Author Topic: Craft Beer is Sexist  (Read 3995 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Craft Beer is Sexist
« on: July 07, 2015, 09:45:21 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Craft Beer is Sexist
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 10:38:43 AM »
I would encourage the writer to join with Home Depot .
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 10:41:29 AM »
Does any normal person even pay attention to these accusations anymore?  Everything and everyone is sexist, racist, offensive, etc, etc in some way at least if you talk to the right thin-skinned individual.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 12:43:49 PM »
Any beer that causes outrage of those idiots tastes that much better.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 12:48:45 PM »
First world problems, indeed. In an age when so many outlets exist to immediately broadcast unfiltered ideas, the impulse to garner attention seems to bring out the petty worst in so many craving an audience and validation.

As stated, crack open a damn beer and shut your outrage piehole for ten freaking minutes.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 01:14:19 PM »
Does any normal person even pay attention to these accusations anymore?  Everything and everyone is sexist, racist, offensive, etc, etc in some way at least if you talk to the right thin-skinned individual.

I really think the average person, even the average liberal, is getting really sick of it. However, when you have your large corporate employer for instance, caving to their outrage to avoid "micro-aggression", people are often forced to (at least on the clock), if not be sensitive to them, not be able to tell them to get bent.

One of the joys of retirement is not having anything to lose anymore and being able to tell them to get bent. Also what Andiron said.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zahc

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 01:30:41 PM »
By and large, I agree with the SJW that many of the labels and brands are in poor taste. Refusing to serve/carry the beers, refusing to drink them, sending cases back, etc. is the right and proper response. I appreciate a subtle in - joke as much as the next guy but they are crossing the line into middle school bathroom humor, and the market should bill them for their uncreative poor taste.  They will either get their act together,  or they won't. This is all exactly as it should be.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 03:17:17 PM »
By and large, I agree with the SJW that many of the labels and brands are in poor taste. Refusing to serve/carry the beers, refusing to drink them, sending cases back, etc. is the right and proper response. I appreciate a subtle in - joke as much as the next guy but they are crossing the line into middle school bathroom humor, and the market should bill them for their uncreative poor taste.  They will either get their act together,  or they won't. This is all exactly as it should be.

Only major craft brand label I can think of that's even slightly risque is Lagunita's Little Sumpin' Sumpin'. https://lagunitas.com/beers/little-sumpin-sumpin
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 03:47:38 PM »

I agree the market can decide. That is, of course, a two-way street. If beer drinkers like the marketing, the "offensive" labels should continue and the SJWs will need to suck it up. If enough people complain that they remove them, I'll need to suck it up and come up with funny labels for the beer I make myself. :)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 04:01:14 PM »
I agree the market can decide. That is, of course, a two-way street. If beer drinkers like the marketing, the "offensive" labels should continue and the SJWs will need to suck it up. If enough people complain that they remove them, I'll need to suck it up and come up with funny labels for the beer I make myself. :)

Exactly.

I wouldn't mind a six pack of Raging Bitch, just for the labels.

Furthermore, I would go as far as saying that one could easily argue that Raging Bitch was empowering towards woman rather than dergotory and sexist.

The local breweries have some cute names and funny labels. I appreciate clever and fun when it comes to beer (and many other products)
Besides, since when has drinking and being a prude been activities that go hand in hand?
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 04:07:26 PM »
Exactly.

I wouldn't mind a six pack of Raging Bitch, just for the labels.

Furthermore, I would go as far as saying that one could easily argue that Raging Bitch was empowering towards woman rather than dergotory and sexist.

The local breweries have some cute names and funny labels. I appreciate clever and fun when it comes to beer (and many other products)
Besides, since when has drinking and being a prude been activities that go hand in hand?

The SJW's are taking the fun out of everything they can.  Positive consent is now sweeping through college campuses.....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2015, 04:12:49 PM »

The SJW's are taking the fun out of everything they can.  Positive consent is now sweeping through college campuses.....

