Author Topic: Oh the delicious irony  (Read 1056 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Oh the delicious irony
« on: May 27, 2015, 09:46:32 AM »
Several traditionally pro-organic/anti-gmo universities and institutes saying organic and non-gmo farms and farming methods are significant agricultural water wasters. California encouraged to throw a tax at 'em so "the product is *less desirable".

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/05/27/taxing-organic-products-could-solve-california-water-problem-experts-say/

Can you say  :rofl: boys and girls? I knew you could.

Brad

*So they'll be going from overpriced to rediculously overpriced.
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Oh the delicious irony
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 09:57:17 AM »
Heh, just read that before I popped over here. It'll never happen though. The organic crowd here is the same as the "get oil out" crowd. None of them will give anything up to promote their philosophy. Giving things up is a job for other people.

Funny tangent, we just had an oil spill on the CA coast, and protestors showed up a couple of days ago with with a fake "oil pipeline" made with 50 yards worth of plastic.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 10:03:44 AM »
"So they'll be going from overpriced to rediculously overpriced."

Can we throw a punitive tax on ridiculous spelling mistakes?  :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 10:09:09 AM »
You're problem with my spelling wood bee...?

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 12:33:51 PM »
Funny tangent, we just had an oil spill on the CA coast, and protestors showed up a couple of days ago with with a fake "oil pipeline" made with 50 yards worth of plastic.

Almost as good as the fur protesters in Dallas wearing leather shoes, carrying leather purses, etc.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 12:48:20 PM »
Or that letter to the editor bitching about hunters and telling them to get their meat at the supermarket, where no animals were harmed...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 01:02:28 PM »
Or that letter to the editor bitching about hunters and telling them to get their meat at the supermarket, where no animals were harmed...

I think that particular segment of the protest community bothers me more than most any of the others, just because of the magnitude of the subject. Other life is dying to keep you alive. If you don't want to take some direct responsibility for at least some of that death, whether through hunting or chopping off the head of a backyard chicken, that's fine. Just shut the hell up about it when you have other people doing your dirty work for you.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 03:04:51 PM »

Have any of them ever lived where the wood rats were allowed to reproduce unmolested?  Besides the increase in crash fatalities (human, not deer/pig/whatever) there are the disease vectors that have to be contended with.  And the noble beasts of the forest coming to graze in the beautiful meadows that schools so graciously provide, thus allowing the kiddies the opportunity to get hooved/tusked when they go over to pet the pretty beast.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 05:54:55 PM »
Have any of them ever lived where the wood rats were allowed to reproduce unmolested?  Besides the increase in crash fatalities (human, not deer/pig/whatever) there are the disease vectors that have to be contended with.  And the noble beasts of the forest coming to graze in the beautiful meadows that schools so graciously provide, thus allowing the kiddies the opportunity to get hooved/tusked when they go over to pet the pretty beast.

When I was a wee lad, my family's house was in what was then a rural setting. There were still farms in town, and my parents evicted a few cows from one of great-grandmother's pastures so we could build a house. Cousins half a mile down the road did the same. We didn't have "lawns" -- we had hay fields, which were cut twice a year by tractors with sickle bars, and the hay was baled and taken to a barn. We played in those fields every day, even crawling around in the tall grass playing Apache Indian sneaking up on the wagon train. Nobody ever got a tick.

Now the town is a 'burb, they've enacted an anti-hunting ordinance, the deer are proliferating, and I can hardly step outside without picking up a tick. And there's no more hay field -- many years ago, when the farmers disappeared, we bought a lawn tractor and started mowing the whole three acres like "lawn." (Scraggly lawn, but sort on lawn-ish, nonetheless.)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 05:06:16 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 04:25:25 PM »
You're problem with my spelling wood bee...?

Brad

My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 04:30:51 PM »
Is that made from beech?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.