Author Topic: Father of Marysville-Pilchuck school shooter arrested for gun ownership  (Read 1354 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/father-of-mphs-school-shooter-charged-with-illegal-gun-possesion/

It turns out he was a prohibited person due to a permanent domestic violence restraining order and lied on the Form 4473 at the time of purchase.  I would have thought those were reported to NICS and thus would have come back on the instant check at the time of purchase.  I wonder if the Tribal Court reports domestic orders to NICS, or if they do not have to since they are Tribal.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
It's been a bone of contention on both sides that there is no set, singular procedure whereby the courts submit data to the databases.

Some Clerks have publically stated they are "too busy" to do it and want the prosecutor to be responsible.  Sadly, the prosecutor does not have the statutory authority to certify the data.  Also, the prosecutors say they are "just as too busy".

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20150331/NEWS01/150339740/No-record-of-dad's-gun-purchase-prohibition-in-databases

The local paper did a followup article.  The Tulalip Tribal Court, exercising jurisdiction over Tribal members, chooses to not submit domestic violence order data to NICS, because sovereign, and all.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 10:52:52 AM by jamisjockey »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
The local paper did a followup article.  The Tulalip Tribal Court, exercising jurisdiction over Tribal members, chooses to not submit domestic violence order data to NICS, because sovereign, and all.

I am firmly ambivalent on that little revelation.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

freakazoid

• friend
Something I've wondered about, how do firearm laws work on Tribal land?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Something I've wondered about, how do firearm laws work on Tribal land?

I hear it's chiefly a decision of whether they want to mess with it or deal with the FBI coming in.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MechAg94

• friend
http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20150331/NEWS01/150339740/No-record-of-dad's-gun-purchase-prohibition-in-databases

The local paper did a followup article.  The Tulalip Tribal Court, exercising jurisdiction over Tribal members, chooses to not submit domestic violence order data to NICS, because sovereign, and all.
Since they are sovereign and all, did they have passports and visas?  Does the tribe pay those pesky export/import tarrifs? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
I hear it's chiefly a decision ...

ICWYDT
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Hawkmoon

• friend
I hear it's chiefly a decision .
ICWYDT

But if the decision is made by the tribal council, is it really a chiefly decision?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design