Author Topic: Quiet benefactors, the saints of our time.  (Read 491 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Quiet benefactors, the saints of our time.
« on: May 15, 2015, 12:48:29 AM »
Kid's father was killed in the line of duty. A stranger outbids him at public auction for his father's patrol car, then hands him the keys and declines publicity for a genuinely unselfish act of kindness.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/sons-of-fallen-weld-county-sheriffs-deputy-outbid-at-auction-for-dads-squad-car-get-keys-anyway

I may not have much to offer, but if this guy is ever in Lubbock, TX, and finds himself in need of a room, a ride, or a meal, my door is open and screw anyone who has a problem with it.

Also, a Thank You to Fitz for posting the link to Facebook.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
Re: Quiet benefactors, the saints of our time.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 07:13:29 AM »
What an amazing story in this day and age.
Thank you for sharing this. It made my face, heart, and soul smile.  =)
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Quiet benefactors, the saints of our time.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 10:09:57 AM »
Think my monitor got a little blurry.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!