Author Topic: Citizen's arrest! Citizen's arrest!  (Read 1202 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Citizen's arrest! Citizen's arrest!
« on: December 16, 2014, 07:35:20 AM »
http://themellowjihadi.com/2014/12/15/armed-citizens-arrest-alabama-style/

Alabamawegians catch up with family that two days earlier ripped off Christmas.

Sadly, no video. :'(

But there are pictures. =D

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Citizen's arrest! Citizen's arrest!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 09:10:51 AM »
Good for them.  The article said the vehicle was full of stolen goods.  Were they theirs or did they rob another house? 

I wonder what the laws are there and how long they will actually be locked up.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 10:11:23 AM »
That was a risky move on the part of the good guys.  Glad it worked out.  I wonder if there will be any blowback about "vigilantism" from TPTB down that way?

The linked article mentioned the bad guys had just burgled another home.  The goods in their truck were from that burglary.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 10:33:52 AM »
Am I the only one noticing that the lady is  keeping to partial concealment/moderate cover (looks like the suspension and wheel would be in the path of low return fire, which would probably stop handgun rounds) and using a good rest while both of the guys in the pic have stepped out into the wide open for the confrontation?

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 10:48:08 AM »
Am I the only one noticing that the lady is  keeping to partial concealment/moderate cover (looks like the suspension and wheel would be in the path of low return fire, which would probably stop handgun rounds) and using a good rest while both of the guys in the pic have stepped out into the wide open for the confrontation?

The one on the right is very likely behind the front clip of the truck, judging by his angle. 

I picked up on it right off, too.  The lady using the truck for cover makes his standing in the open seem more obvious in my book. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 12:14:11 PM »
Even regular ol' citizens can pick up the trash.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 03:37:18 PM »
I noticed both the use of cover, and the pink Taurus.

Awesome story.