Author Topic: The Days We Drink  (Read 740 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
The Days We Drink
« on: December 18, 2014, 11:09:40 PM »
Interesting report from BACtrack, the makers of personal breathalyzers that connect to your smartphone. They produced a report based on anonymous user data. I was surprised at some of the top drinking days, which don't correlate to any big holidays, while other holidays were missing entirely. I wonder how much the demographic that uses the devices, versus the population in general, affects the days?

http://www.bactrack.com/pages/bactrack-consumption-report-winter-2014
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Chuck Dye

• friend
Re: The Days We Drink
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 01:11:58 AM »
Statistics drawn from self selected samples have little value beyond entertainment and, perhaps, advertising.  Yawn...
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 02:12:50 AM »
The days that end in Y ...
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 06:45:14 AM »
Actually the Thanksgiving through the first of the year seems about right with people being depressed and all.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!