Author Topic: The Chick fil A Guy has some competition  (Read 4532 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: The Chick fil A Guy has some competition
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 05:49:33 PM »
She's not really in the anti-Chick-Fil-A guy's weight class. She's up in that Crazy Dunkin Donuts Lady class. Or lack of class, as it were.

I guess I'd rank the three thusly:

Least offensive - anti-Chick-Fil-A guy  He was definitely mean, and socially/politically backward, but at least he didn't indulge in racism, or berate the young lady for being ugly, or having a less impressive resume than himself (neither of which are things that a young person working at a fast-food job can easily change).

Middleweight - Crazy DD Lady  She got racial, and was also comically impressed with her own mediocrity.

Mega-tool - Ms. ESPN   She edges out the other wench, by going personal. It's one thing to be called a loser because sumtool doesn't like your ancestry (or your employer). It's worse to be told that you are loser because you, specifically, are ugly and have no job skills. This Mega-tool also gets points for being unbelievably impressed with her own specialness ("It makes my skin crawl, just being here.")

Fire her. Teach her the lesson that it's toothless, trailer people watching her on TV that give her the job in the first place. Get some better priorities hun

Well said.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 06:24:26 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 08:35:09 PM »
Ben. I'm sorry I seem to have killed your thread.  =(

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 08:39:59 PM »
She's not really in the anti-Chick-Fil-A guy's weight class. She's up in that Crazy Dunkin Donuts Lady class. Or lack of class, as it were.

I guess I'd rank the three thusly:

Least offensive - anti-Chick-Fil-A guy  He was definitely mean, and socially/politically backward, but at least he didn't indulge in racism, or berate the young lady for being ugly, or having a less impressive resume than himself (neither of which are things that a young person working at a fast-food job can easily change).

Middleweight - Crazy DD Lady  She got racial, and was also comically impressed with her own mediocrity.

Mega-tool - Ms. ESPN   She edges out the other wench, by going personal. It's one thing to be called a loser because sumtool doesn't like your ancestry (or your employer). It's worse to be told that you are loser because you, specifically, are ugly and have no job skills. This Mega-tool also gets points for being unbelievably impressed with her own specialness ("It makes my skin crawl, just being here.")

Well said.

So, all three on the short list for President Hillary's cabinet?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 08:59:17 PM »
Ben. I'm sorry I seem to have killed your thread.  =(

Well, at least you stepped up and admitted it's your fault.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re:
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 01:36:48 AM »
http://jonathanlast.com/teambritt/#pq=p0HdjN

This article is my experience as well. These towing companies in the DC area are predators.

The reporter may be in the right here, or at least fed up from dealing with bottom-feeders.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 06:32:08 AM »

This article is my experience as well. These towing companies in the DC area are predators.

The reporter may be in the right here, or at least fed up from dealing with bottom-feeders.

You still don't berate the person that more than likely has not say so in company policy.  Be like going off on Ms. Britt, who I've never heard of, because ESPN shows a poker tournament over an actual sport like rugby or even cricket.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: The Chick fil A Guy has some competition
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 07:02:52 AM »
You still don't berate the person that more than likely has not say so in company policy.  Be like going off on Ms. Britt, who I've never heard of, because ESPN shows a poker tournament over an actual sport like rugby or even cricket.
I agree. I note we are seeing an edited video that does not show what she is responding to, though. (You made me actually watch the video.)

The front desk people can be just as rude.

(Note: I think it's wrong on general terms to be rude. I'm just pointing out we're not getting the whole story from the bottom-feeders. )

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 07:07:12 AM »
I'm just pointing out we're not getting the whole story from the bottom-feeders.

I assume you mean ESPN, and other media.  =)

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 07:39:12 AM »
HateChiken guy sought out a low level employee to berate because he disagreed with a political position of her employer.
I'mOnTV!!! girl took out her anger at a company in a very nasty fashion on a low level employee she was forced to interact with because they impounded her car or whatever.

TV girl was more rude, but then again so was her interlocutor. Chiken guy chose the target for his attack.

I don't know fistful, on balance they seem pretty even.  Not really sure about the RacistDonut as I didn't follow that. 

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 08:09:53 AM »
HateChiken guy sought out a low level employee to berate because he disagreed with a political position of her employer.
I'mOnTV!!! girl took out her anger at a company in a very nasty fashion on a low level employee she was forced to interact with because they impounded her car or whatever.

TV girl was more rude, but then again so was her interlocutor. Chiken guy chose the target for his attack.

I don't know fistful, on balance they seem pretty even.  Not really sure about the RacistDonut as I didn't follow that. 

Do we know the clerk is a low-level employee? That's not always the case in these towing companies.

Again, I think the reporter was in the wrong. But her reaction could be understandable.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2015, 08:22:18 AM »
Not really sure about the RacistDonut as I didn't follow that. 

It's goin' liiiiive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNPfOL8dwig

brimic

• friends
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2015, 11:19:05 AM »
From the comments section:

Before you reach for the pitchforks and torches, understand that her car had just been towed by a notoriously shady/corrupt/criminal towing company in the area, which is well known to locals, and the "attendant" she was going off on is the person collecting her money in order to release the car. The tow was bogus to begin with, that company has been investigated and fined several times. So she's bitchy about it. You would be too.

If this is the case, I can empathize. Some towing operations are downright crooks.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2015, 11:40:55 AM »
ESPN reporter has been suspended for a week.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2015, 12:48:53 PM »
Further digging... the reviews written before the last few days are very telling...
http://www.yelp.com/biz/advanced-towing-arlington

Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re:
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2015, 01:49:11 PM »

Most cities have predatory tow companies. My philosophy when in predator country is to not park where they can find any excuse to tow my vehicle.

If Ms. I'm-on-televizhun isn't smart enough to have figured that out, maybe she got cheated on her college degree.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2015, 05:40:25 PM »
Tow truck company noted, but to me that then just makes both of them jerks (if the other woman was being rude). Ms ESPN irks me with her "college degree" taunt. Especially since anyone with a degree in something real could then turn around and use the same line on her.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2015, 05:56:14 PM »
The towing company could be run by Satan himself, and his under-aged slave laborers, and it wouldn't make Mega-tool's behavior one whit more acceptable. Calling people fat doesn't get your car out of impound.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2015, 05:58:17 PM »
Tow truck company noted, but to me that then just makes both of them jerks (if the other woman was being rude). Ms ESPN irks me with her "college degree" taunt. Especially since anyone with a degree in something real could then turn around and use the same line on her.
Undoubtedly this is an Iraq vs. Iran moment.  I'm just pointing out this wasn't some jerk going off on an innocent party, as in Chic-fil-a.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2015, 06:20:51 PM »
*sigh* what fistful said.

It doesn't matter what the provocation is. Acting like a nasty, spoiled brat over it does not end well for anyone. You want to prove you are better than someone else? Than act it. Saying it just makes you look like a monumental douch.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

brimic

• friends
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2015, 06:44:15 PM »
Undoubtedly this is an Iraq vs. Iran moment.  I'm just pointing out this wasn't some jerk going off on an innocent party, as in Chic-fil-a.
Well put.
Ms special college degree and goober jabba the hut seem like a good match for eachother.

Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2015, 06:48:34 PM »
The towing company could be run by Satan himself, and his under-aged slave laborers, and it wouldn't make Mega-tool's behavior one whit more acceptable. Calling people fat doesn't get your car out of impound.
Otoh, crooks, cheats, and scumbags shouldn't be expecting any notion of civility.  My biggest problem with ms college degree is her lack of imaginative insults.

Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2015, 07:29:15 PM »
Otoh, crooks, cheats, and scumbags shouldn't be expecting any notion of civility.  My biggest problem with ms college degree is her lack of imaginative insults.

I think, for most, it's how impressed she is with herself.