Author Topic: Open carry in the Yakima Wal-Mart  (Read 7941 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Open carry in the Yakima Wal-Mart
« on: April 20, 2015, 03:46:21 PM »
http://bearingarms.com/man-attacked-walmart-wont-open-carry/

The assailant apparently has mental health issues.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Open carry in the Yakima Wal-Mart
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 03:56:13 PM »
Sucks he won't OC anymore but it is a valid choice based on his experience. I think the big pitfall of OC is that people approach it like CC without a jacket. Some training in retention, a retention holster, and a plan to stop a gun grab such as a 2nd concealed gun is pretty much mandatory.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 04:24:23 PM »
While “Trevor” never stated specifically why he attacked, the only thing that made sense to Mr. Walker was that Trevor wanted his gun.

Pure conjecture.

Maybe he was just bat-*expletive deleted*it crazy and the guy he was going to use as a batting practice dummy just set him off.

bob

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 05:28:51 PM »
Pure conjecture.

Maybe he was just bat-*expletive deleted*it crazy and the guy he was going to use as a batting practice dummy just set him off.

bob

As a healthcare colleague to Bob, I heartily endorse his statement.  Lots and lots of BSC people out there who can not or will not get treatment.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 05:37:15 PM »
I live in an area of the state mental hospital. When all of them were turned out in the street some years ago, they didn't go far. The ones that need treatment now are likewise close by. You see some weird crap.
AKA Navy Joe   

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 06:04:16 PM »
The thing is, even if he saw the gun and wanted it....open carriers being attacked for their gun is rare.  Very rare. OC has been legal for how long in how many places?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 07:01:49 PM »
The thing is, even if he saw the gun and wanted it....open carriers being attacked for their gun is rare.  Very rare. OC has been legal for how long in how many places?

the decision process on whether or not to attack a person carrying a lethal weapon is a pretty good darwin test.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 07:27:04 PM »

From my gun friends, this happens like ALL THE TIME and is why OC is stupid and we shouldn't do it and we're "making things worse"

Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 07:41:43 PM »
From my gun friends, this happens like ALL THE TIME and is why OC is stupid and we shouldn't do it and we're "making things worse"

I heard that on teh internetz gun webs too, so it haz to be true.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 08:27:17 PM »
A Glock, IWB holster, and a black t-shirt... OC vs. CC gets kinda academic.

Mrs. Dual and the kids don't even notice most of the time unless they bump into it.

Something about Tommy Lee Jones in the Fugitive movie and "sissy nickle plated pistols" comes to mind.  =D
I promise not to duck.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 09:50:31 PM »
A Glock, IWB holster, and a black t-shirt... OC vs. CC gets kinda academic.

Mrs. Dual and the kids don't even notice most of the time unless they bump into it.

Something about Tommy Lee Jones in the Fugitive movie and "sissy nickle plated pistols" comes to mind.  =D

Same carry here, have walked around all day without notice.
AKA Navy Joe   

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2015, 10:51:06 PM »
Same carry here, have walked around all day without notice.

Hell, even when OCing OWB with a big ass XD45, most folks didnt notice.
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 10:55:15 PM »
No issue with responsible OC. But my post on the Starbucks boycott still stands.

Yeah, I never advocated (or even heard of until this thread) OCing or making a big deal about being pro-gun. I posted a "go give Starbucks some money" thing on the facebooks whenever anti's tried to do a boycott, but there's a huge difference between "give them money to show we outnumber the other side" and "form a fire team and get your venti caramel macchiato in 3-5 second squad rushes." Morons ruin it for everyone.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2015, 11:21:14 PM »
No issue with responsible OC. But my post on the Starbucks boycott still stands.

It's a valid point. When I OC'd I made every effort to not look like a superdouche. Face notwithstanding
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2015, 11:28:28 PM »
It's a valid point. When I OC'd I made every effort to not look like a superdouche. Face notwithstanding

To specifically address the folks I was referring to with that post, walking around with a Condition One rifle at the low ready is not a fashion faux pas that is embarrassing.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2015, 11:40:02 PM »

You mean you don't do something like this at your state capitol building?

