Author Topic: Well, That's It - McDonalds is Done  (Read 25548 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Well, That's It - McDonalds is Done
« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2015, 08:13:36 PM »
The world is a germ-ridden place.

Yes, charb; that's why we try to limit our exposure.

Probably more germs on the door to your place of employment then you will get in a sandwich topping bar.

Tip: Food goes in the mouth. Doors do not. Hope that helps.  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2015, 08:17:26 PM »
Yes, charb; that's why we try to limit our exposure.

Tip: Food goes in the mouth. Doors do not. Hope that helps.  =)

Yes, but your hands touch things that go in your mouth. Of course your hands touched the door at one time.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2015, 08:55:09 PM »
Yes, but your hands touch things that go in your mouth. Of course your hands touched the door at one time.

Didn't your mother teach you to wash your hands before lunch? I don't think you need to be so worried about the germs, charby. Just do the best you can, and you'll probably be fine.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2015, 09:05:43 PM »

Didn't your mother teach you to wash your hands before lunch? I don't think you need to be so worried about the germs, charby. Just do the best you can, and you'll probably be fine.

I don't worry about germs, but you sure do.

Uranus is a gas giant.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2015, 10:28:29 PM »
"Great news Mike! There is a 99.5% probability that my OPINION on the Internet will never intersect with your OPINION on the Internet in the same line at the same fast food joint. So while I continue to tell people like you to hurry the hell up with their orders, you can continue to tell people like me to take a breath and wait our turn."

God I so want to be in front of you in a restaurant, some day...

Yeah... er... uhm... who makes your bread? Do you make it on site, do you source it locally, or is it made in a big plant somewhere and then shipped half way across the country? Can I get an artisinal bun hand made by Amish bakers? Do you have organic onions? No, I don't want onions on my burger, I don't like onions, I just really want to know if you have organic onions...

"Further good news! Me and the dog just had a delicious breakfast of bacon and freshly laid eggs out on the porch, and in a few hours I'll be sitting in my rocking chair, listening to opera, and drinking a glass of whiskey, because that's what's important to me and makes me happy. Much more happy than than opinions on the Internet."

You have an opinion? Sounded more like a crotchety old man bitch to me...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2015, 10:30:16 PM »
"Great news Mike! There is a 99.5% probability that my OPINION on the Internet will never intersect with your OPINION on the Internet in the same line at the same fast food joint. So while I continue to tell people like you to hurry the hell up with their orders, you can continue to tell people like me to take a breath and wait our turn."

God I so want to be in front of you in a restaurant, some day...

Yeah... er... uhm... who makes your bread? Do you make it on site, do you source it locally, or is it made in a big plant somewhere and then shipped half way across the country? Can I get an artisinal bun hand made by Amish bakers? Do you have organic onions? No, I don't want onions on my burger, I don't like onions, I just really want to know if you have organic onions...

That would be awesome. If it happens, I'll record it on my phone and put it on youtube.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2015, 10:32:05 PM »
Fixed that for you.  They're all over the place in South, Central, and SW VA.  

Chris

Ah, I didn't know that. Still not driving to hell and back for their roast beef.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2015, 10:32:58 PM »
I know. I was talking about a self-serve toppings bar for burgers and such. I could see that being a real bottleneck, and a germ-ridden one at that, at a fast-food place.

No different than a salad bar at a restaurant, really.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2015, 10:48:46 PM »
I don't worry about germs, but you sure do.

Well, if you really want to do this, then fine. What convinces you that I'm too worried about germs, and why does it matter so much to you?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 11:31:47 PM by fistful »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2015, 11:32:16 PM »
No different than a salad bar at a restaurant, really.

Except that it's at McDonald's.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2015, 11:55:37 PM »
So start your own fast food joint.

As people walk in you can toss them a random sack of something, charge them something, and they're out in 20 seconds.

Call it FU Burger.

The Woot of the fast food industry.

God forbid people actually have an expectation for something a little more... appealing.

Call it H&K Burgers.

And I find it funny as hell anyone would expect to get something "Appealing" at some fast food puke factory like McDs and the like.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2015, 06:31:32 AM »
Hardee's is now Carl's Jr in some locations.

Whenever I go to a "fast" food joint I'm not going for the food usually, it is the convenience that usually draws me in.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2015, 07:51:02 AM »
Call it H&K Burgers.

And I find it funny as hell anyone would expect to get something "Appealing" at some fast food puke factory like McDs and the like.

Their chicken sandwiches aren't bad.

And their Fillet O'Fish is absolutely *expletive deleted*ing awesome. Always has been.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2015, 07:53:34 AM »

Except that it's at McDonald's.

OK.....

Wendy's had salad bars for years...

I THINK that McDonald's experimented with salad bars in a very limited fashion...

Not sure why you think things would be cleaner at restaurant A as opposed to restaurant B.

Parker Dean

• friend
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2015, 08:54:53 AM »
As noted, McDonald's simply isn't good enough for what it costs. With care, it doesn't cost all that much more to go to a place like Cracker Barrel rather than put up with McDonald's.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2015, 08:56:59 AM »
Must have missed out on the plan to put a Cracker Barrel next to every McDonald's.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2015, 08:58:49 AM »
OK.....

Wendy's had salad bars for years...

I THINK that McDonald's experimented with salad bars in a very limited fashion...

Not sure why you think things would be cleaner at restaurant A as opposed to restaurant B.

Sounds like a you problem.  =)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2015, 09:10:38 AM »
Just remember...

No matter what you do, no matter where you go, no matter how long you soak in bleach...

One of these is out there, waiting for you...

http://www.foodsafety.gov/poisoning/causes/bacteriaviruses/staphylococcus/

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #118 on: May 11, 2015, 09:15:24 AM »
As noted, McDonald's simply isn't good enough for what it costs. With care, it doesn't cost all that much more to go to a place like Cracker Barrel rather than put up with McDonald's.

Time.  It takes much more time to go to CB and grab lunch.  If it was only about money, I'd probably never eat fast food again.

Chris

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #119 on: May 11, 2015, 09:39:02 AM »
I also see this at potluck-type events, with small children. Mom or Dad has to ask Jimmy and Susie exactly what they want, and it's often a struggle just to keep the kids' attention.

Mine get a three count; if they don't answer in three seconds, then I pick.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #120 on: May 11, 2015, 09:59:01 AM »
At one time McDonalds had a MDLT or something like that.  It came with two side, one with meat and bread and one with all the other stuff.  I liked it as I could easily take off the stuff I didn't want without going to the trouble of a special order. 

I think where many of them are going is to just have someone building burgers to order.  They just have a big steaming bin full of patties, a bin for buns, and others with other stuff and they just build them as they are ordered.  Which means nothing is exactly fresh.  I see them doing this already for breakfast sandwiches.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #121 on: May 11, 2015, 10:08:52 AM »
Hell even some of your nicer sit down places can't get stuff right and have sucky burgers.  Last time I went to Applebee's the burger was dry and unflavorful.  Of course the only reason I was there was to use a gift card given to us for Christmas.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #122 on: May 11, 2015, 10:17:11 AM »
McDonald's, is well McDonald's. It's not world class dining, it is fast food.

It will never be better tasting than the upscale chains but it is a lot cheaper also.

That being said it is really hard to beat a burger at one of those mom and pop greasy spoons. 

Uranus is a gas giant.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #123 on: May 11, 2015, 10:20:19 AM »
McDonald's, is well McDonald's. It's not world class dining, it is fast food.

It will never be better tasting than the upscale chains but it is a lot cheaper also.

That being said it is really hard to beat a burger at one of those mom and pop greasy spoons. 

Have a place here in Tulsa that matches that description, Hank's, don't get there enough.

Of course nothing beats grilling a burger or other meat over coals in your own backyard.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #124 on: May 11, 2015, 10:33:39 AM »
Have a place here in Tulsa that matches that description, Hank's, don't get there enough.

Of course nothing beats grilling a burger or other meat over coals in your own backyard.

My folks lived in Tulsa for a while, there was diner on old US 66 that had amazing burgers (and chicken fried steak).

I wish I could remember the name of the place.

Uranus is a gas giant.