Author Topic: Geraldo don't need no 2nd Amendment  (Read 608 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Geraldo don't need no 2nd Amendment
« on: June 10, 2015, 06:55:06 PM »
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/freddie-gray/bs-md-ci-fox-security-arrest-20150608-story.html
Television networks such as Fox provided security to accompany reporters and personalities, including Geraldo Rivera....Scott told the officers he left his permit to carry the weapons at home, according to the statement. Police later determined that Scott did not have a license to carry in Maryland, the statement said.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2014/09/01/geraldo-rivera-the-second-amendment-is-blind-and-stupid/
Quote from: Geraldo
Like I’ve always said, the Second Amendment, the provision that gives every American the right to keep and bear arms, is blind and stupid.

This would be hilarious, if there weren't an innocent man locked up over this, who's probably going to stay that way for a while. No word of any protests or hashtags over this now unarmed black man. How odd.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Geraldo don't need no 2nd Amendment
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 09:12:45 PM »
I once again find myself with little sympathy and I certainly do not believe he is in any way innocent.

He was employed by a security contractor who is required to have a Compliance Officer who is required to ensure that all employees have all certifications necessary for the assignment they are given.  He lives in DC where it is almost "common knowledge" that Maryland requires a permit and that they are darned difficult for residents to get and darned near impossible for non-residents to get.  He knew he did not have a permit but lied about it being in his other pants.  Knowing he did not personally have a permit he did not inquire if his employment would cover him.  Etc.  Etc.

The vast majority of the population does not care about these pesky details.  They just know that guns are bad,'mkay?  Folks who use guns as part of their job are, in my experience, sticklers for assuring they meet all the legal niceties.

Plain and simple, there is little to suggest that this guy "innocently" screwed up and that he is being treated unfairly.

About the only thing regarding Fox News that I am reasonably sure of is that they have a good case for demanding their money back from the security contractor.  That's based on a strong belief that there is not a clause in the contract that says "We will put any bozo in the slot regardless if he meets minimum requirements or not."  More likely there is a clause where the security contractor pledges to provide employees who at lest meet the minimum qualifications.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Geraldo don't need no 2nd Amendment
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 10:44:53 PM »
I'm not saying he didn't knowingly break the law. It's just that the "law" was in this case a nullity. He appears to be a major bonehead ("Oh, I forgot my permit at home, occifer!"), but he is still just a major bonehead that doesn't appear to have hurt anyone, and was just exercising a Constitutional right.

So, yeah, in real terms he's innocent.

But, the Hands Up Brigade is more interested in unarmed black men that are actual, violent criminals.

But enough about him. Geraldo! :)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife