Author Topic: Computer Headset Advice Sought  (Read 588 times)

HankB

• friend
Computer Headset Advice Sought
« on: November 25, 2014, 12:21:55 PM »
I'll looking to purchase a computer headset (earphones and microphone) for home use with my PC. I'd like a wired headset with USB interface, and in-line volume control. Surround sound - probably software simulated - would be a plus, and of course it should be reliable and comfortable. I don't care about nonsense like fancy lighting on the headset or a "cool" name based on some video game.

There are a number of brands out there, but few places where I can "try before I buy" more than a few models . . . on-line reviews are all over the place, so I'd like to tap into the collective wisdom of APS to see what other folks here are using.

Budget? Right now I'm looking in the $75 - $125 range, give or take.

Suggestions?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Calumus

• friend
Re: Computer Headset Advice Sought
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 12:27:09 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/Force-Gaming-Headset-Amplified-Stereo-Pc/dp/B005EQE0YM

I've had these for a couple of years now and am very happy with them. Great sound for games, good Mic, and adjustable volume and tone from the cord its self. Plus, the cable is about 18' long so you can use it from across the room if you want.