Author Topic: Here's one Blue Star Lizzard won't like  (Read 4166 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Here's one Blue Star Lizzard won't like
« on: June 27, 2015, 11:18:18 PM »
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/06/26/sheriff-ramsey-county-deputy-caught-on-camera-abusing-dog/

Sheriff's office K-9 handler trainee flips out and beats his canine partner. Fortunately, it was caught on camera.

Lynching's too good for that deputy. I'll bet he was a real treat if you got him at a traffic stop, too.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
Re: Here's one Blue Star Lizzard won't like
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 11:30:22 PM »
Yeah,  that pisses me off.

Wonder if the thin blue line will close around this guy.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 12:23:21 AM »
I hope the thin blue line will protect the K9 officer rather than that human piece of *expletive deleted*it.
 :mad:
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 02:05:17 AM »
From the article:
Berry was arrested and has been charged with two misdemeanor counts: one for assaulting a public safety dog and one for animal cruelty.

Public safety dog??  Thought K9s were police officers.

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/news/in-killing-of-police-dogs-cops-usually-get-light-punishment-7008622

Interesting read on this. I guess the K9s are only considered police officers when "non badge wearers" hurt or kill them.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 03:37:16 AM »
Soooo...not only do cops kill men, women, children, and disabled persons along with dogs, cats, puppies, kittens, 30 year-old miniature ponies & baby pot-bellied pigs, but now they're beating up on their canine partners.
For shame.  :mad: :mad: :mad:
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 11:02:54 AM »
Soooo...not only do cops kill men, women, children, and disabled persons along with dogs, cats, puppies, kittens, 30 year-old miniature ponies & baby pot-bellied pigs, but now they're beating up on their canine partners.
For shame.  :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hey, as long as they get to go home at the end of their shift, it's all good.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 12:33:25 PM »
From the article:
Public safety dog??  Thought K9s were police officers.

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/news/in-killing-of-police-dogs-cops-usually-get-light-punishment-7008622

Interesting read on this. I guess the K9s are only considered police officers when "non badge wearers" hurt or kill them.

Apparently, this is a big issue and officers seem to treat the dogs like equipment rather than living, breathing creatures.
Which is disturbing in three ways. The obvious, beating up on a dog is just *expletive deleted*ed up. The second is that the training requirements and care involved in getting a dog to perform at that level is expensive and takes a long time. You don't just go pick up some pups and spend a couple months with them, viola, Police Dog. It's years of training and, even picking the best options, not every dog that starts the training will finish it. Not every dog can do it.
Third, especially with dogs that are attacked trained, beating an animal can result in the animal defending itself. Even when an dog is justified for biting, it most likely will have to be put down. Bad handling creates dangerous animals. The large, dominate and intelligent dogs used for police work are the most likely to end up dangerous after being mishandled.

So, this ahole in the OP beat up that poor dog, potentially ruining a valuable asset to his department and risked creating a dangerous animal that could potentially harm himself and others.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 12:50:28 PM »
Same officers that do *expletive deleted*it like drive off with rifles on top of their cars, crash squad cars driving 90mph off duty...things like that.  Not surprised.  It's a warrior entitlement mentality.  Moving this to politics.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 01:17:38 PM »
Same officers that do *expletive deleted*it like drive off with rifles on top of their cars, crash squad cars driving 90mph off duty...things like that.  Not surprised.  It's a warrior entitlement mentality.  Moving this to politics.

The upside being you don't have to worry about the squad car going off on it's own and mauling someone afterwards.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 01:46:43 PM »
In a just world, the offending piece of protoplasm would either be criminally charged with destruction of property or charged internally with damaging agency property, not the lesser offense of animal cruelty.

A basic patrol dog is not that basic - they are usually the most highly skilled and highly trained of all the K-9 assignments with capabilities for tracking, attack, perimeter patrol and property protection.  I do not know what the prices are today but about 10 years ago a patrol dog went for between $5K and $7K before you started agency-specific training.  A tracking dog could be had for about $2K and a contraband detection dog for as much as $5K if fully trained.

While many states have legislatively declared dogs to be police officers that is just window dressing to up the sentence of certain miscreants.  Neither the bullet resistant vest nor the badge make a dog a police officer - that is done by swearing an oath and accepting a commission after completing academy training.  Between  a dog's "natural affection" towards its handler and specific training, patrol dogs are specifically trained to take the bullet for their handler -  so that the real cop can go home at the end of their shift.  (That is not said/written sarcastically - it's  a statement of fact.)

The video suggests that the dog had/has some bond with the cop.  I did not see anything that suggested cringing nor did I see anything that even looked like a snarl let alone an active attempt at defense.  That makes the beatings even more troublesome, as the cop seemed to count on the dog not trying to fight back.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2015, 02:27:51 PM »
In a just world, the offending piece of protoplasm would either be criminally charged with destruction of property or charged internally with damaging agency property, not the lesser offense of animal cruelty.

A basic patrol dog is not that basic - they are usually the most highly skilled and highly trained of all the K-9 assignments with capabilities for tracking, attack, perimeter patrol and property protection.  I do not know what the prices are today but about 10 years ago a patrol dog went for between $5K and $7K before you started agency-specific training.  A tracking dog could be had for about $2K and a contraband detection dog for as much as $5K if fully trained.

