Author Topic: Sen. Boxer (D-CA) to leave senate at end of term  (Read 3103 times)

HankB

• friend
Sen. Boxer (D-CA) to leave senate at end of term
« on: January 08, 2015, 06:25:04 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/01/08/california-democratic-sen-barbara-boxer-to-retire/

The good news: Rabidly anti-gun, anti-business, anti-American senator Barbara Boxer will leave the Senate. Goodbye and good riddance. (Call her "Ma'am" in the future.)   =D

The bad news: It's California, and they'll almost certainly elect another lunatic.   =(
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: Sen. Boxer (D-CA) to leave senate at end of term
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 07:28:49 PM »
(Call her "Ma'am" in the future.)   grin

"Ma'am"'s too high class.   Just yell at her when her trigger discipline slips.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 07:39:25 PM »
Good riddance................ =D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 07:43:40 PM »
But there were three of em at the kettle in Shakespeare

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 08:41:07 PM »
The bad news: It's California, and they'll almost certainly elect another lunatic.

Almost? or absolutely?

But there were three of em at the kettle in Shakespeare

You mean Feinstein and Pelosi?

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 08:48:12 PM »
Yea they will be one short now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 10:25:39 PM »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re:
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 09:13:39 AM »
Sadly their probably elect someone with equally shifty views, youthful vigor, and a modern whiney collage disposition.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re:
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 01:21:15 PM »
Sadly their probably elect someone with equally shifty views, youthful vigor, and a modern whiney collage disposition.

Yes, but a suitably Leftist demagogue, that while they'll back all the usual ideological anti-RKBA positions, it's not actually a personal priority for them would still be an improvement. Even if only in the sense of "less bad".
I promise not to duck.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 01:23:58 PM »
Maybe at least her replacement will be better looking.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2015, 01:27:55 PM »
I found myself walking around the office humming "Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead." At first I was confused as I haven't seen the Wizard of Oz in months.

And then I remembered this was the last thread I had read on my break before getting back to work.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2015, 01:38:46 PM »
I actually have mixed feelings about her retirement.

Boxer's politics are certainly far left, but she's also a dimwit and was largely ineffective at pushing her agenda in the Senate.  Her replacement might be equally leftist but clever enough to get what (s)he wants.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2015, 02:06:57 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/01/08/california-democratic-sen-barbara-boxer-to-retire/

The good news: Rabidly anti-gun, anti-business, anti-American senator Barbara Boxer will leave the Senate. Goodbye and good riddance. (Call her "Ma'am" in the future.)   =D

The bad news: It's California, and they'll almost certainly elect another lunatic.   =(

Good riddance.
Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.  (Because I'd hate to have to replace that door. )
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2015, 05:30:17 PM »
"Ma'am"'s too high class.   Just yell at her when her trigger discipline slips.

She thought Ma'am was too low class.  At a Senate hearing a couple of years ago a U.S. Navy admiral addressed her as "Ma'am," and she digressed from the hearing to instruct him to call her "Senator."

Yes, Ma'am, Senator Ma'am.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2015, 05:33:12 PM »
Maybe at least her replacement will be better looking.

Babs was actually rather a looker when she was younger. She has aged a lot more gracefully than Diane Feinstein.

Babs:
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2015, 07:59:05 PM »
I actually have mixed feelings about her retirement.

Boxer's politics are certainly far left, but she's also a dimwit and was largely ineffective at pushing her agenda in the Senate.  Her replacement might be equally leftist but clever enough to get what (s)he wants.

My impression of Californian politicians is admittedly biased, I don't think many of them reach the level of "clever".  They ruined the state through sheer volume.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2015, 08:03:26 AM »
Babs was actually rather a looker when she was younger. She has aged a lot more gracefully than Diane Feinstein.

It shouldn't matter at all.  I'm not sure why any criticism of leftist female politicians has to include comments about their looks when no such comments are made about conservative women or men from either party.  It's as if people on this board just can't resist taking the extra jab at someone they hate.

Chris

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2015, 02:19:39 PM »
Can you imagine how much power and influence they would have if all the beautiful, rich and famous were nearly monolithic in their politics!  :P

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2015, 03:11:36 PM »

I actually have hope the next person, while likely liberal, may not be as bad. There may even be hope of a "California conservative" getting in. During these last elections, if you dig into the data, CA became a much lighter blue in many areas on the county level. Even in my own very liberal county, the congressional rep only beat the Republican contender by ~5000 votes*. That's VERY close for this district. A county "fracking ban" initiative was also hammered by a 2/3 "No" vote.

That kind of scenario was the case in many other districts as well. It's as much seeing some of the fence sitters and conservatives getting more active as it is with liberals getting tired of their favored politicians, much like so many conservatives are now disgusted by the possibility of another Bush running for President.

So we'll see. I'm not getting my hopes up, but there's a chance for something at least a little better.

*Totally tangential, but the 5000 votes she won by are almost exactly the amount of students her team claimed to have registered at the local university.  I've never been a big fan of university students voting in the elections of the districts where they're going to school, then like carpetbaggers, not sticking around to see the damage they've caused or to live with the consequences. Unless they're really residents, they need to absentee vote in their home districts. I don't mind legitimate voters voting the exact opposite of how I would vote, but University student voters are just too often like locusts, especially on local issues.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2015, 06:24:00 PM »
I actually have hope the next person, while likely liberal, may not be as bad. There may even be hope of a "California conservative" getting in. During these last elections, if you dig into the data, CA became a much lighter blue in many areas on the county level. Even in my own very liberal county, the congressional rep only beat the Republican contender by ~5000 votes*. That's VERY close for this district. A county "fracking ban" initiative was also hammered by a 2/3 "No" vote.

That kind of scenario was the case in many other districts as well. It's as much seeing some of the fence sitters and conservatives getting more active as it is with liberals getting tired of their favored politicians, much like so many conservatives are now disgusted by the possibility of another Bush running for President.

So we'll see. I'm not getting my hopes up, but there's a chance for something at least a little better.

*Totally tangential, but the 5000 votes she won by are almost exactly the amount of students her team claimed to have registered at the local university.  I've never been a big fan of university students voting in the elections of the districts where they're going to school, then like carpetbaggers, not sticking around to see the damage they've caused or to live with the consequences. Unless they're really residents, they need to absentee vote in their home districts. I don't mind legitimate voters voting the exact opposite of how I would vote, but University student voters are just too often like locusts, especially on local issues.

Often students vote both places, especially if they are heavily indoctrinated D's.    Didn't James O'Keefe film severeal Organizing for America workers encouraging students to commit voter fraud?

Ahhh, yes, here it is: http://www.peoplespunditdaily.com/commentary/2014/04/03/audit-exposing-massive-nc-voter-fraud-found-dems-election-strategy-exception/
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2015, 02:45:43 PM »
Jimminey Christmas. I think I already need to take back what I said:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/01/13/california-attorney-general-reportedly-will-run-to-replace-boxer-in-2016/?intcmp=latestnews

At least my worries about someone clever getting elected are moot.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2015, 03:33:53 PM »
It shouldn't matter at all.  I'm not sure why any criticism of leftist female politicians has to include comments about their looks when no such comments are made about conservative women or men from either party.

You've forgotten all the monkey caricatures of W?

There have certainly been plenty of other ad hominem (ad feminam?) attacks against the looks of Sarah Palin and many other Republicans over the last few years as well.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2015, 03:41:29 PM »
There have certainly been plenty of other ad hominem (ad feminam?) attacks against the looks of Sarah Palin and many other Republicans over the last few years as well.

Yes there have, but we don't need to stoop to their level.