Author Topic: Manspreading Arrest  (Read 3940 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Manspreading Arrest
« on: May 30, 2015, 06:26:39 PM »
Wow. Not only is manspreading an SJW cause, it is now illegal (in NYC). Two men have been arrested.

http://twitchy.com/2015/05/30/patriarchy-under-attack-new-york-police-make-first-manspreading-arrests-on-subway/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dm1333

• friend
Re: Manspreading Arrest
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 09:52:02 PM »
I'm all for it.  Every time I get on a plane I end up sitting next to a sawed off runt who can manspread further than Jean Claude Van Damme.   :P

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 11:19:22 PM »
I'm all for it.  Every time I get on a plane I end up sitting next to a sawed off runt who can manspread further than Jean Claude Van Damme.   :P

I usually wind up next to someone who should have bought two tickets ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 11:35:26 PM »

Oh! Say hello to Jamis Jockey next time!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 11:36:40 PM »
So being an inconsiderate *expletive deleted*che bag is illegal in NYC?  I guess just a specific type. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 06:44:05 AM »
I assume they are also arresting any fat people that take up more than one pre molded seat?

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 07:35:45 AM »
I assume they are also arresting any fat people that take up more than one pre molded seat?

Yes. That is called Fatlapping.  Also be on the lookout for Shebagging, which is when a woman puts her purse or shopping bags on the seat.

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 07:39:18 AM »
I gotta thank the internet.  It honestly never occurred to me that this was problem enough to spend law enforcement resources on.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 08:34:52 AM »

Deez nutz need some room.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 09:09:56 AM »
Oh! Say hello to Jamis Jockey next time!

And by that, he means give the glorified lawn ornement a good swift kick.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 09:28:12 AM »
And by that, he means give the glorified lawn ornement a good swift kick.

Watch what you call G-Nome.  The little bastards can fight.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 09:40:39 AM »
Watch what you call G-Nome.  The little bastards can fight.

Yeah, you piss one off and they can do a number on your ankles...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2015, 09:44:53 AM »
I like knives and fire.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2015, 11:23:04 AM »
So what happens if a female passenger leans back and spreads her legs toward her seatmates? Is the charge "manspreading" or is it "womanspreading"? Or is this another case of gender discrimination, and woman are allowed to spread but men are not?

Inquiring minds want to know.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2015, 01:16:03 PM »
I like knives and fire.

Are you deadly and unpredictable?  >:D
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 03:43:39 PM »
So what happens if a female passenger leans back and spreads her legs toward her seatmates? Is the charge "manspreading" or is it "womanspreading"? Or is this another case of gender discrimination, and woman are allowed to spread but men are not?

Check your shitlord privilege.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2015, 10:48:27 PM »

I don't really care.  I don't like the manspreading term as it seems to imply all men should be a jerk to people sitting next to them or they aren't being a "man".  If it is a problem, put some powder down there or buy better underwear.  Is it a problem with men wearing skinny jeans or something?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2015, 11:59:19 PM »
I don't really care.  I don't like the manspreading term as it seems to imply all men should be a jerk to people sitting next to them or they aren't being a "man".  If it is a problem, put some powder down there or buy better underwear.  Is it a problem with men wearing skinny jeans or something?

I don't like the term because 90% of the "manspreading" pics in the SJW outrage articles are of guys sitting normally. I don't sit with my knees three feet apart, but I'm not sitting anywhere with my knees touching together either.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2015, 06:25:28 PM »

Check your shitlord privilege.

I am deeply disappointed with both of you.

Back when life and the world were running properly  :old: it would be charged as solicitation.

Nowadays it qualifies for a National Endowment for the Arts grant.

Guys should be documenting shespreading.  Trouble is they're gonna get busted for illegally taking pictures up some wymn's skirt.  If that happened to me I'd be filing Title IX complaints so fast they would think they were Title IV.5s.

stay safe,
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2015, 10:35:39 AM »
I don't like the term because 90% of the "manspreading" pics in the SJW outrage articles are of guys sitting normally. I don't sit with my knees three feet apart, but I'm not sitting anywhere with my knees touching together either.
I don't consider knees apart a little to be bad by itself, but if you are speading out so much the people sitting next to you can't sit straight, it is just not polite or courteous.  It would be the same if some idiot was laying down across 4 or 5 seats while people are standing up and have no where to sit. 

I can't see the pics now, but there also used to be a habit where men would stand up to let a woman sit. 

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2015, 12:58:34 PM »
I don't consider knees apart a little to be bad by itself, but if you are speading out so much the people sitting next to you can't sit straight, it is just not polite or courteous.  It would be the same if some idiot was laying down across 4 or 5 seats while people are standing up and have no where to sit. 

I can't see the pics now, but there also used to be a habit where men would stand up to let a woman sit. 

You forgot to use the  :old:

Back in the day (yes, another  :old:) children were taught at home to rise when adults entered or left the room, to give up seats to women and other adults, and a few other things.  I can recall a kid who I knew did all those things at home but forgot to do the giving up his seat thing on the subway.  Daddy's dope slap nearly knocked him into the next car.

Nowadays it's more important to teach kids which bowl in the school nurse's office has the condoms and how to put one on a banana.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2015, 03:34:10 PM »
At Texas A&M in the early 90's when I was there, there were Ags that would simetimes be vocal about stuff like that with other guys.  It wasn't uncommon.  I haven't been back to campus in quite a while so I don't know if anything has changed. 

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2015, 04:21:31 PM »
You forgot to use the  :old:

Back in the day (yes, another  :old:) children were taught at home to rise when adults entered or left the room, to give up seats to women and other adults, and a few other things.  I can recall a kid who I knew did all those things at home but forgot to do the giving up his seat thing on the subway.  Daddy's dope slap nearly knocked him into the next car.

Nowadays it's more important to teach kids which bowl in the school nurse's office has the condoms and how to put one on a banana.

stay safe.

Back in your day  :old: (did I use that right?) having manners and being courteous in public was a generally expect way to exist. That is no longer the case.

The issue with 'manspreading' is the 'man' part. I wouldn't have as much an issue with a law that made hogging space on public transportation illegal. I would support laws that made having bags and luggage that impeded movement within the vehicles illegal, because, in addition to being rude, it is a public safety hazard.
The issue with 'manspreading' is that it is not about taking up too much space. It's about "privledge" and "oppressing womyn" which is just total bullshit.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2015, 04:53:22 PM »
The issue with 'manspreading' is that it is not about taking up too much space. It's about "privledge" and "oppressing womyn" which is just total bullshit.

Dammit, Liz -

I was just working up a post that would not get moderated or get me banned that dealt with womyn-spreading.  All that cis shitlord patriarchy energy is now down the tubes.  =(

stay safe.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2015, 05:05:58 PM »
Dammit, Liz -

I was just working up a post that would not get moderated or get me banned that dealt with womyn-spreading.  All that cis shitlord patriarchy energy is now down the tubes.  =(

stay safe.

Well, we all know it works better if the womyn is spreading her legs...or straddling... Or just bent over...

(I'm a bad girl. I'm a bad bad girl.)