Author Topic: Venting in VA  (Read 701 times)

DrAmazon

• friend
Venting in VA
« on: October 31, 2006, 06:18:14 PM »
Oh for crying out loud...

I'm torturing myself with the 11 o'clock news and just saw the footage of George Allen's security detail wrestling a heckler to the floor.  Heckler is a first year law student and yes, he is pressing charges.

Here he is, one week out from the election.  In many polls he has pulled even or slightly ahead.  Now this.  Allen has already had enough damage from dealing with hecklers in an "inappropriate" way, so his staff lets themselves be goaded into doing it again with cameras rolling.  Argh.

Granted, the heckler was utterly obnoxious and asking really vile, inappropriate questions.  That's been going on for the entire campaign.  I would think that ignoring the heckers would be a very high priority for absolutely everyone on the Allen campaign rignt how. For heaven's sake, why give Webb a Halloween treat that easily....

Sorry, just venting.   
Experiment with a chemist!

Leatherneck

• friend
Re: Venting in VA
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 02:21:22 AM »
It does seem kind of self-defeating for Allen to allow his staff conduct that attracts negative attention from the anti-Allen media. But AFAIK, they had every right to remove the a-hole from the premises by any reasonable means needed.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 02:58:56 AM »
Do you really think Allen made the decision?  Seems like something his security detail would do on their own. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

DrAmazon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 05:22:17 AM »
Good point, Fist.  But I would think that the security staff would be very well aware of the public spotlight and the potential negative impact of acting that way. 

Fortunately John Kerry has the bulk of the airtime right now...
Experiment with a chemist!