Author Topic: Meanwhile, in Texas...  (Read 2103 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Meanwhile, in Texas...
« on: November 05, 2014, 12:05:34 AM »
A German football team by the name of Greg Abbot has made Wendy Davis his dazed and impotent Brazil.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/11/wendy-davis-trounced-by-greg-abbott-in-texas-guv-race-112519.html
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Re: Meanwhile, in Texas...
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 12:26:24 AM »
Fistful, as a Brazilian....  I hate you for reminding me of that match.........   :P
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 12:57:24 AM »

:lol: Not so much.

Don't be hatin!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 09:11:31 AM »
I would have likely died of shock if that race went the other way.
The libs were running nasty attack ads on him day and night.  I didn't think too many Texans would respond to that *expletive deleted*it.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 10:01:29 AM »
The libs were running nasty attack ads on him day and night.  I didn't think too many Texans would respond to that *expletive deleted* it.

Pretty much.  Just disappointed that he won't be going on any morning jog/coyote hunts.  I mean, where are the gun makers going to find inspiration now?

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 10:34:22 AM »
And for the record, Texans elected a disabled man with a Hispanic wife to be the gov.  The Dems choice.....a petite attractive blonde woman.  But we're the ones who don't embrace diversity.... ;/
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Meanwhile, in Texas...
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 10:43:42 AM »
Fistful, as a Brazilian....  I hate you for reminding me of that match.........   :P

You have a Brazilian? Too much information!

Nice to see that it was a 20 point spread. That race was a nasty, nasty one.

Edited for violating the nick naming policy
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 11:01:19 PM »
http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2014/11/06/wendy_davis_lost_big_and_took_texas_democrats_with_her.html

Amanda Marcotte, et al, face the facts. Sort of. She still tries to claim that it's not a total loss.  :rofl:

And I just love this: anti-abortion Tea Party gal has Wendy's old seat.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2014/11/05/konni_burton_the_texas_pro_life_tea_party_activist_who_took_wendy_davis.html

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 09:11:32 AM »
And for the record, Texans elected a disabled man with a Hispanic wife to be the gov.  The Dems choice.....a petite attractive blonde woman.  But we're the ones who don't embrace diversity.... ;/

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/opvfek/minority-retort

I really like how at the end of this clip they still try to play it down. 

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2014, 05:26:08 PM »
A German football team by the name of Greg Abbot has made Wendy Davis his dazed and impotent Brazil.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/11/wendy-davis-trounced-by-greg-abbott-in-texas-guv-race-112519.html

The comments are good for a laugh or ten.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2014, 06:52:50 PM »
I would have likely died of shock if that race went the other way.
The libs were running nasty attack ads on him day and night.  I didn't think too many Texans would respond to that *expletive deleted* it.
The nastiness was all from one side.  Some were saying even Democrats were turned off by it. 

From the beginning it was obvious that she was a light weight that had such a questionable past it was pathetic.  The idea that Democrats were going to turn Texas blue given that and the state of our economy versus the nation was laughable. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2014, 06:54:41 PM »
Saw on Twitchy (Michelle Malkin's site) that one of Ms. Davis campaign staffers went to twitter to release her inner BSC.   While she tried to delete them later, the interwebz is forever.

While for most people that would be a career killer, I predict she'll be hired on in the next go around by a candidate (most likely a D) that agrees with her comment to "kill all the babies".

:facepalm: :facepalm:
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2014, 09:44:03 PM »
... and the state of our economy versus the nation was laughable. 

Think about what our economy could be if much of the rest of the nation weren't hurting from the meltdown and we weren't spending a zillion dollars on solyndra type baloney? Fracking input/output putting new good jobs (biggest since tech in 80's) for us and new shoes for kids on the table (three new 80-100k jobs just at my tiny little plant) in 5 years.

BTW have you caught the Lockheed Martin blurb about compact fusion, and if you have, do you have an opinion about whether the  scenario is anyway plausible or just wishful thinking? I'm not a hard math/science guy so I can't read the baloney from possibility, and we all know the journalists reporting it aren't either.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2014, 10:34:55 PM »
I don't remember the cold fusion thing well.  There weren't many details were their?  I can't claim to be have much special knowledge on that stuff. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2014, 11:45:13 PM »
Not sure how they are bottling sunshine this time, but I am reminded of a ditty...

The cold fusion'll come out tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow
there'll be cold fusion

The cold fusion'll come out tomorrow
So you got to hang on till' tomorrow, atom decay!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow
You're always a decade--or two!--awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 08:58:04 AM »
There is the first crack in the dam of some peer-reviewed reproduced LENR test results.

Lots of heat, 3-4x the Wattage input into the core, there's not much radiation, however, the isotopic balance of the feed metals completely changes.  [tinfoil]

If anyone remembers the XKDC comic showing the bar chart of various energy sources, with fission off the end of the page and folded up in a pile, this wouldn't be that much, but it is several times taller than any of the other bars. Assuming there still isn't some sort of goofy "gotcha" that's throwing everyone astray.
I promise not to duck.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2014, 10:48:24 AM »
There is the first crack in the dam of some peer-reviewed reproduced LENR test results.

Lots of heat, 3-4x the Wattage input into the core, there's not much radiation, however, the isotopic balance of the feed metals completely changes.  [tinfoil]

If anyone remembers the XKDC comic showing the bar chart of various energy sources, with fission off the end of the page and folded up in a pile, this wouldn't be that much, but it is several times taller than any of the other bars. Assuming there still isn't some sort of goofy "gotcha" that's throwing everyone astray.

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought