girly man
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 04:15:22 PM »
Politics is all about compromise.  The dog tether thing may well be a stupid law, but it probably wasn't rubber stamped for its own sake but rather as part of some negotiation or deal made to get somehting more important through.  Don't sweat it.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 06:59:16 PM »
So, tether the animal to something it can't move very far.  Like a block of concrete,  that's moveable.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 08:13:55 PM »
Quote from: carebear
So, tether the animal to something it can't move very far.  Like a block of concrete,  that's moveable.
Ball & chain Smiley

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 09:06:32 PM »
What makes you think Schwarzegger had a mind in the first place?
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 06:38:42 AM »
Considering how hard my parents dogs were willing to pull, not to mention sled dogs, I'd be careful about the 'not movable very far' part.  Dogs can also be very, very patient.

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 06:56:02 AM »
Quote from: Firethorn
Considering how hard my parents dogs were willing to pull, not to mention sled dogs, I'd be careful about the 'not movable very far' part.  Dogs can also be very, very patient.
Secure them to a camper or RV then?
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 07:32:31 AM »
He's a politician.  You expect better than this?

LAK

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 12:53:49 AM »
Herr Schwarzenegger hasn't lost his mind - he knows exactly what he is doing. Like all good change agents.

-----------------------------------------------

http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org