I hate SJWs. Bunch of freaking party poopers.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2015, 04:14:36 PM »
I hate SJWs. Bunch of freaking party poopers.

Hang on.  I need you to positively affirm consent to copulation and further, sign this affidavit.  After we notarize it and you take a breathalyzer to confirm you're not impaired by alcohol, fornication may commence. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2015, 04:19:11 PM »
Hang on.  I need you to positively affirm consent to copulation and further, sign this affidavit.  After we notarize it and you take a breathalyzer to confirm you're not impaired by alcohol, fornication may commence. 

If the notery is involved, this could get kinky...

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2015, 04:29:20 PM »

Kinky sex is misogynist.  Missionary only, and equal time to the partners for whose on top.  Since ladies first is sexist, a coin must be flipped to determine who's on top first.
JD

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2015, 04:53:33 PM »

Flip a coin for the handcuffs  ???

=D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2015, 05:47:24 PM »
BSL and Jamis - as per the new APS regulations, please sign the consent contract. Please note the part that requires you to take a photo together holding the contract.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/advocacy-group-distributes-sexual-consent-contracts-to-college-students/article/2567726

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2015, 06:01:11 PM »
And why not put more participant signature lines on there?  Gotta protect people in threesomes, foursomes and orgies, too.
JD

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 09:34:28 PM »
BSL and Jamis - as per the new APS regulations, please sign the consent contract. Please note the part that requires you to take a photo together holding the contract.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/advocacy-group-distributes-sexual-consent-contracts-to-college-students/article/2567726

Honestly, I think said consent contracts might be a very very very good idea in many cases.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2015, 09:45:37 PM »
Honestly, I think said consent contracts might be a very very very good idea in many cases.

For what? They don't protect the male involved. All the chick has to say is that she changed her mind, and viola, he's a "rapist". And I don't think someone who is actually going to commit rape is going to abide by some contract, if they even sign it in the first place.

Contracts and written agreements are one thing in BDSM, but for casual hook ups, one night stands or regular old dating?

This is just another way to make sure woman are the eternal victims and men are always responsible for all the evils in the world.

Mind you, I'd be slightly less skeptical if the goal of protection and establishing consent of was equally applied to both genders.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2015, 12:16:53 AM »

Haven't been to a military training in a while have you? Positive consent is the law of the land. Pretty soon you'll need a notarized contract that states that she said you could ____ ____ ____ to her _____ ____ with your___ ___ __. :D

And remember kids, one drink removes ability to give consent and that goes for you married folks too.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2015, 12:26:09 AM »
Haven't been to a military training in a while have you? Positive consent is the law of the land. Pretty soon you'll need a notarized contract that states that she said you could ____ ____ ____ to her _____ ____ with your___ ___ __. :D

And remember kids, one drink removes ability to give consent and that goes for you married folks too.

Bingo.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2015, 06:57:17 AM »
I can three underscore her two underscore with my three underscore? I'll be in my bunk.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2015, 10:30:29 AM »
For what? They don't protect the male involved. All the chick has to say is that she changed her mind, and viola, he's a "rapist". And I don't think someone who is actually going to commit rape is going to abide by some contract, if they even sign it in the first place.

Contracts and written agreements are one thing in BDSM, but for casual hook ups, one night stands or regular old dating?

This is just another way to make sure woman are the eternal victims and men are always responsible for all the evils in the world.

Mind you, I'd be slightly less skeptical if the goal of protection and establishing consent of was equally applied to both genders.

ding ding ding, we have a winner.

It's all about gaining advantage through victimization. 
JD

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2015, 10:45:30 AM »
The Sexual Counter-revolution

The "progressives" spent the past few decades telling us to "progress" toward free love, with no boundaries; no rules. They now want their love locked down, contractual, safe. Even the homosexuals say they want to be married now.

How's that free love workin' out for 'em?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife