Author Topic: Iranian Nuclear Ambitions  (Read 1735 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Iranian Nuclear Ambitions
« on: June 11, 2015, 03:52:41 PM »
They already have one Russian reactor operational.  However, Iran only has two civilian nuke plants for generating electricity.  Only, Buseher was built by the Russians, with them providing and then disposing of the fuel.  Only one of four reactors is operational with two more "planned" and a fourth cancelled.

Darkhovin is still under construction with only one reactor planned, and two others cancelled.

If Iran's nuke program was for "peaceful power generation", then they'd be going gang-busters to get plants built.  But it's not, hence the subterfuge.  And your President is running around screaming about how we can trust them, but no one, not our allies, nor those that will have to live the middle-east are buying it.

http://news.yahoo.com/u-says-iran-must-implement-nuclear-transparastency-provisions-105105648.html
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Iranian Nuclear Ambitions
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 06:26:04 PM »
If you realize that Obama hates this country, then it all starts to make sense.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 10:26:27 PM »
If you realize that Obama hates this country, then it all starts to make sense.

Werd!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 10:36:39 PM »
He trusts the Iranians more than he does the Israelis! He has an innate distrust of Israel (which I have observed in my many interactions with African American folk) as do most of the African American friends I have had (and I have had a lot). As is evidenced by his repeated refusal to meet with the Prime Minister of Israel on his repeated visits to Washington. He is a "racist".
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 05:10:29 PM »
Neither Iran nor Israel are worthy of trust.  Both have demonstrated that.  We need to look out for America's interests before any foreign country's.  We have a greater affinity for Israel due to the large western influence/component on their society, but we must not forget that our interests diverge in many instances.  I am generally more comfy with Israel being in the nuke club than Iran.

I wonder...?

Which country has killed more American servicemen with their military? (1)

Which country has managed to kill more American servicemen indirectly by way of influence or subterfuge? (2)

(1) Not trick question.

(2) Might be trick question...or at least more complex than at first glance.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 06:25:05 PM »
I say we bring back nuke testing.  Light one off somewhere, take really good video, hack into all the Iranian news stations and show that video.
Make it clear.  Behave.  Or die.
And if they get nukes...so what.  The clear implication should be that using them will get their nation turned into a glass parking lot.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 07:35:57 PM »
I say we bring back nuke testing.  Light one off somewhere, take really good video, hack into all the Iranian news stations and show that video.
And if they get nukes...so what.  The clear implication should be that using them will get their nation turned into a glass parking lot.

The trouble is that some of the mullahs in power expect -- and desire -- that outcome.   Threatening to kill someone isn't very persuasive if the person desires death.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 10:26:39 AM »
Pity we can't engineer a strain of C. difficile that would specially target those hyper-religious nutbags that are so desirous of their own death.  I wonder what reward awaits those who die not in glorious Jihad, but rather from ****ing themselves to death.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2015, 04:34:24 PM »
The trouble is that some of the mullahs in power expect -- and desire -- that outcome.   Threatening to kill someone isn't very persuasive if the person desires death.
So we should send them a picture of our most advanced hospitals with our best doctors posing in it?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2015, 05:07:18 PM »

Why not test test it on Fallujah or Ramadi...   Hits a bit closer to home,  and we're not out anything of value.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2015, 07:08:31 PM »
So we should send them a picture of our most advanced hospitals with our best doctors posing in it?
By what stretch of the imagination do you conclude that would be productive, or even have anything to  do with my post? ?

???
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero