Author Topic: Anti-gun projection: a case study  (Read 2397 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Anti-gun projection: a case study
« on: May 11, 2015, 11:42:05 PM »
http://robhoey127.blogspot.com/2015/05/shotgun-fired-and-away-he-ran.html

So he's not overly keen on his constituents' gun rights...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2015/05/11/state-sen-virgil-smith-arrest-shots-fired/27113485/

Seems to buttress that whole projection theory.

And then there's this:

If he is convicted of the crimes he’s accused of, it wouldn’t necessarily lead to removal from office

:O What?  ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Anti-gun projection: a case study
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 07:49:40 AM »
Take-away from this: do not invite your ex to a three-way unless you are 200% positive it was her idea in the first place.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 10:49:24 AM »
Take-away from this: do not invite your ex to a three-way unless you are 200% positive it was her idea in the first place.

stay safe.

Did not click OP ink. Now will definitely NOT click OP link...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 12:37:58 PM »
Did not click OP ink. Now will definitely NOT click OP link...

Go ahead and click it.

Sometimes you have to remember that I have a seriously warped mind  :O that loves to play "what was he thinkng" games.

Go ahead and click the link, then listen to the wheels in your head spin as you come to understand how I arrived at my take-away.  (And feel free to send me the bill for your therapy.)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 12:53:41 PM »
Go ahead and click it.

Sometimes you have to remember that I have a seriously warped mind  :O that loves to play "what was he thinkng" games.

Go ahead and click the link, then listen to the wheels in your head spin as you come to understand how I arrived at my take-away.  (And feel free to send me the bill for your therapy.)

stay safe.

Just a dirty mind.  Or, having seen the world.

(linky's not that bad.)
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 01:38:36 PM »
Sigh. There's nothing more graphic in the OP links than a man being described as naked, and a woman being in a bed. No naughty pics or video.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 04:02:30 PM »
She said Smith had invited her to stay the night at his house, and, when she arrived, “she was met by a naked (Smith) and an (unknown) female,” the report said. “At this time she became angry and upset, and both started verbally arguing.

Wow, it's like every day in Sims 3.  (OK, sometimes twice a day.  Got to plan out better ways to keep one out of the house longer.)

Is there a mod or expansion pack to arm my Sims so they can shoot up each other's stuff when this happens?

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re:
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 04:17:00 PM »
Sims: Ferguson?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Perd Hapley

• friend
Re:
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 06:05:32 PM »
Sims: Ferguson?

Hey, now, this was Detroit. Sims Ferguson would involve black cherubim being hunted by police officers.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 06:46:50 PM »

Hey, now, this was Detroit. Sims Ferguson would involve black cherubim being hunted by police officers.
Does it involve various street corner stations and someone to yell pull to?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 10:05:08 PM »
Does it involve various street corner stations and someone to yell pull to?

That escalated quickly. And not in a funny way.

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 12:00:24 PM »
Monty Python History of the World "I am their soverign, I love them, PULL!"
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2015, 06:17:29 PM »
Monty Python History of the World "I am their soverign, I love them, PULL!"

ObNitpick: Mel Brooks, not Monty Python.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2015, 09:53:26 PM »
http://robhoey127.blogspot.com/2015/05/shotgun-fired-and-away-he-ran.html

So he's not overly keen on his constituents' gun rights...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2015/05/11/state-sen-virgil-smith-arrest-shots-fired/27113485/

Seems to buttress that whole projection theory.

And then there's this:

:O What?  ???

Michigan only bars certain felons from holding office, as does most states. I think there are a couple that ban all felons. Do you really think the various legislatures are going to ban felons?
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2015, 03:13:54 PM »
Michigan only bars certain felons from holding office, as does most states. I think there are a couple that ban all felons. Do you really think the various legislatures are going to ban felons?

I actually think that banning felons from office would be a bad thing.  If you are duly elected to office after having been convicted of a felony before your announcement as a candidate, and said felony is on your records during the election, you should be allowed to take office, even if that means that you have to video-conference from your cell.  Such is democracy.

Now, if your felonies are discovered after you've been elected, then that may be a valid reason to remove you.  During a campaign is a little more murky.

Please note that I don't consider 'felon' as serious of a matter as I once did since I've learned about all the bullshit things that are considered felonies today.  I remember reading an article a long time ago about a man who turned the wrong way in some construction and was giving what he thought was a traffic ticket - he did the standard 'plead guilty and pay $200 fine', only to find out later that he had 'pled guilty' to a federal felony trespassing charge.  I tried googling up the story, no luck.

Personally, I think that 'felon' status should be restricted, not to those that could receive 1 year or more in prison, but those that actually do.  That and maybe something like a $10k fine(indexed to inflation).  Convicted, sentenced to 2 years in prison, but are out in 6 months due to good behavior?  Congratulations, you're not a felon!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2015, 06:04:41 PM »

I guess you didn't read the article. Here are the charges being discussed:
Police Chief James Craig said police anticipated charges of aggravated assault with a gun and malicious destruction of property against Smith.

Yes, I really think that legislatures should be expected throw out those convicted of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, at least if it occurs during their term of office.

And just because it seems relevant, here's a Georgia sheriff planning to remain in office, though charged with recklessly shooting some lady, while "showing her how to shoot."

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/clayton-sheriff-victor-hill-releases-statement-fol/nmBTQ/

Why he was helping her learn shooting, with live ammo, inside a house, I don't know.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2015, 07:56:28 PM »
I actually think that banning felons from office would be a bad thing.  If you are duly elected to office after having been convicted of a felony before your announcement as a candidate, and said felony is on your records during the election, you should be allowed to take office, even if that means that you have to video-conference from your cell.  Such is democracy.

Now, if your felonies are discovered after you've been elected, then that may be a valid reason to remove you.  During a campaign is a little more murky.

Please note that I don't consider 'felon' as serious of a matter as I once did since I've learned about all the bullshit things that are considered felonies today.  I remember reading an article a long time ago about a man who turned the wrong way in some construction and was giving what he thought was a traffic ticket - he did the standard 'plead guilty and pay $200 fine', only to find out later that he had 'pled guilty' to a federal felony trespassing charge.  I tried googling up the story, no luck.

Personally, I think that 'felon' status should be restricted, not to those that could receive 1 year or more in prison, but those that actually do.  That and maybe something like a $10k fine(indexed to inflation).  Convicted, sentenced to 2 years in prison, but are out in 6 months due to good behavior?  Congratulations, you're not a felon!

Don't we have enough criminals in office as it is?   >:D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2015, 09:24:50 PM »
Don't we have enough criminals in office as it is?   >:D

Maybe we ought to restrict holding public office to only those convicted of a felony.

Currently the restriction against allowing felons to hold public office is that by their crime they have lost the trust and cofidence of society.  Which sort of describes the 99.9% that give politicians a bad name.  Far better to have an experienced embezzler with a proven track record than have to put up with some amateur that is going to need several terms to get up to speed.  We're all in agreement that we are getting skrood by local, state & national legislative bodies.  Far better to get professionals in there doing it to us.

stay safe.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2015, 08:44:04 PM »
Maybe we ought to restrict holding public office to only those convicted of a felony.

>:D

More seriously, it's to prevent shenanigans with arranging to convict people you don't like on some minor felony to disallow them from office.