Author Topic: Sandbox bound liberal  (Read 1694 times)

mak

Sandbox bound liberal
« on: October 25, 2006, 10:50:22 PM »
It's been fun talking to you guys over the last few days but I have to concentrate on packing my stuff and saying good bye to my family. I am going over there to take part in the valiant struggle against Islamic terrorism. I will check back in when I get settled and get access. There are plenty of democrats fighting this war by the way. Might want to consider that next time you jump all over the next guy posting his liberal viewpoint. So that is what this thread is about; what are all you conservatives going to do about these democrat veterans coming back and running for office? Going to piss on them because they are progressive like the fat drug addict commands- or are you going to listen to what they are actually saying? Good luck.

Iain

• friend
Re: Sandbox bound liberal
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 11:50:21 PM »
Good luck over there. Let us know what you find.

I do think you've mistaken some of us though.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 02:33:58 AM »
Well, if they come back and try to take my guns away I won't be very happy with them. Other than that I'll listen to what they have to say.

Good luck and be careful over there. I'd also be interested in hearing your viewpoints of what's REALLY happening there when you can post them.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 02:48:05 AM »
Bon voyage!

Ron

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 03:13:12 AM »
Stay safe and send us some pics!!

I do think you've mistaken some of us though.

He was blasting away at all of us in that other thread and never even let his natural allies jump in to help. You tried Ian, I think he takes a little harder line than you though.

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 03:46:34 AM »
Post an APO & we'll send you some goodies now and then - I may disagree with you, but I still like you!

Stay safe, keep your head down, and your MIND OPEN!

Your vast  right-wing conspirator capitalist stooge laying wast to Mother Nature:
Rich Young
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

Chris

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 04:07:46 AM »
Keep your head down, beware of anything that might even remotely be an IED, keep your weapon loaded and clean.  As for the politics, you might be surprised by how varied the opinions are around here on all topics save one.  Right to Keep and Bear Arms.  Other than that, all opinions are respected, if not agreed with.

Be safe.  Take care of you.

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 04:10:47 AM »
...I'm laying 5-2 that he comes back thinking Rush isn't hard enough on the left.... grin
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 05:25:47 AM »
mak, are you civilian or military?  What's your unit or branch? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

grampster

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 05:36:55 AM »
I agree wholeheartedly with fistful.  To that I would add that the only thing progressive about statists and leftist is the progress they attempt to make in taking away our freedom in the guise of nannystatism.  May they continue to expose themselves as they are.

Having said that, mak, I thank you for your courage to serve the rest of us in the military.  Your training is good.  Rely on it.
Watch your six and stay safe.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 05:41:15 AM »
Did he say he was in the military?  Perhaps he's a contractor.   undecided

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 06:20:22 AM »
Good luck over there and thank you for your service to the evil conservative regime of Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld.

Let us all know if you find any place over there to get a good latte'.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 06:32:19 AM »
Good luck, Mak.
Did he say he was in the military?  Perhaps he's a contractor.   undecided
Not possible, fistful.  Contractors are evil, money-hungry, capitalist fatcats.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 07:23:35 AM »
. . .  what are all you conservatives going to do about these democrat veterans coming back and running for office?
Well, the odds are both of them will probably be running in some other district . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2006, 07:29:54 AM »
Hank, that was beautiful.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 07:46:12 AM »
Good luck Mak -stay safe! 

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 09:53:17 AM »
Good luck, and say hi to haji for me. If you're Army, remember that you don't have to salute a 3rd class petty officer  grin

I'll vote for somebody who's policies I agree with, not because they happen to be a fellow vet.

I've served with great guys, with sh*tbirds, and with good guys that I just don't agree with.

Just don't pull a Kerry and stab us in the back.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 12:09:42 PM »
Mak, I wish you, and by extension, all the other liberals over there in the sandbox, god speed, and best wishes.  When you come back, you might have a better idea of why we fight.   undecided

bstrambo

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2006, 08:25:49 PM »
Good luck, stay safe.  I personally love it when liberals (or anyone) actually go places.  The majority I've known have never been anywhere and live a sheltered existence.  A friend of my BIL and I had a big debate a few years back.  It was good, he wasn't emotional, but just a college kid, so his views were developed in a vacuum.  Now he is in Africa with the Peace Corps.  That is awesome, he is seeing the world, trying to make a difference and putting his beliefs into action.  Seeing 3rd world problems and poverty for yourself puts things into perspective.

This applies to conservatives too of course.  It's easy to believe anything about a problem you haven't seen first hand. 
"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -Robert A. Heinlein