Author Topic: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  (Read 1409 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
« on: March 25, 2015, 01:56:19 PM »
MAoS is one of my guilty viewing pleasures. I knew it was on ABC but didn't give it much thought until it hit Netflix. Loved it from the first minute and ended up binge-watching the entire first season. Unfortunately this happened after S2 had begun so I figured I'd just catch up via ABC Go or DirecTV On Demand. No joy. Oh sure, all S2 episodes are available, but only at three bucks a pop.

This time last year I would have dropped the cash to get caught up on the season. Now, unfortunately, this job hunting business has me watching every last cent with an obssessive fanaticism. Dangit. Dangit. Dangit.  =|

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

freakazoid

• friend
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 02:41:21 PM »
That's a show I have been wanting to watch but for some reason never got around to it. I need to fix that.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 03:03:43 PM »
meh.  I watched an episode or three, but couldn't get into it.  Maybe I'll try again.

Chris

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 04:29:16 PM »
I'm with Brad, I got hooked from the first minute and binged watched it as well.  But there is no way I am going to pay $3/episode to see S2, I will wait patiently until it comes out on Netflix. 
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 05:38:16 PM »
For people who generally lean libertarian, I am a little surprised any of you would like SHIELD.  I saw the Avengers movie yesterday and Captain America was griping that we won the war than we woke up to find out we really lost or something like that.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 10:01:21 PM »
MechAg94, I watch it for pure entertainment and nothing else.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 10:35:21 PM »

This.  Not everything has to be about politics.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 06:56:39 AM »
I've kept up with but they're throwing in too many plot twists to keep it at the mindless entertainment level. That and all the sooper dooper "agents" are turning in to a bunch of whiney beaches.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 09:19:27 AM »

Yeah.  This.  Kids like it, especially my 12 year old who is into the whole Marvel super hero thing.  Just some entertainment that requires little thought.  And some of the ladies aren't hard on the eyes, either.   =D
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 11:44:26 AM »
Season 2 dropped into the viewing queue today. Know what I'll be doing this weekend.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 01:14:32 PM »
Season 2 dropped into the viewing queue today. Know what I'll be doing this weekend.

Brad

Me too, I started watching S2:E1 at lunch.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 03:28:43 PM »
I watched it some also, but not much after the first season.  I was a little curious what changed after Captain America:  Winter Soldier took place.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 05:32:00 PM »
For people who generally lean libertarian, I am a little surprised any of you would like SHIELD.  I saw the Avengers movie yesterday and Captain America was griping that we won the war than we woke up to find out we really lost or something like that.

As it's a part of the greater Marvel Universe, watch Captain America: The Winter Solider.

It's one I'll get to buying, eventually.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2015, 06:22:56 PM »
. . . I saw the Avengers movie yesterday and Captain America was griping that we won the war than we woke up to find out we really lost or something like that.
My favorite line was when Captain America was going after Thor (who'd just taken Loki off an air transport) - someone said words to the effect of "You can't do that - he's a GOD!" to which Cap replied "There's only one God, and He doesn't dress like that."   =D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain