Author Topic: Remember the woman who left her kids in the car for 45 minutes for an interview?  (Read 2326 times)

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
She got some donations, and someone managed to get the prosecutor to make a deal with her. No charges if she attended parenting and drug classes, plus she had to put some of the donated money in a college fund for her kids.
http://fox6now.com/2014/11/18/the-money-is-gone-teary-mugshot-drew-114k-in-donations-but-prosecutors-have-taken-back-their-deal/
Money instead went to designer jeans, studio time for her aspiring rapper Baby Daddy...and gods know what else.
Some people...even the civil right's activist who helped her says he's tired of her idiocy.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
“I just hope we haven’t spoiled that goodwill throughout the country because there is going to be someone else that is going to need help,” Maupin said.

.... Meanwhile, some of her supporters say they want their money back....

No need worry, Reverend Maupin.  There are always going to be enough folks out there who are willing to throw money at some sob story, or better yet invent some sob story to cover for somebody's poor choices - and then throw money at it.

I blame the judge for at least the $40K education fund going up in - $diety knows what.  He coulda/shoulda ordered her to put that in a trust fund and imposed a deadline for doing that.  (There are still enough banks around willing to sit on a piddling $40K for 10+ years without charging any fee just so they can loan it out.)

True karma would be a work-release sentence.  Skip the "administrative fees" usually collected and divert amounts equal to that to the YM/WCA childcare program and an educational trust fund.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
on the plus side, at least these people she conned actually did wash their hands of her when she showed her true colors instead of refusing to admit they made a mistake.
I feel bad for her kids, though.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
"He believes that the once-estranged father came back only after Taylor had the donated money."

REALLY? I'm shocked!

They don't say it, but I bet once that money ran out, he was gone again.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

SADShooter

• friend
"He believes that the once-estranged father came back only after Taylor had the donated money."

REALLY? I'm shocked!

They don't say it, but I bet once that money ran out, he was gone again.

Cash cow, indeed.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
She proves a comment my old boss made
" if someone lacks what it takes to get something on their own they likely can't keep it if you give it to them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MechAg94

• friend
" if someone lacks what it takes to get something on their own they likely can't keep it if you give it to them

Exactly.  My question to the people making the donations is "What did they think would happen to the money?".  Of course she would blow it on stuff.  Any money spent on the kids would be coincidental at best. 

Bleeding hearts always want to believe people are poor through bad luck or some evil businessmen not paying them enough.  People that are actually victims of that stuff don't normally stay poor.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

True that.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Yet even with all the evidence that she is a selfish loser, we have this in the comments section:

a poor decision and considered of malignant virtue, however, i dont think anyone would choose this outcome. people make mistakes. its easy to condemn someone, probably just as easy as it is to say “screw it, never had a mk bag…dont need to think about the problems here…”. honestly, whos fault is it anyway? there are several parties responsible in this story for poor decisions that led to this.

Thank you to the "personal responsibility is a right wing plot" segment of society.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net

I'm one of those folks that does donate time, money or material to folks in need. But I've learned that giving cash is never the best option unless it's someone with their life in order that got hit with very bad luck out of the blue. Car accident, fire, medical issue, etc. Otherwise, give stuff that can't be hawked easily. Food is always a good option.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

dogmush

• friend
I'm one of those folks that does donate time, money or material to folks in need. But I've learned that giving cash is never the best option unless it's someone with their life in order that got hit with very bad luck out of the blue. Car accident, fire, medical issue, etc. Otherwise, give stuff that can't be hawked easily. Food is always a good option.

Want to piss off a "Homeless" person at a street corner?  Give them an MRE. 

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.

HDRs have the same shelf life and comparable nutrition, but lower value and generally less desirable, but sometimes more filling food.  (The HDR is intended to be a full day's food. MREs are formulated for an ideal three-a-day plan.)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Filed away for future use.  >:D

I just offered a dreadlocked white guy with a gas can and a "Need gas money" sign a free fillup of his can yesterday (he was at the gas station where I was filling up). He told me it was already full but if I had any money...

In the meantime he was swinging a 3 gallon can around like it was empty (because it was) and smoking a cigarette. Which, hey dude, "can full of gasoline" plus if he can afford cigs he can afford gas (not that there was any way in hell that he owned a car).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Filed away for future use.  >:D

I just offered a dreadlocked white guy with a gas can and a "Need gas money" sign a free fillup of his can yesterday (he was at the gas station where I was filling up). He told me it was already full but if I had any money...

In the meantime he was swinging a 3 gallon can around like it was empty (because it was) and smoking a cigarette. Which, hey dude, "can full of gasoline" plus if he can afford cigs he can afford gas (not that there was any way in hell that he owned a car).

I got followed into a parking lot with the "dent scam" the other day.  Apparently, "GFY with a broken bottle" is not the response they hope for....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Yet even with all the evidence that she is a selfish loser, we have this in the comments section:

Thank you to the "personal responsibility is a right wing plot" segment of society.

mother*expletive deleted*ing enablers. I consider them worse than the "gimme gimme gimme" idiots themselves.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
About 3 weeks apart I got hit up by the same guy pleading for gas money on the streets of Annapolis. Yeah, right... your panhandling skills suck if you're still trying to fuel up your car to get out of town.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

• friends
It was a good corner. Lots of business there

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
I have pretty well given up on charity. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

• friends
Almost

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Charity was never supposed to be throwing money at a poor person in the hope they would buy food instead of gin.  Feeding the hungry meant just that - line them up and drop a dipper of gruel in their bowl (and often make them pay by listening to some sermon/lecture before the gruel is dispensed).  Cloth the poor - line them up and hand them cast-offs and a length of rope to cinch up the waist.  And be sure to give them a hat they can remove when their betters pass by.)

What frosts me is all the schnorrers claiming to be homeless who have their hands out.  They live in motels at anywhere from twice to five times the cost of an apartment/house, and eat all their meals in restaurants.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Quote from: vaskidmark link=topic=46392.msg947248#msg947248
What frosts me is all the schnorrers claiming to be homeless who have their hands out.  They live in motels at anywhere from twice to five times the cost of an apartment/house, and eat all their meals in restaurants.

Ex wife and I stayed in one of those long-term motels for a few weeks waiting for an apartment to be ready. I think we were the only ones there with jobs, as there certainly wasn't a morning or evening rush in the parking lot, but there sure was shortly after the bars closed every night.

Amazing how many people could afford $250 a week for a room there, but not $600 a month for an apartment.

MicroBalrog

• friend
And be sure to give them a hat they can remove when their betters pass by.)

You are joking, yes?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner