Author Topic: May Day protest fail  (Read 722 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
May Day protest fail
« on: May 01, 2015, 05:12:58 PM »
http://www.sfgate.com/business/article/May-Day-rally-fails-to-block-tech-bus-in-Oakland-6236310.php

The sole tech shuttle that showed up at an Oakland protest intended to blockade them rolled away unhindered after picking up a single passenger.

About two dozen protesters gathered at MacArthur station on Friday morning, hoping to block the private buses that carry tech workers from Oakland to the campuses of Google, Facebook and Yahoo — a May Day rallying cry against gentrification and the impact of tech industry wealth on the Bay Area.
But when the lone bus pulled up at 7:40 a.m., it stopped across the street from protesters and left before they could assemble. Other buses were either rerouted or cancelled in anticipation of the protest.

For those unfamiliar with the practice: large tech companies including Apple, Google, and Facebook have their own fleets of buses providing transportation for their employees.  The usual far left suspects have been targeting these buses as symbols of "gentrification" and other supposed evils.

Apparently the companies got wind of the protest and rerouted their buses . . . perhaps because the anti-tech protestors posted their plans on Facebook:

But a flier posted on Facebook for Friday’s protest clearly stated that tech industry “colonizers” “are not welcome.”

Oh the irony.

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: May Day protest fail
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 05:20:18 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 05:20:45 PM »
You would think they would support the buses, from the standpoint of getting more cars off the road.  I live close by one of the Microsoft Connector bus lots (the parking lot of a local church).  I can reliably state that that particular lot is getting 60-70 cars off the road going from central Snohomish County to Redmond.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 05:29:10 PM »
Cleo, a protest organizer who would not give her full name, grabbed a megaphone and told the crowd she was there to send “a clear message that I don’t want the tech industry here. I want them to leave.”

Lolz. Where does Cleo think her EBT money comes from? Obama's stash?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 05:36:38 PM »
You would think they would support the buses, from the standpoint of getting more cars off the road.  I live close by one of the Microsoft Connector bus lots (the parking lot of a local church).  I can reliably state that that particular lot is getting 60-70 cars off the road going from central Snohomish County to Redmond.

The thing about progressives is that they are a crazy mishmash of competing identity groups. When one of their core ideals conflicts with one of these identity groups, the ideals are tossed to the side of the road. They're all about principals, not principles.

Incidentally, this is also why they tend to eat their own, as it's not uncommon for two or more of these identity groups to become opposed...
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 07:21:18 PM »
"They're all about principals, not principles."

Neat turn of phrase = like.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.