Author Topic: So, for the first time, I willingly read an article's comments...  (Read 833 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
On Huffington Post:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/04/wisconsin-governor-election-results_n_5781314.html

Sweet, sweet Schadenfreude.

The most hilarious part is they are sure that his win is solely due to the left's chosen boogeymen: The Koch brothers.

As though the unions didn't absolutely pour money into Wisconsin, TWICE now, to defeat Walker.

As sweet as the rest of the results are (and if only Warner had lost here in VA, I'd be ecstatic- Gillespie winning I'd be fine with), this is the one election that really cheers me about the future of the country.

We'll see if it holds up in 2016 when the uninformed voters vote, though.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

brimic

• friends
Re: So, for the first time, I willingly read an article's comments...
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 09:22:50 AM »
 :rofl:
Burke never really had a chance in WI.
She ran and obama campaign- a vague candidate with an unknown past, running on virtually nothing other than being everything to all people.

It also didn't help that new information about her came out a week before the election- she was fired from her family's business (Trek Bicycle), by her own father and brother, for gross incompetence as a manager.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 09:37:10 AM »
:rofl:
Burke never really had a chance in WI.
She ran and obama campaign- a vague candidate with an unknown past, running on virtually nothing other than being everything to all people.

It also didn't help that new information about her came out a week before the election- she was fired from her family's business (Trek Bicycle), by her own father and brother, for gross incompetence as a manager.

That is definitely an oops moment.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 09:52:58 AM »
On Huffington Post:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/04/wisconsin-governor-election-results_n_5781314.html

Sweet, sweet Schadenfreude.

The most hilarious part is they are sure that his win is solely due to the left's chosen boogeymen: The Koch brothers.

As though the unions didn't absolutely pour money into Wisconsin, TWICE now, to defeat Walker.

As sweet as the rest of the results are (and if only Warner had lost here in VA, I'd be ecstatic- Gillespie winning I'd be fine with), this is the one election that really cheers me about the future of the country.

We'll see if it holds up in 2016 when the uninformed voters vote, though.

1. There is more javascript at that link than I have ever see on any web site before.  It is nested several layers.  Had to "Temp allow all" two or three times with noscript.

2. Auto play video with no ability to turn off?

3. Can't get to comments.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 12:10:18 PM »
I stopped trying to read HuffPo articles long ago due to the sea of crap the web page throws at you.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 05:24:38 PM »
Why is the narrative still he won a close election?

He won pretty decisively.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.