Author Topic: The "deep state" - the permanent ruling class  (Read 3178 times)

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
The "deep state" - the permanent ruling class
« on: December 08, 2014, 10:33:30 PM »
Interesting piece on the unelected permanent ruling class.
http://tucker.liberty.me/2014/11/07/what-about-the-unelected/
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: The "deep state" - the permanent ruling class
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 11:53:13 AM »
One of the reasons I'm a fan of monarchy as a form of government is because it's an acknowledgement of what is already happening. We have nobility in America, they just happen to be bureaucrats.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 09:16:34 AM »
Please. Bureaucrats are inferior to actual nobility in almost every possible way.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 09:28:08 AM »
Please. Bureaucrats are inferior to actual nobility in almost every possible way.

Says the guy that doesn't live in the US.  (much less Illinois...)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 09:29:50 AM »
Says the guy that doesn't live in the US.  (much less Illinois...)

Actual nobility at least had codes of honor, and complicated systems of values to live up to, which limited just how rapacious they could become. It didn't always work, but it had its value.

The rapaciousness, arrogance, and outright sadistic evil of a modern bureaucrat, on the other hand, is unimpeded by such things.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 10:10:51 AM »
And this is why 'Yes, Minister' and 'Yes, Prime Minister" are probably the best political documentaries out there.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 11:41:01 AM »
Actually, part of the reason that elections don't matter anymore is because America is now an Administrative State; no longer a constitutional republic.  Congress has handed over most of its power to the unelected civil service protected bureaucrats who make the rules, enforce them, and ignore or stonewall congress, the courts and the executive.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 11:52:28 AM »
And this is why 'Yes, Minister' and 'Yes, Prime Minister" are probably the best political documentaries out there.

Hmmm...   Will search and watch.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 11:57:33 AM »
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 12:04:11 PM by Viking »
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2014, 12:13:24 PM »
Administrative State = Bureaucratic Tyranny
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2014, 12:49:31 PM »
"a swarm of officers, to harass us and eat out our substance"
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2014, 01:22:53 PM »
Actual nobility at least had codes of honor, and complicated systems of values to live up to, which limited just how rapacious they could become. It didn't always work, but it had its value.

Also, they often gave a crap what they would be passing on to their heir.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2014, 01:48:52 PM »
Bureaucrats are all very well and good to rant about, but let us not forget the real ruling class in America: our corporate masters and the very wealthy.  With money comes political and media power, and once you have political and media power, you have it made.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2014, 01:53:47 PM »
The powerful and rich in the private sector can at least be counted on to neglect and ignore the little people under most circumstances.

The public sector bureaucrats very existence is to actively control the little people.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2014, 02:26:27 PM »
It's no joke that the pro's run dc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2014, 03:30:40 PM »

The rapaciousness, arrogance, and outright sadistic evil of a modern bureaucrat, on the other hand, is unimpeded by such things.

You're making my argument for me here. We have a demi-nobility that essentially functions as noblity but are worse in every way because of it. An actual nobility would not significantly change how things are done, just make them better.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2014, 03:32:08 PM »
Actually, part of the reason that elections don't matter anymore is because America is now an Administrative State; no longer a constitutional republic.  Congress has handed over most of its power to the unelected civil service protected bureaucrats who make the rules, enforce them, and ignore or stonewall congress, the courts and the executive.

Not to mention the people who actually write the laws. Senator *expletive deleted*che may be voted out and Senator Turd may take his place, but they're just figureheads. The staffers and wonks who write the actual laws (which the figureheads don't even pretend to read anymore) have the real power.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2014, 03:33:05 PM »
Bureaucrats are all very well and good to rant about, but let us not forget the real ruling class in America: our corporate masters and the very wealthy.  With money comes political and media power, and once you have political and media power, you have it made.

If the .gov didn't have so much power, the wealthy elite couldn't do all that fence building and rent seeking.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2014, 03:55:32 PM »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

― C.S. Lewis

I can't think of a thing that Bill Gates has done to screw with me* (Yes, Windows.  But to give credit, he created the PC revolution.)  Warren Buffet hasn't passed any laws that limit my rights.   I can't think of any wealthy person that has done me harm (and several have given me jobs), in any way, shape, or form.

Have some spent money on PAC's and Political ads?  Sure.  I don't have to watch them. 

* - Okay.  Common Core.  But that's once he stopped being the head of Microsoft and decided to become a "Philanthropist".  Why can't he just build an Art Gallery or sponsor a Symphony.  Hell, how about endowing a tech college or six.   It worked for the original Robber Barons. 

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2014, 06:03:06 PM »
Scout: corporate bailouts, financial manipulation of markets (too big to fail), reduction or elimination of governmental regulation or oversight of those same markets, favorable rewriting of tax and financial laws and other 'trickle down' economics approaches designed to benefit the wealthy or corporations at the expense of the middle class or the government as a whole.   And the corporations and very wealthy people use the media to convince the useful idiots average citizen how wonderful this all is.  

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2014, 11:58:27 PM »
Scout: corporate bailouts, financial manipulation of markets (too big to fail), reduction or elimination of governmental regulation or oversight of those same markets, favorable rewriting of tax and financial laws and other 'trickle down' economics approaches designed to benefit the wealthy or corporations at the expense of the middle class or the government as a whole.   And the corporations and very wealthy people use the media to convince the useful idiots average citizen how wonderful this all is.  

All done by elected politicians and unelected bureaucrats.  Te problem is too much government and too much money in government. 

Look at Hong Kong before the takeover.  No one gave a *expletive deleted*it who the head guy was, or even who was on the council.  Why? They had no power to do much of anything.  Why?  very low taxes, te .gov didn't have much. PRC comes in and starts flexing it's muscle and now there are demonstrations.  Why?  China wants it cut.

Anywho.  Bailouts- .gov approved.  Too Big to Fail- .gov approved.  Reduction or elimination of regulatory oversight- .gov approved.  Rewriting laws to favor the big guys- .gov approved.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2014, 12:10:03 AM »
The question of "Who truly holds the power" was answered by Mao Tse Tung:
"Power flows from the barrel of a gun."

Tell me again how many of Bill Gates's hirelings can shoot me in the face and then go home safe to his family if I don't buy Office 2010?  How many gov't hirelings can shoot me in the face and then go home safe to his family if I don't follow unconstitutional laws and regulations? 

Gov't has the whip hand.  The rich can only mildly influence it.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2014, 01:53:13 AM »
The question of "Who truly holds the power" was answered by Mao Tse Tung:
"Power flows from the barrel of a gun."

Tell me again how many of Bill Gates's hirelings can shoot me in the face and then go home safe to his family if I don't buy Office 2010?  How many gov't hirelings can shoot me in the face and then go home safe to his family if I don't follow unconstitutional laws and regulations? 

Gov't has the whip hand.  The rich can only mildly influence it.

Agree with all but the last. Government is bought and sold routinely. Shovels 100's of millions in fed.gov contracts to Co X and get tens of millions in "salary" for being a "board member" and giving "motivational speeches" etc. Congresscritters exist as figureheads, but they exist to exploit the system for money and power. And the money flows from the private sector.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2014, 04:56:27 AM »
You're making my argument for me here. We have a demi-nobility that essentially functions as noblity but are worse in every way because of it. An actual nobility would not significantly change how things are done, just make them better.

That's exactly what I was trying to say.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2014, 12:25:44 PM »
That's exactly what I was trying to say.

Hmmm, for some reason I thought you had quoted me and said that as a rebuttal to my point, but looking back I see that you were replying to Scout. My mistake, carry on.  =)