Author Topic: IRS Chief Predicts Poor Service  (Read 915 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
IRS Chief Predicts Poor Service
« on: January 14, 2015, 10:23:47 AM »
I can't figure out if this is satire or not. Especially the quote by the union rep:

"IRS employees are doing their best to handle the rising demand for their services, but they will simply not be able to keep up," said Colleen M. Kelley, president of the National Treasury Employees Union.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/01/14/irs-chief-warns-refund-delays-poor-customer-service-this-tax-year/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: IRS Chief Predicts Poor Service
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 10:31:50 AM »
This is a good thing.

Less chance of audit.

Internally, they're busy as hell.

I'm going for every questionable write off i can think of.

"Well, military budget cuts have reduced range time. Ergo, all my training and ammo costs this year are a work expense based on my need to maintain proficiency at my 11b MOS"
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 10:40:47 AM »
This is a good thing.

Less chance of audit.

Internally, they're busy as hell.

I'm going for every questionable write off i can think of.

"Well, military budget cuts have reduced range time. Ergo, all my training and ammo costs this year are a work expense based on my need to maintain proficiency at my 11b MOS"
You need to rrad between the lines more carefully , there was no mention of reduction. In audits, just delays in refunds. Since a lot of their filing is automated, they ate just plying for a growth spurt, not more momey so they can help us, the taxpayers.
I'm going to have to pay in this year, I don't think thet are going to accept an excuse for a late payment because I feel underpaid and too busy.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 12:46:34 PM »
Audits will be reduced this coming year. The criteria for deciding who gets audited will now be determined by whether you live in a county that voted Red or Blue... [tinfoil]
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 01:14:33 PM »
Audits will be reduced this coming year. The criteria for deciding who gets audited will now be determined by whether you live in a county that voted Red or Blue... [tinfoil]

Probably closer to the truth than you think....

Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 01:19:41 PM »
Yeah, I have to agree with the Brimic angle. THeir management is using the same kind of language as Democrats do with leach voters. Instead of "vote for us if you want more EBT money" it's, "If you don't vote for people that will increase our budget, you won't see your refund (for a while)". It's all about getting taxpayers worked up about not getting their dough.

Not that I wouldn't expect some audits to not happen because employees are thinking "Screw it! I'm overworked and I'm letting stuff slide." But there could also be disgruntled employees looking to piss people off.

Just another reason for finding a workable flat tax.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 01:45:48 PM »
Yeah, I have to agree with the Brimic angle. THeir management is using the same kind of language as Democrats do with leach voters. Instead of "vote for us if you want more EBT money" it's, "If you don't vote for people that will increase our budget, you won't see your refund (for a while)". It's all about getting taxpayers worked up about not getting their dough.

I'm a bit more cynical than most. I lost a really good job once because the FDA pulled similar shenanigans when they wanted more money than congress budgeted for them.
"we're sorry, we are so understaffed and overworked that we probably won't get a chance to review your Drug Master File for another year."
Our company had millons tied up in inventory waiting to ship as soon as the Drug Master File was approved- with first on the market exclusivity for a generic product.

I've seen it at the DMV before as well when the State DOT funding was raided by a former democratic governor- There were 50+ people in line, and 4 clerks, at any given time, 2 of those clerks were on a coffee break during the 2 hours I was in there. They also had a sign posted on the front door stating that wait times are very long due to 'budget cuts.'

Barack Obama