Author Topic: Pics of my wood hauler  (Read 1128 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Pics of my wood hauler
« on: March 23, 2015, 09:28:37 PM »
Hauled some fire wood up the stack this afternoon and took a few pics of the old Kaiser

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Pics of my wood hauler
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 10:11:51 PM »
Why.
Is.
It.
Clean?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 10:14:59 PM »
It's sort of clean because it got rained on pretty good a few days ago.
And, I keep the worst of the mud out from under it to help slow down the rusting.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 11:21:48 PM »
I'd probably do without the skulls, but very nice piece of equipment.  Also, nice photographs.  Excellent color on the first two (Doctored up the levels on photoshop/gimp?) and nice depth of field in the last.  I liked the subdued colors of the third picture, but the red logsplitter in the background really stands out, and it's not really the focal point, yea?

Looks like you had a nice day.  =)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 11:35:18 PM »
I've been playing with Light Room more than Photoshop. I like the work flow a little better, feels a little more intuitive to me.
I  could crop a little tighter or clone out the splitter on the front end shot but it was just a quick edit to get it online. I pulled the levels down on the front end shot just to see what I could get. As for the skulls, my grandkids will kick your butt over them. I pulled the decal off the bumper to paint it a couple years ago and about got myself lynched.

Samuel Adams

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 11:36:04 PM »
Now that's a truck for rush hour traffic. Add some train horns, and you have the perfect commuter. =)  Nice truck man.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 11:39:24 PM »
One thing that truck doesn't do is rush . =D

Samuel Adams

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 09:04:59 AM »
looking at that truck made me violate the commandments that says thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's truck
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 09:33:53 AM »
Needs moar skulls.
Seriously though, nice vehicle.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 09:55:48 AM »
It never fails. Everytime I just get over hating RKL for posting his last set of truck pics, he goes and posts another set.  :laugh:

One of my daydreams has been to find an M715 somewhere out of state in driveable condition at a reasonable price, fly to the location with camping and fishing gear, then drive the thing home all on backroads (because good luck getting one up to freeway speed :D ), camping and fishing on the way.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 10:07:25 AM »
Needs to be flat black.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!