Author Topic: Eric garner verdict  (Read 15720 times)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
Re: Eric garner verdict
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2014, 12:13:09 AM »
www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-eric-garner-kass-met-1205-20141205-column.html

Someone told the cops where they should focus their energy. "Following orders" may not be a defense but why not focus the energy where the rot begins? At the top.

Let's focus on all of it, bottom and top. If one of those officers had a functioning brain, this could have been avoided. Blaming the "top" is almost as lame of an excuse as "just following orders".  I'm sure the Feds in Nevada "were just following orders", if not for citizens that would have turned out bad. 

http://m.cnn.com/latest/2014/12/04/justice-cleveland-police-use-excessive-force?fullarticle=true

Interesting article. Don't give a damn on Holders actions in it, but this is the problem in a nutshell, with the whole of LE.

This is just a minor incident. It's the militarization of police that's the major problem.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2014, 12:33:47 AM »
Let's focus on all of it, bottom and top. If one of those officers had a functioning brain, this could have been avoided. Blaming the "top" is almost as lame of an excuse as "just following orders".  I'm sure the Feds in Nevada "were just following orders", if not for citizens that would have turned out bad.  

http://m.cnn.com/latest/2014/12/04/justice-cleveland-police-use-excessive-force?fullarticle=true

Interesting article. Don't give a damn on Holders actions in it, but this is the problem in a nutshell, with the whole of LE.

This is just a minor incident. It's the militarization of police that's the major problem.

You can't keep jacking the cops around. (not you individually but society)

Either you address the conditions that foster the chaos you hire them to police or you give them wide berth in dealing with the unreasonable criminal class.

This guy didn't do anything to deserve dying as I can see but have any of you ever wrestled with someone who outweighed you by 80#s?

There is a reason they instituted weight classes into boxing and MMA's.

We make cops deal daily with the mess of the welfare state and then wonder what happened when they act in a jaded or self preservation manor.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2014, 07:50:56 AM »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2014, 09:18:02 AM »
Maybe if a few LEO's would stop enforcing asinine laws and say so...
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2014, 10:38:01 AM »
This guy didn't do anything to deserve dying as I can see but have any of you ever wrestled with someone who outweighed you by 80#s?

Isn't that why they developed Tasers?

Of course, if he had heart problems a Taser jolt might have killed him anyway, but at least the cops might have a valid argument that they tried to use a less-lethal approach. Using a choke hold and then trying to claim it wasn't a choke hold destroys any vestiges of credibility the NYPD might have had left after all their other screw-ups.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2014, 12:53:47 PM »
Was it really necessary to jump this guy and use any hold, choke or otherwise?

Sure, he was agitated and waving his arms around, but how much of a danger is someone who wheezes and can't walk a block? He probably would have tired out, had they given him another couple of minutes.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #106 on: December 06, 2014, 01:13:30 PM »

Sure, he was agitated and waving his arms around, but how much of a danger is someone who wheezes and can't walk a block? He probably would have tired out, had they given him another couple of minutes.
But that would be lack of respect for the authorita!
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #107 on: December 06, 2014, 01:37:08 PM »
Incidentally, elsewhere I came by a post from a guy who used to be a NY cop, specifically dealing with tax violations.

He says this is a $100 ticket,  he has written hundreds of them, and that he can't figure out why they decided to arrest this guy in the first place.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re:
« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2014, 02:01:41 PM »
Cops do not avoid moral or legal responsibility because their leo or political superiors pressure them to do the immoral illegal or unconstitutional.

We hold 18yo privates to account for their actions and explicitly state that they can not shirk  because superiors told them to do something illegal or immoral.  I guess our leos are made of lesser moral fiber than 18yo high school gradutes.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
Re: Re: Re: Eric garner verdict
« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2014, 03:07:02 PM »
Incidentally, elsewhere I came by a post from a guy who used to be a NY cop, specifically dealing with tax violations.

He says this is a $100 ticket,  he has written hundreds of them, and that he can't figure out why they decided to arrest this guy in the first place.
The law changed last year
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

• friends
Re: Re: Re:
« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2014, 03:08:41 PM »
Cops do not avoid moral or legal responsibility because their leo or political superiors pressure them to do the immoral illegal or unconstitutional.

We hold 18yo privates to account for their actions and explicitly state that they can not shirk  because superiors told them to do something illegal or immoral.  I guess our leos are made of lesser moral fiber than 18yo high school gradutes.
The questions about legal responsibilities were answered by the grand jury and just like with my wife because you don't like the answers doesn't make them wrong

• friends
« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2014, 03:13:15 PM »

When they say you're under arrest they mean right now not when you're ready

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2014, 03:17:48 PM »

Their time is valuable.  Your life is not.
"It's good, though..."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2014, 03:25:11 PM »
Their time is valuable.  Your life is not.

Capitulate right now so I can go on my union mandated coffee break, or die, citizen!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2014, 08:34:57 PM »
The questions about legal responsibilities were answered by the grand jury and just like with my wife because you don't like the answers doesn't make them wrong
It also doesn't make them right.

And when they kill you for it, for no good reason, they should still be held accountable.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #115 on: December 06, 2014, 09:23:19 PM »
And when they kill you for it, for no good reason, they should still be held accountable.

I heard from a friend that a gang of cops could rape, kill, and dismember Mother Theresa in front of six different video-taping news crews (each at a different angle) and a Staten Island grand jury would return No True Bill on all the cops.  =| :mad: :mad:
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

• friends
« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2014, 10:07:51 PM »
It also doesn't make them right.

Your croaking on a stretcher after resisting arrest is your own fault. Sad but still your fault. He was breathing lips moved during the 7 min wait for ems

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2014, 04:52:34 PM »
Done right they work real well my 13 year old put me out about 2 weeks ago. We were showing her mom what I taught her and she held it till I went out. I came to they were both laughing. But it was a carotid choke

Be very careful with that carotid choke.  The margin between waking up normally and waking up as a low functioning turnip is very small.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

• friends
« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2014, 07:02:51 PM »
Yea I showed her how to slap/ massage the side of my neck BEFORE I showed her the choke. And explained how easy it was to hold it too long when excited and that daddy has limited space left for burials
That choke has saved my bacon before

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #119 on: December 08, 2014, 10:06:38 AM »
The margin between waking up normally and waking up as a low functioning turnip is very small.

Can a turnip learn proper grammar and punctuation?

• friends
« Reply #120 on: December 08, 2014, 10:16:15 AM »
Pffffft!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #121 on: December 08, 2014, 10:55:57 AM »
Since when are cops required to enforce a law?  Last I heard, cops aren't required to do much of anything.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?