Author Topic: Flying Insect Death Machine Makes Me Smile  (Read 754 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Flying Insect Death Machine Makes Me Smile
« on: April 25, 2015, 07:56:47 PM »
Flowtron BK-15D Electronic Insect Killer, 1/2 Acre Coverage
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004R9VZ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

An old-school bug zapper, with a newer design to minimize fouling the zappy bits.

Don't know about a half acre, but it turned a two-car garage that was overrun with big & small mosquitoes, june bugs, and other flying insects into a Zone of Insectoid Death.  In 24 hours.  This spring came late and wet and we had more of the stinking skeeters than I have ever seen around here.  They would get in the house just from quick entry/exit.  Annoying as all get out.

Thinking about putting it on a timer since it is over the hump.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
Re: Flying Insect Death Machine Makes Me Smile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 08:07:45 PM »
1/2 acre is probably 'you'll notice fewer insects in this area'.  I wonder how the 1.5 acre unit is supposed to work at clearing that much area?

I've seen the propane powered anti-skeeter units up here, so you think think the electric does a good job?  I might have to see about picking one up myself.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 08:29:51 PM »
When I lived in Oklahoma sitting on the porch and trying to figure out how big the bug was from the length of zap was a springtime/summer ritual. After all, once it was dark you couldn't see the grass grow.  ;)

bob

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 11:01:52 PM »
1/2 acre is probably 'you'll notice fewer insects in this area'.  I wonder how the 1.5 acre unit is supposed to work at clearing that much area?

I've seen the propane powered anti-skeeter units up here, so you think think the electric does a good job?  I might have to see about picking one up myself.

Reading the reviews, the zapper beats the propane units.  Especially if you bait it with the octy-whatever once a month.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton