Author Topic: What may be the greatest single dog training tool ever  (Read 829 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
What may be the greatest single dog training tool ever
« on: December 09, 2014, 11:00:04 PM »
http://www.gundogsupply.com/wonleadbydel.html

Great for teaching heel.  Looks stupid and you are thinking "$25 for some fricking rope and leather washers???"  You are wondering how this is different that a choke chain or pinch collar?  Don't know, but Maddie was struggling with heel - a lot.  Even on a pinch collar she was relentless about pulling and sounding like she was strangeling.  With the wonder lead she was on a perfect heel on a walk tonight.  You just put it on and hold it loose, then to correct do 2 quick jerks.  It is much more responsive than anything else I've used.

My wonder lead is in shipping right now, I'm borrowing a buddies.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: What may be the greatest single dog training tool ever
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 12:15:06 AM »
Positioning high on the head is a big part of "the trick".  I would not have though to put the loop in front of one ear (as necessary depending on which way the dog is pulling/resisting).  The stiffness seems to be a reinforcer that it is there and the dog can avoid the correction by keeping the loop straight up and high on the head.

Sometimes the really good ideas do look either dumb or unexplainable.  But they work.

Be sure to tell Maddie she done good.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 09:10:32 AM »
Looks interesting, but that is exactly the kind of video about a product I hate.   Guy just stands there and fiddles with the rope for a couple of minutes.  Fine.  But show me how it works.  Put it on a dog and demonstrate it dammit.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 09:34:44 AM »
Yeah, I didn't even look at the video.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 07:42:26 PM »
Looks interesting, but that is exactly the kind of video about a product I hate.   Guy just stands there and fiddles with the rope for a couple of minutes.  Fine.  But show me how it works.  Put it on a dog and demonstrate it dammit.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

What!?

And see how it actually works?

No kidding.

Sent from my iPhone
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen