Author Topic: How do you tell college football bowl games from pro wrestling?  (Read 1334 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
How do you tell college football bowl games from pro wrestling?
« on: December 23, 2014, 10:49:19 AM »
In college football bowl games the injuries are real.

http://nypost.com/2014/12/22/college-bowl-turns-to-bloody-melee-with-end-game-brawl/  (Possibly NSFW - graphic images)

And started by the winners, no less, if I understand the story and have the team names straight.

I do enjoy reading that there has been "no word yet" on disciplinary measures by either team.  What are they gonna do - suspend a player for the rest of the season?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

brimic

• friends
Re: How do you tell college football bowl games from pro wrestling?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 11:26:07 AM »
I thought universities were about educations not as a free farm system for the NFL.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 12:22:29 PM »
I can't get the video to play where I am at.  I figure the teams are still trying to figure out how it started.  It was just yesterday.  Even if they had already issue punishment, they haven't issued any official info yet. 

College Football is about money and name recognition for the school.  I doubt the football players are any better or worse than the students though. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 05:59:03 PM »
I can't get the video to play where I am at. 

My dear boy, at Haaahvaard we never end a sentence with a preposition.
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
7-11 was a part time job.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 08:45:30 PM »
Okay, at A&M I just studied engineering and wrestling.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 08:57:41 PM »
I happened to record that game and watched the end this evening.  The Memphis player intercepted the ball to win the game.  There were players dog piling that player to celebrate then suddenly there was a brawl going.  They showed some footage afterward where two players were fighting/wrestling right after the last play and a second Memphis player hit the BYU player from behind.  Then it turned into a brawl as a bunch of players got involved.  Later it looked like a Memphis player started it, but hard to say if that was the first hit or not. 

I figure someone bumped into someone else and it escalated from there.  Might have been some taunting also.  Probably was taunting. 

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 08:57:54 PM »
Okay, at A&M I just studied engineering and wrestling.   =D

It was the straight guy line from an old joke about the first athlete at Harvard -

Hey, where's the library at?
My dear boy, at Harvard we never end our sentences in a preposition.
Where's the library at, muther#u@#er?

My  humor is heavy on "no guts no glory" - while many think I crash and burn, I giggle to myself a lot.
=D
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 09:23:53 PM by Tuco »
7-11 was a part time job.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 09:16:39 PM »
When did Yahoo get a football team?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 09:33:33 PM »
I thought universities were about educations not as a free farm system for the NFL.

Universities have been nothing but life support systems for sports for a long time.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 09:43:37 PM »
College and pro football teams are nothing but havens and big money for thugs. Same goes for basketball.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 09:47:26 PM »
I do enjoy reading that there has been "no word yet" on disciplinary measures by either team.  What are they gonna do - suspend a player for the rest of the season?

Only as a start.  Still, consider this like a crime(well, it could be prosecuted as such).  They'll gather the evidence, interview everybody, review it all, and come to a decision.

The University will probably be the quickest, punishing some players, but for something this serious the university itself will end up being punished, for example, by losing this win, being disallowed any further games this season, and maybe even something like 'no sports scholarships for the next 4 years'.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2014, 12:35:06 AM »
Speaking of Harvard.....It seems a Harvard was peeing in the men's room when a Yale came and did the same.  The Harvard finished and began washing his hands.  The Yale zipped up and started to walk out when the Harvard, with a condescending tone, said "At Harvard they taught us wash our hands after urinating."  The Yale, as he continued out the door said, "At Yale they taught us not to urinate on our hands."
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw