Author Topic: Why American women are leaving the work force  (Read 1253 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

dogmush

• friend
Re: Why American women are leaving the work force
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 01:10:40 PM »
It's propaganda. Manadatory, paid maternity leave (like 6-9 mos) is a new hobby horse of the left.  My annoying SIL is always posting on Facebook about it.

"We need to be more like Europe, I never see my girls,  I had to borrow leave.  Wahhhh" 

They want something,  and someone else should pay for it.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 01:13:33 PM »
It's propaganda. Manadatory, paid maternity leave (like 6-9 mos) is a new hobby horse of the left.  My annoying SIL is always posting on Facebook about it.

"We need to be more like Europe, I never see my girls,  I had to borrow leave.  Wahhhh" 

They want something,  and someone else should pay for it.

This...when somebody utters the words "We need to be more like Europe" I want to bitchslap them. If they like *expletive deleted*ing Europe so much, then go  over there and never come back.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Neemi

• friend
Re:
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 01:36:30 PM »
Some reform would be good with maternity leave. Sure, there's FMLA, but that only applies if you work full time. If you work part time, you're lucky to be offered six weeks of unpaid leave.

I don't want to go back to work in a germy hospital with a six week old at home... Thankfully I've had good managers who let me take off more time (up to the 12 weeks like FMLA) but it's still stressful - having to hope that they didn't change their minds while I'm gone and hire someone else.

Would I like more paid maternity leave? Sure, but not at someone else's expense.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 08:11:33 PM »
While I'm not unsympathetic, generally speaking childbirth isn't usually a surprise. We always had pretty much at least 8 months heads up about the impending event.
A little pre-planning can go a long way.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 11:33:42 PM »
There seems to be a lot of confusion about jobs these days.

Folks think jobs come from government policies and exist so we have something to do and can have money.

It's inside out upside down backwards world out there.

The fact that business has a need and that they want to fill that position with the best person they can find for the least amount of money is abhorrent to our cultural Marxist friends.

The growing opinion is that jobs are something we are entitled to and it better not be one that is below ones station or demeaning!
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 12:41:01 AM »
There seems to be a lot of confusion about jobs these days.

Folks think jobs come from government policies and exist so we have something to do and can have money.

It's inside out upside down backwards world out there.

The fact that business has a need and that they want to fill that position with the best person they can find for the least amount of money is abhorrent to our cultural Marxist friends.

The growing opinion is that jobs are something we are entitled to and it better not be one that is below ones station or demeaning!
IIRC, that's one of the official policies of atleast one political party over here. Right to a job.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 12:52:23 AM »
We have right to work states but it's not the same is it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2014, 01:00:54 AM »
We have right to work states but it's not the same is it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No. Right to get a job, labor demands be damned.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2014, 01:37:05 AM »
You also need to differentiate between just being employed and actually being productive in the job.  I kind of wonder if some people leave out that 2nd part. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2014, 02:36:02 AM »
You want to see un-employed women then go ahead and institute mandatory paid maternity leave. Legal or not HR people will find ways to hire people who will not be partaking. I'm a protected class of employee as a military reservist. I gots my ratz under USERRA. I take pains not to abuse my employer and try to consider their scheduling needs. The military may be sending me a pension but right now they pay 10% of my bills. I'm the first reservist to work for this company too and don't want to poison the well for any future hires.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.