Author Topic: Shooting at Dallas Police HQ  (Read 4600 times)

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
Shooting at Dallas Police HQ
« on: June 13, 2015, 07:15:20 AM »
This is still on going.

Interesting times we are in.

The video I just saw on Fox sounded like full auto.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/13/dallas-police-shooting/

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Shooting at Dallas Police HQ
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 08:09:29 AM »
Police used a .50 cal to disable the armored car.  No word on if was a rifle or M2.  And of course the MSM is barking about how the plans to de-militarize the cops would make doing stuff like that more difficult if not impossible.

Talking heads are also opining that there is a high possibility for copy-cat incidents.  Ya think if they hadn't mentioned that nobody would consider doing something like this?

Interesting times indeed.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 09:01:52 AM »
This is feeling like Islamist aholes to me
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 09:04:06 AM »
Brown said the suspect driving the van has told officers that he blames police for losing custody of his son and “accusing him of being a terrorist.” The gunman also said he had explosives in the van, which appeared to be outfitted with gun ports in the sides.

Let's see -- automatic weapons and bombs, attacks the police because he lost a custody case.

Nope, couldn't possibly be a terrorist.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 09:37:28 AM »
This is feeling like Islamist aholes to me

Already identified as a 50 year old disgruntled man, James Boulware, claiming the cops caused his son to be taken away from him.  He has a history of domestic violence.  Also purchased a "zombie apocalypse defense vehicle" or some such off eBay.  Some of the MSM is really playing that up.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 10:32:28 AM »
I kind of expect to see more of this sort of stuff as time goes by.
Obviously we don't know the real background of the perpetrator or his history with Dallas PD and the legal system yet (and likely never will).
Probably a scum sucking shitbird that should have been taken out back and horsewhipped years ago but we've seen too many cases of more or less normal folks get royally screwed by the "legal system" for little more than they annoyed the wrong person or were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
While I certainly don't condone this sort of thing I am surprised it doesn't happen more often.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 11:14:09 AM »
I kind of expect to see more of this sort of stuff as time goes by.
Obviously we don't know the real background of the perpetrator or his history with Dallas PD and the legal system yet (and likely never will).
Probably a scum sucking shitbird that should have been taken out back and horsewhipped years ago but we've seen too many cases of more or less normal folks get royally screwed by the "legal system" for little more than they annoyed the wrong person or were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
While I certainly don't condone this sort of thing I am surprised it doesn't happen more often.

Yep
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 11:37:51 AM »
What Battle Monkey of Zardoz said.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2015, 11:40:50 AM »
What Battle Monkey of Zardoz said.

+3
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zahc

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2015, 12:06:14 PM »
+4

Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2015, 12:16:11 PM »
You know it's dark times in the republic when this stuff happens, and we all find it so relatable.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2015, 12:35:04 PM »
Cops are lucky the perp didn't have any actual plan to do them harm - he just decided to spray bullets at their HQ. (As if that would solve anything.  :facepalm:  )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2015, 12:51:08 PM »
What is this Re-public you speak of Fistful?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2015, 01:07:35 PM »
What is this Re-public you speak of Fistful?
So you agree with him.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2015, 01:22:26 PM »
You know it's dark times in the republic when this stuff happens, and we all find it so relatable.

How fast did those "Killdozer" Lowers sell out again?

Lot os reasonable folks are starting to feel the po po is unreasonable.  It's depressing and, truthfully, a little worrying.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2015, 01:26:10 PM »
+4

Sign me up too as rare and odd as that might be

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2015, 02:06:05 PM »
Also +6.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Shooting at Dallas Police HQ
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2015, 04:21:02 PM »
Dark times indeed.

Renaissance/awakening or a collapse look to be mid term options.  History is moving faster and we wont get the 400yrs the western part of the roman empore got after shifting from republic to empire.

Thought to ponder:  after rome fell w europe sunk to levels of development below those they had when they first were influenced or intergrated with rome.  Took them 1000yrs to recover back to where rome fell.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
Re: Re: Shooting at Dallas Police HQ
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2015, 04:39:56 PM »
Dark times indeed.

Renaissance/awakening or a collapse look to be mid term options.  History is moving faster and we wont get the 400yrs the western part of the roman empore got after shifting from republic to empire.

Thought to ponder:  after rome fell w europe sunk to levels of development below those they had when they first were influenced or intergrated with rome.  Took them 1000yrs to recover back to where rome fell.

Indeed.

Iv always believed since I left LE in the early 90s that LE was quickly becoming the "standing army" our founders were concerned about. With the influx of military equip started by Clinton, the let's look and act like military from LE, to the patriot act....I could list more but you get the picture.

We have hard times ahead. I still believe that LE is the cause of most if not all their issues we gripe about. LE needs to take a long look into the mirror. Dallas PD is damn lucky they came up against this idiot, and look how far he got.  If it had been one or more folks with military training, it could have been a much different outcome.

Concerning this event, I am afraid it will be used as a rallying call to become that standing army.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2015, 05:07:35 PM »

Well, it's not always - none of this applies to Muslims.  There can be no suggestion that government policy towards them has anything to do with terrorism. 

Plain Jane white folks are the only ones who seem to be "relatable" in these incidents, and they're soon to be a minority.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2015, 05:09:23 PM »
Isn't the biggest problem that we expect too much of police? We call them every time a grade-schooler is too "violent," as we lack the basic good sense to have the teachers/administers give the kid a good hiding, and get on with things.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2015, 05:23:59 PM »
Also, the lawyers, prosecutors, and judges have just as much or more say in how our legal system works. 

IMO, it is unscrupulous lawyers rejecting any form of common sense and the judges who do the same. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2015, 06:52:53 PM »
Well, it's not always - none of this applies to Muslims.  There can be no suggestion that government policy towards them has anything to do with terrorism. 

Plain Jane white folks are the only ones who seem to be "relatable" in these incidents, and they're soon to be a minority.

If the radical Islamists only attacked government institutions and made it clear they had no quarrel with the people of the USA it would become really interesting to see how that would play out.

As our government is increasingly not reflecting the views of the majority on a host of issues it seems they might be able to drive a wedge into the already existing gap and widen it some.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2015, 06:57:33 PM »
If the radical Islamists only attacked government institutions and made it clear they had no quarrel with the people of the USA it would become really interesting to see how that would play out.

As our government is increasingly not reflecting the views of the majority on a host of issues it seems they might be able to drive a wedge into the already existing gap and widen it some.

Do not give them any ideas. It would not take much for Muslims, or another group or set of cirumstances for something like you suggest to happen.

Abraham Lincoln

jim in anchorage

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2015, 07:34:32 PM »

And how did that work out for Tim McVeigh?