Author Topic: And the crowd gets bigger  (Read 2149 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
And the crowd gets bigger
« on: July 13, 2015, 08:33:16 AM »
Looks like Walker is tossing his name in the race, I'm pretty certain he isn't going to make it past the early primaries.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: And the crowd gets bigger
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 08:48:13 AM »
From what I've read Walker has done some flip flopping on issues instead of just owning his positions.

While I was disappointed to learn he was in favor of amnesty his flip flop on the issue makes him look weak and political. Same with the ethanol subsidies, he should have just articulated his position and moved on. Flip flopping doesn't inspire confidence.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 09:08:16 AM »
many candidates does not mean many choices.

Dear GOP, I'm still unimpressed- keep 'em coming.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 09:09:34 AM »
Dear GOP, I'm still unimpressed- keep 'em coming.

Yep, I call them all so far, Presidential Nopefuls.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 09:12:39 AM »
Looks like Walker is tossing his name in the race, I'm pretty certain he isn't going to make it past the early primaries.

The Texas Ranger has already won.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 10:27:57 AM »
He's still polling higher than anyone else in iowa.
He's definitely not perfect, noone is...
I'm not with him on 100% of the issues, but he might be the right guy at the right time right now.
Before walker, Wi was run by an extreme far left tax and spend liberal, who came after a decade of a populist tax and spend squishy republican, who came after decades of far left and more squishy middle republican governors....
In one term walker:
Passed WI's ACT 10- which destroyed the WI democratic machine and their stranglehold on WI.This also effectively stopped the growth in property taxes and in most cases saw the first reductions in property taxes in WI- ever. This one single action made him subject to a recall election, which he won, and by itself is a huge accomplishment. The impact to WI is on par with, in a relative sense with obamacare being passed nationally- but in a positive direction. Its importance cannot be understated.
Passed 'right to work.'
Passed CCW.
Will be signing a law this week to repeal 'prevailing wage' laws for local, city, county level contracts.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 11:26:09 AM »
The most conservative/libertarian so far are probably Cruz and Paul.  Personally, I haven't seen any reason for me to vote for any of the other (R) candidates.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Pb

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 01:34:48 PM »
Walker is my favorite so far.

He has good governing experience.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 01:42:53 PM »
Brimic said:

Passed WI's ACT 10- which destroyed the WI democratic machine and their stranglehold on WI.  This also effectively stopped the growth in property taxes and in most cases saw the first reductions in property taxes in WI- ever.

WOW!  That's unprecedented!  Did he use the jawbone of an ass? (Judges 15:16 KJV )

Whatever he did, can we get the playbook?  Maybe we could use some of it here in Colorado.

I must research him further.

(I don't actually find fault with so-called flip-flopping.  Sometimes it's simply due to a reassessment of values completely apart from mere political necessity --due to better information or whatever.  Sometimes.)

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2015, 03:11:21 PM »
I don't actually find fault with so-called flip-flopping.  Sometimes it's simply due to a reassessment of values completely apart from mere political necessity --due to better information or whatever.

Heck, sometimes it's not so much 'flipflopping' in that the 'change' is due to some concern or other being addressed.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 03:23:34 PM »
Brimic said:

WOW!  That's unprecedented!  Did he use the jawbone of an ass? (Judges 15:16 KJV )

Whatever he did, can we get the playbook?  Maybe we could use some of it here in Colorado.

If you're looking into recent politics in the state, you should not neglect to also look up "lawfare."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2015, 05:57:50 PM »
Brimic said:

(I don't actually find fault with so-called flip-flopping.  Sometimes it's simply due to a reassessment of values completely apart from mere political necessity --due to better information or whatever.  Sometimes.)

Terry, 230RN

Mainly, what Walker and the WI GOP "did", was have the intestinal fortitude to stay the course when everything in WI went "rodeo", and were willing to deal with people "hating them".

Granted, for the GOP, that in of itself is miraculous.

The Liberals, Democrats, and the .gov unions mainly did Walker's job for them, by looking petulant and unreasonable, and then downright insane. The MONTHS of protesting, banging drums in the Capitol rotunda, hippies taking dumps in odd corners of the Capitol, the protesting, the whining, the screaming, the Democrat caucus of the State Senate running for IL and hiding out in a hotel to try and prevent a quorum.. all of it worked against them.

And then add to that the army of (many shills imported by unions from out of state) going around and circulating the recall petitions angering many more.

The Republican base was enraged and energized, the apolitical/moderate/undecided voters were disgusted by what they saw, and even some moderate Democrats were absolutely put off too. And Walker won his recall by a higher margin and with more turnout than his original election.

By far, I think he's the most fiscally conservative of the entire GOP field, save Paul. And perhaps more importantly, he's fiscally conservative in a somewhat more realpolitik "let's move the ball" sort of way vs. grand gestures that won't get through Congress even with a GOP majority.

And because of his time holding office in what are otherwise very hostile and withering liberal/Democrat enclaves, as County Executive of Milwaukee, and now Govenor of WI in Madison (worse than Berkeley in many ways...), he might also be the candidate who slides to the center the least, even counting Cruz and Paul.

If you're looking into recent politics in the state, you should not neglect to also look up "lawfare."

This.

The Milwaukee DA, as retribution engaged in YEARS long Grand Jury-ish (Called John Doe in WI) investigations/prosecutions against Walker, and almost every conservative 527-type group in the state. Came up empty of course, but there were literally dawn raids on the homes of normal people to seize papers and computers, terrorizing kids, and then having everyone placed under a gag-order.

Serious "It can't happen in America!" kind of stuff.  =|

Here's a cliffs-notes version of it all, and now it's looking that it may not have been just local WI revenge run amok, but could have been coordinated much higher up, and tied to the Lois Lerner IRS scandals...

http://watchdog.org/series/wisconsins-secret-war/
I promise not to duck.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2015, 09:26:41 PM »
Yep, I call them all so far, Presidential Nopefuls.

Those with executive experience have taken their 30 pieces of silver from the usual suspects (& we can expect no change on the National Question) and those who are good on most issues have no executive experience.

"Nopefuls" indeed.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 07:05:27 PM »

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 07:10:05 PM »
The most conservative/libertarian so far are probably Cruz and Paul.  Personally, I haven't seen any reason for me to vote for any of the other (R) candidates.

I'm not sure either could win in the general. I want to like Cruz, but something is holding me back. Can't put my finger on it.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 07:25:56 PM »
I'm not sure either could win in the general. I want to like Cruz, but something is holding me back. Can't put my finger on it.

As with Ron, Rand seems to be doing the best against Hillary in polls.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog