Author Topic: Ben Carson speech  (Read 1389 times)

JN01

• friend
Ben Carson speech
« on: February 26, 2015, 05:37:38 PM »
Interesting campaign speech by Carson at the CPAC convention.

DR. BEN CARSON: What am I ready for? I’m ready for a country that puts our Constitution on the top shelf – every part of it. For those who have any doubt, that includes the second Amendment. I’m for a country where we take the restraints off the most dynamic economy the world has ever known. Let that economic engine work for us. I’m for a country where we develop our natural resources. We have been blessed with them, let’s not make that a curse, it’s a wonderful thing. It doesn’t mean we can’t also look for alternatives and take care of the environment. It’s not one or the other. That’s why God gave us these fancy brains – so we can do more than one thing at one time! I’m ready for leadership on the world stage – not just sitting around and waiting to see what other people do.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/02/26/carson_at_cpac_i_am_ready_for_leadership_on_the_world_stage.html

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Re: Ben Carson speech
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 06:19:54 PM »
I'm glad he corrected his position on the 2A. I suspect it is even genuine...

That said, even if he was ideologically as pure as the wind driven snow, he still would not be an acceptable candidate for president.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 06:27:55 PM »

That said, even if he was ideologically as pure as the wind driven snow, he still would not be an acceptable candidate for president.
He could be caught on film eating a baby fir breakfast and he'd still be infinitely better than the turd who currently resides in the White House, or any democratic candidate out there.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 07:02:26 PM »
He could be caught on film eating a baby fir breakfast and he'd still be infinitely better than the turd who currently resides in the White House, or any democratic candidate out there.

I don't technically disagree with you but there is a pretty long list of Republican governors who could and should run before Carson would be considered for nomination.

We already went around this merry go round with Herman Cain. Herman sounded great but he didn't have the backing and didn't have the experience. And when the time came to shine, he failed hard, and it was nobody's fault but his own.

Nothing about Ben Carson suggests to me that he is ready for the highest office in the land.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 07:17:30 PM »

I don't technically disagree with you but there is a pretty long list of Republican governors who could and should run before Carson would be considered for nomination.

Not acceptable due to his lack of political experience?  Every election the usual slate of experienced candidates has given us the same old status quo crap, though thrusting someone like Carson into the political arena might be a bit like throwing a kitten into a wood chipper.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 08:50:19 PM »
Dana Loesch blasted his lack of 2A cred today. Where is he on that issue?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 08:53:22 PM »
A black Republican candidate needs to be a mean mother *expletive deleted*er and the GOP has to back them up. The Democrats will do anything to destroy a black Repulican candidate, and playing "Mr Nice Guy" and "taking the high road" and not defending against those attacks does not work if victory is desired.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 09:32:55 PM »
Yes, there are probably 3-4 "better" candidates the Dr. Carson, however he'd be in my top 5 that I've vote for.  (None of whom are named Bush or Christie)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 02:29:44 AM »
Not acceptable due to his lack of political experience?  Every election the usual slate of experienced candidates has given us the same old status quo crap, though thrusting someone like Carson into the political arena might be a bit like throwing a kitten into a wood chipper.

Convince me that Carson is going to perform under pressure, and well. Then I might be interested. Right now he's a talking head who made a nice speech a year ago...and that's it. No comprehensive policy dossier. No hard interviews. Nothing. He's just a dude talking, who lets people think he might run for president. And that's OK. But that doesn't make him a good candidate.

For the record, I liked Herman Cain. Until he started significantly underperforming. Same with Perry.

Yes I want someone I agree with, but damnit I want someone with killer instinct.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 09:57:43 AM »
Convince me that Carson is going to perform under pressure, and well. Then I might be interested. Right now he's a talking head who made a nice speech a year ago...and that's it. No comprehensive policy dossier. No hard interviews. Nothing. He's just a dude talking, who lets people think he might run for president. And that's OK. But that doesn't make him a good candidate.

For the record, I liked Herman Cain. Until he started significantly underperforming. Same with Perry.

Yes I want someone I agree with, but damnit I want someone with killer instinct.
You think somewhere there may be a neurosurgeon that can't perform under pressure?  It's what they do.  All that being said, his previously reported stance on gun control makes me suspicious.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 10:14:58 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/18/us/rowe-responds-to-howard-dean/

Mike Rowe takes on presidential qualifications question. Worth the time to read.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 10:30:13 AM »

Carson is VP material or cabinet secretary material at best.  For POTUS I want someone with executive experience.  I am talking business or governor or mayor.

Yep, Perry underperformed last time.  Back surgery and strong pain meds will do that.  "Oops."  Not a wise course of action, though he still would have done better than Romney vs BHO.  Perry has some serious flaws, but he has a track record of beating Democrats like mike-foxtrotting bongo drums.  Walker does, too.  Either would be be much better than Jeb Bush, who is even _more_ a weepy-eyed sentimentalist than GWB.  Jeb is a fanatic in favor of replacing America's people with another, given his many, many past statements.

We will see if either Perry or Walker has a come-to-Jesus moment on the issue of replacing American with third-world unassimilable peasants hostile to the nation.  Both have past statements and actions that make such a conversion necessary.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 11:36:41 AM »
He could be an excellent cabinet appointment.
Not pres and as a vp he would have a "token" quality

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2015, 11:55:56 AM »
He could be an excellent cabinet appointment.
Not pres and as a vp he would have a "token" quality

Surgeon General seems appropriate.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2015, 01:10:06 PM »
Killer instinct?  Ted. Cruz.  Period.  Conservative chops, tea party roots, doesn't have a history of stepping on his dong when he opens his mouth, and isn't afraid of blood in the water.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2015, 01:56:50 PM »
Surgeon General seems appropriate.

Oh no you wanna be practical and use common sense? Get thee behind me satan

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

JN01

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2015, 03:50:51 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/18/us/rowe-responds-to-howard-dean/

Mike Rowe takes on presidential qualifications question. Worth the time to read.

OK, how about Mike Rowe for President- his vast experience shoveling every variety of poop known to mankind would be useful in Washington.  =)

JN01

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2015, 04:12:02 PM »
I believe Carson's view of the 2nd Amendment has evolved.  It may be one of those issues that he perhaps never gave that much thought to before he considered stepping into politics.  He appeared on Glen Beck a couple years ago and said something to the effect that people have a right to own weapons, but restricting possession of "assault weapons" in urban areas might be a good idea, however that it would be a local rather than a federal issue.  He has since made comments in support of RKBA but nothing specific on black guns.

He also has been regularly writing columns for the Washington Times on a variety of issues.

Would he be a successful candidate or a good President?  I don't know.  He is intelligent, has morals, integrity, and a lot of good ideas about getting back to the fundamental basics which America was founded on.  If nothing else, a Carson candidacy might help to highlight how far off some of the establishment RINO candidates are.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2015, 05:00:38 PM »

While he may not have that direct "executive" experience, what's even more important is who he would surround himself with while in office. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.