I don't although I have OC'd in there many times. But I won't anymore, thanks to DBs like this. :(

Lt. Gov. Brad Owen announced Friday that the public will no longer be able to openly carry firearms in the state Senate chamber's public viewing area.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/01/18/washington-state-senate-bans-open-carry-guns-in-public-gallery/

This same guy and his behavior has gotten the no guns area extended to the sidewalk around the Federal Courthouse in Spokane instead of just in the building, and they have a nice little courtyard there where it was nice to just sit down for a while.

bob

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2015, 01:11:47 AM »
The man's magic lucky underpants worked as long as he CC'd.  The day he thought he'd just run in, grab some gear for the kids, and run back out without going back for his cover garment his magic lucky underpants failed him.

Until your magic lucky underpants fail you they work perfectly.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2015, 01:31:02 AM »
I have generally mixed feelings about OC. I really enjoy the option, when it's hot. And i appreciate that, if you look un-crazy, that it can, in some cases, show a positive side of carrying to the world.

I still believe it's generally tactically unsound, but I feel it's a tradeoff for comfort and whatnot.

And to be honest, the thought of displaying a nice looking revolver appeals to me :-D
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2015, 06:21:08 AM »
Guy is lucky that the crazy bastard went after him instead of one of the boys.  The outcome for all would have been much different.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2015, 09:15:11 AM »
I have generally mixed feelings about OC. I really enjoy the option, when it's hot. And i appreciate that, if you look un-crazy, that it can, in some cases, show a positive side of carrying to the world.

I still believe it's generally tactically unsound, but I feel it's a tradeoff for comfort and whatnot.

Not to start Internet War Mega-Zillion but I'd love to hear your reasons for saying it's tactically unsound.  Maybe PM me?

And to be honest, the thought of displaying a nice looking revolver appeals to me :-D

BBQ/Court guns for the win!

Not that I'll be attending any in the forseeable future but I'm still trying to figure out how to OC in formalware that does not involve doing the Virginia Tuck.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2015, 09:47:38 AM »
You mean you don't do something like this at your state capitol building?

I don't although I have OC'd in there many times. But I won't anymore, thanks to DBs like this. :(
Why isn't that considered brandishing or something similar?  To me, that is the equivalent of open carrying your revolver in your hand with the hammer cocked.  

To me, the best thing anti-gunners can do right now is pose as crazy gun owners.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2015, 12:18:28 PM »
Not to start Internet War Mega-Zillion but I'd love to hear your reasons for saying it's tactically unsound.  Maybe PM me?

BBQ/Court guns for the win!

Not that I'll be attending any in the forseeable future but I'm still trying to figure out how to OC in formalware that does not involve doing the Virginia Tuck.

stay safe.

One of the critical tactical advantages in a gunfight (in war or otherwise) is the element of surprise. OCing decreases this somewhat. Tactically unsound may be the wrong word. Maybe "not as tactically sound as hiding the thing?"

Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2015, 12:30:50 PM »

One of the critical tactical advantages in a gunfight (in war or otherwise) is the element of surprise. OCing decreases this somewhat. Tactically unsound may be the wrong word. Maybe "not as tactically sound as hiding the thing?"

:facepalm:

I just remembered what Thumper's mamma said and deleted stuff.

If it makes you hapy.  Just don't tell anyone else what to do, OK?  (Not saying you ever have.  Just asking you to keep the record intact.)

stay safe.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2015, 01:18:14 PM »
Why isn't that considered brandishing or something similar?  To me, that is the equivalent of open carrying your revolver in your hand with the hammer cocked.  

To me, the best thing anti-gunners can do right now is pose as crazy gun owners.  

Besides the part that they would have to have access to a gun and be curagious enough to get near it, I would be they would be easy to spot. Take the guy in the picture. Sure he might be wearing an evil black duster, but his finger is straight and off the trigger and how many antis would even do that.
Also, it also kinda looks like he is posing for the picture. Was he really just walking around like that?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2015, 01:20:12 PM »
Besides the part that they would have to have access to a gun and be curagious enough to get near it, I would be they would be easy to spot. Take the guy in the picture. Sure he might be wearing an evil black duster, but his finger is straight and off the trigger and how many antis would even do that.
Also, it also kinda looks like he is posing for the picture. Was he really just walking around like that?

Yes. Guy in the picture is a known problem child more interested in his view of himself as courageous freedom fighter than in the effects of his actions.