While many states have legislatively declared dogs to be police officers that is just window dressing to up the sentence of certain miscreants.  Neither the bullet resistant vest nor the badge make a dog a police officer - that is done by swearing an oath and accepting a commission after completing academy training.  Between  a dog's "natural affection" towards its handler and specific training, patrol dogs are specifically trained to take the bullet for their handler -  so that the real cop can go home at the end of their shift.  (That is not said/written sarcastically - it's  a statement of fact.)

The video suggests that the dog had/has some bond with the cop.  I did not see anything that suggested cringing nor did I see anything that even looked like a snarl let alone an active attempt at defense.  That makes the beatings even more troublesome, as the cop seemed to count on the dog not trying to fight back.

stay safe.

The dog cringed. It was clearly not happy to be beaten on. Tail tucked, ears down, collapsing submissively.
My bet is the dog did something wrong (and based on the report, I'm guessing the officer left him for way to long in that hotel room and returned to find an accident. It's the most likely scenario) and the officer was "punishing" the dog because the dog didn't seem like it was sorry.
Macho + idiot can't read canine body language = beatings like this. I've seen it before. The initial repremand results in the dog trying to appease the pack leader by basically sucking up (kisses, wagging tail, low slung posture) and the idiot see's the behavior as happy or oblivious to the repremand and starts in on the dog trying to make the punishment "stick".

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2015, 04:37:47 PM »
BSL -

your eyes are better than mine, especially when it comes to 4-legged animals.  I yield to your better description.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2015, 04:47:50 PM »
BSL -

your eyes are better than mine, especially when it comes to 4-legged animals.  I yield to your better description.

stay safe.

It's the second part of the video that makes me see red. The dog is down and clearly distressed but still cowering rather than nailing that SOB. That's a dog that really wants to please and wants to do what is asked of it, but has been beaten down like that before. The dog is scared and doesn't understand.
That bastard doesn't deserve that dog.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2015, 05:02:26 PM »
Sub human piece of *expletive deleted*it, plain and simple.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2015, 05:15:58 PM »
Same officers that do *expletive deleted*it like drive off with rifles on top of their cars, crash squad cars driving 90mph off duty...things like that.  Not surprised.  It's a warrior elitist entitlement mentality.  Moving this to politics.

FTFY.

That mentality has nothing to do with being a warrior, and everything to do with a gangsta, "I'm spayshulur than u R" mentality.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2015, 05:18:10 PM »
I did not see anything that suggested cringing nor did I see anything that even looked like a snarl let alone an active attempt at defense.  That makes the beatings even more troublesome, as the cop seemed to count on the dog not trying to fight back.

I noticed the same thing, and it made me REALLY angry.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2015, 06:46:16 PM »
I won't watch it.  It wouldn't be wise for me to watch it.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2015, 08:48:56 PM »
It's about how watching someone shaking a baby would be. I made the mistake of watching it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2015, 11:10:48 PM »
His management did the right thing.  LEO is lacking in the self-discipline department and needs a time out.  Doggie, too, though it is not his fault his master was a ****nozzle.

OTOH, we have LEOs abusing humans and casually ruining human lives with such frequency I just can't get worked up over one abusing his own or his department's animal.  Yes, much of America has degenerated to the point where most folk feel more for an abused animal than an abused human.  Probably a majority.  I have yet to join that club.  First became aware of such widespread sentiment in 8th grade.  I thought it incomprehensible than, though I have a better understanding nowadays.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2015, 12:51:41 AM »
Dogs can't hire lawyers ...

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2015, 01:19:22 PM »
Haven't seen the video and won't watch it.  But I want 5 mins with the *expletive deleted*bag.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2015, 01:22:50 PM »
Above someone said this is a frequent problem, with polic dog handlers treating their dogs as equipment rather than partners.

That's surprising to me, given what I know of military working dogs and their handlers, and the bond that bomb dogs in the army form with their handlers. Very strange

I don't doubt it. But i can't imagine NOT forming a deep bond with a dog that helps keep you alive.

*expletive deleted*ed up cop. Hope his career is over
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2015, 01:27:04 PM »
Agreed most handlers form a deep bond with their dogs.  The comment about dogs being considered equipment was directed at the administration.

stay safe.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2015, 03:34:10 PM »
Above someone said this is a frequent problem, with polic dog handlers treating their dogs as equipment rather than partners.

That's surprising to me, given what I know of military working dogs and their handlers, and the bond that bomb dogs in the army form with their handlers. Very strange

I don't doubt it. But i can't imagine NOT forming a deep bond with a dog that helps keep you alive.

*expletive deleted*ed up cop. Hope his career is over

It's going to depend on the handler and how much they are responsible for the dogs needs outside of work.
I would guess the military handlers (especially in combat zones) are pretty much with their dogs 24/7 when deployed.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2015, 04:45:34 PM »
A friend of mine trains schutzhund professionally heard about this video and will not watch it. She says mil handlers are mixed, some good and some bad, but she has never seen a decent police handler, to the point that she quit working with police or any dogs that are training for police a few years ago.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?