Author Topic: Actions have consequences - Google News leaving Spain, newspapers are butthurt  (Read 1208 times)

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Hawkmoon

• friend
Indeed, actions have consequences. In this instance, the result of the publishers' actions turned out not to be what they had contemplated. Instead of creating a guaranteed revenue stream for themselves, they succeeded in driving Google News out of the country.

"Be careful what you wish for. You may get it."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Well, good for Google. Refusing to be bled dry. I wonder what if any legal authority Spain has to force a company to become a host to the parasites?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Well, good for Google. Refusing to be bled dry. I wonder what if any legal authority Spain has to force a company to become a host to the parasites?

Maybe instead of leaving Gogle could just block itself in Spain/EU? >:D

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
Maybe instead of leaving Gogle could just block itself in Spain/EU? >:D

stay safe.

It's delisting Spanish news sites and probably blocking/shutting off the news digest for even outside news in country.  That way there can be no argument that google is still using the results.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Google is obviously exploiting a loophole in the law by complying with it in a way the sponsors failed to foresee.

FIE ON YOU, GOOGLE! How DARE you comply with our stupid new law? We didn't want compliance, we wanted MONEY!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
I love it when people get what they ask for, good and hard
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog