Author Topic: Chick-fil-a  (Read 12755 times)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Chick-fil-a
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2015, 04:59:02 PM »
The CFAs around here are mobbed for lunch.  Funny thing is, if you do take-out or drive through, it doesn't take that much longer than other fast food at that time.  Just more efficient.  They cycle through PDQ. 

It kinda helps your efficiency when you hire good employees instead of idiots who forget to put the meat itself on the sandwhich...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2015, 10:12:19 PM »
I have an Aunt who has done fast food management quite a bit.  She used to work at a Whataburger and refused to be the head manager because it was a 7 day a week job.  Employees like to have at least one guaranteed day off a week.  I have to assume that Chick-fil-a attracts a better class of manager and employee specifically because they are closed on Sundays, even at the same pay.  You really can't understate the value of that.

Bing!  That's also the philosophy of Hobby Lobby.  We've adopted it too.  Working 7 days a week is draining.  I would not do it if I wasn't an owner in the company.  Your performance starts to suck, your mind is warped, and you just generally are not happy.  Personally I don't think you need to make the day off Sunday all the way around, but I'm an atheist, so Sunday has no importance to me.  I don't go to Church and I could take Monday off and be just as happy, probably more, because stores and such are less crowded.

A vendor and I got to talking at the counter about Sunday and such the other day, very light, but I mentioned that I do prefer not working 7 days fully open. It cuts my busy season work week down from 95 hours to about 90.  He laughed about it only being a 5 hour difference but it really is a big thing.  Five whole hours with your family is worth an awful lot when you aren't getting any most of the week.  The difference between 45 and 40 hours a week is a laugh.  95 vs 90 is a big swing.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2015, 12:59:24 AM »
On the lunch rush they send employees out down the line or lines of cars with tablets to take the orders. That, the cleaning, and the staff attitude also suggests a well structured corporate training program. Which again is assisted if you have hired better than mouth-breathing thugidiots for trainees.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2015, 01:03:44 AM »
As mentioned, the great service is one of the reasons I go. I don't go super frequently just because my lunch budget for a work week is limited and Chick-fil-a is on the pricey end of things, but I go with some of my team at work a couple times/month or so. A couple are strongly opposed to their anti-gay-marriage donations; one goes anyway because he likes the chicken too much, the other sticks to his guns and refuses to go, which I can respect even if I don't agree on the issue with him.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2015, 01:27:37 AM »
We really need to find the link to the location where the franchisee is a lesbian, I enjoy watching SJW's heads explode.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Chick-fil-a
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2015, 05:05:40 AM »
It kinda helps your efficiency when you hire good employees instead of idiots who forget to put the meat itself on the sandwhich...
Yeah I wasn't happy about that one...

In all the orders I've had from them, they only managed to screw up one order. Some other places have run as high as 50%
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2015, 10:17:29 AM »
Off topic
If you ever get the chance check out the richmond va zoo. Its private owned the employees are similar to chic filet in level of performance. The guy who owns it has a secret to how he does it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2015, 10:33:12 AM »
The guy who owns it has a secret to how he does it.

"Zookeepers hate him! Learn this one weird trick for keeping animal caretakers in line!"

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2015, 01:18:23 AM »
"Zookeepers hate him! Learn this one weird trick for keeping animal caretakers in line!"

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2015, 01:24:22 AM »

Local guy around here has a goat that does whatever she wants, fences be damned. She does straighten up and fly right when she sees his flashlight though. Stun gun in the bezel points.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2015, 08:48:04 AM »
Chick-fil-a opened two locations in the Milwaukee metro area this year, including a location less than five minutes from where I live. It's my new favorite fast food.
Andy